gameguru990
User Info.
Really excited to see We Are The Ocean.
yep.
02:50 PM on 02/29/12
FiringPartyRule
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have never heard of any of these bands, except for we are the ocean. it sucks to see these names get announced, when you personally know a long list of bands that are so hardworking, have records coming out, and have been touring their asses off get turned down.
02:52 PM on 02/29/12
FiringPartyRule
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The only thing that kept me going through this video is just getting to see that fine ass lights. Still only made it half way.
02:56 PM on 02/29/12
Ryan Dennehy
I have never heard of any of these bands, except for we are the ocean. it sucks to see these names get announced, when you personally know a long list of bands that are so hardworking, have records coming out, and have been touring their asses off get turned down.
Because there's no way these bands work just as hard? C'mon, give me a break. What bands are you thinking of that somehow deserve to be on this more than these?
03:10 PM on 02/29/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
To echo a lot of comments from previous threads: this is the first year I've consistently said "who?" to most of these announcements. I guess I'm getting old?

Haha not really, I have no idea who a lot of the bands are. They're just pretty small bands.
04:25 PM on 02/29/12
wecameaswaffles
youtube.com/hvrocker2
User Info.
put em on the pink stage.
04:31 PM on 02/29/12
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
Haha not really, I have no idea who a lot of the bands are. They're just pretty small bands.
Yeah. It just seemed like in past years, when I perhaps had a bit more time to discover new music, I'd at least heard of those smaller acts...
05:00 PM on 02/29/12
Fringe
highfive
User Info.
Ten Second Epic is a great band.
05:13 PM on 02/29/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
10 second epic was a actually pretty big band a couple of years ago in canada for those wondering
if have some time, check out their record Count Yourself In, solid emo altern pop-punk
Unfortunatly everything since not so good

Yep! It seems like they're trying to make a comeback with this record and finally reach the US audience. Because judging by this thread, Americans are still incredibly out of the loop. I remember I saw them in 2007 and they sold out a pretty big venue in Winnipeg. It's nice to see Warped support Canadian content, even if they only come to Toronto and Montreal nowadays.
05:44 PM on 02/29/12
Eraux
Nothing Important Happened Today.
User Info.
This year's Warped has really gone to shit. I'm sure half of these unfamiliar bands have a decent sound, but I would be willing to say that none of these bands won't last past two years. Where in the fuck is the punk at?
05:45 PM on 02/29/12
Eraux
Nothing Important Happened Today.
User Info.
Yep! It seems like they're trying to make a comeback with this record and finally reach the US audience. Because judging by this thread, Americans are still incredibly out of the loop. I remember I saw them in 2007 and they sold out a pretty big venue in Winnipeg. It's nice to see Warped support Canadian content, even if they only come to Toronto and Montreal nowadays.
mmk, that's one band... as for the rest?

Note: I'm not attacking you personally... I'm just that bothered with this year's lineup. Esp. when I compare it to the mid-late 2000's.
06:11 PM on 02/29/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
mmk, that's one band... as for the rest?

Note: I'm not attacking you personally... I'm just that bothered with this year's lineup. Esp. when I compare it to the mid-late 2000's.

Not going to lie, I have no idea who the other bands are, haha. I just know Ten Second Epic and I can confirm that they aren't a tiny band in Canada. I'll agree that Warped doesn't bring in the big headliners like it used to. The first and last time I went was in 2005, when Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance headlined with The Offspring, Transplants, MxPx, Motion City Soundtrack, No Use For a Name, The Starting Line, Strung Out, Thrice, etc. There's always some bands I'd see in recent years, but I can't be bothered. Mostly because I live 8 hours away from the closest date, but still.
06:36 PM on 02/29/12
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
User Info.
Taking Back Sunday, New Found Glory and Paramore too.

NFG, TBS, YC, ATL and FYS have all been pretty much confirmed in one way or another.

Tour's gonna explode if that one is true. For more than a few dates that is.
06:47 PM on 02/29/12
Sloth7
Eat Snickers, Leave Garbage
User Info.
What's kinda a bummer is that besides the 6 bands a week that I don't recognize, the rumored headliners aren't sweetening the deal too much.

I love ETID, but a 30-minute set of theirs isn't enough to get me to go this year.
06:57 PM on 02/29/12
dawgkta6669
let's get weird
User Info.
bunch of nobodies

add/announce the crappy bands no ones heard later after you announce all the good/known bands. duh

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos