AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:11 PM on 03/04/12 
User Info.
helvetica
No Avatar Selected
http://soundcloud.com/rac/fixers-iro...dream-rac-mix/

Listen to that. The riff that starts at 0:15 and ends at 0:30. What's that from? I've heard it before. I used to love a track with that exact riff. It sounds identical to what I'm thinking of, but I just can't fucking think of it.

Help? Please?

Nice remix. I can't quite place that melody from :15 - :30, but it sounds very Phoenix-ish (but not a perfect match). I wouldn't be surprised if RAC creates a lot of the elements used in the remixes since they are musicians too.
11:17 PM on 03/04/12 
User Info.
helvetica
No Avatar Selected
JIC anyone ends up reading over this I finally found the song/album cover I was thinking of. Makes me feel better I wasn't completely crazy with my description. It was Mykonos by Fleet Foxes.

Glad you found it. I like your use of "swaddled".
08:48 AM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
Nice remix. I can't quite place that melody from :15 - :30, but it sounds very Phoenix-ish (but not a perfect match). I wouldn't be surprised if RAC creates a lot of the elements used in the remixes since they are musicians too.

I think I found it;
http://soundcloud.com/starslingeruk/...-slinger-remix

That's what I'm pretty sure I was thinking of -- the riff goes from 0:54 on.
11:38 AM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
Sam DeBurns Red
Milwaukee, WI
Male
Saw an album a while ago that had a picture of like a racoon in a tree high above a city, the color scheme was like gray, brown and red. No idea if I like the band or even know who they are but its haunting me.
02:23 PM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
Chicago
Male
I miss the days when Chris Roetter didn't blow asshole.

Like Moths to Flames is half bad... if you completely get over the fact that they aren't doing anything ground breaking
02:40 PM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
Male - 17 Years Old
Like Moths to Flames is half bad... if you completely get over the fact that they aren't doing anything ground breaking

See, that's the thing. This Is Your Way Out was a classic EP, and it's still one of my favorites to this day. Even the Agraceful album wasn't half bad. But Like Moths to Flames is just bleh to me.
06:48 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
arselarcaya
No Avatar Selected
chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhtKch2c5U
02:19 PM on 03/21/12 
User Info.
Chris Beck
No Avatar Selected
Male - 29 Years Old
All I can remember about this song is its by Vampire Weekend (at least it sounded a lot like them). It had a lot of Oooohhs. And it was good :<

I realize this is not much to go by but if anything pops into your mind immediately let me know. I humbly offer the beautiful soul who can guess at what song it was 30 detective points. That is the currency 'round here is it not? :)
11:05 AM on 03/27/12 
User Info.
Kilauea
Female
Ok, I saw this really cute video on TV but I forgot the name of the artist/song. It was animated, the singer was a girl, she sounded kinda like Bjork or Beth Orton. In the video, there was a tiny creature travelling on some kind of animal, maybe a wolf? It was a long journey and they were also on the sea, they also got swallowed by a whale. That's all I remember.
08:12 AM on 03/28/12 
User Info.
TueIT
No Avatar Selected
Male - 25 Years Old
just a bit haha
08:38 PM on 03/29/12 
User Info.
mikaylaxcore
mikaylaxcore
No Avatar Selected
Jackson, NJ
Female - 24 Years Old
PLEASE HELP!! can anyone tell me who the band on the front page of paperandplastick.com is? i legit cant find it anywhere! PLEASE AND THANKYOU!!! <3mikayla
04:54 PM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
boomerangslang
blackest black ever
Sa Sa Samoa
Male
Can anyone identify the song in the background of the Russian roulette sketch? Beginning at 5:54:

12:40 AM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
shortwellblue
No Avatar Selected
Alright, so I heard some song playing at a show in between the sets, sounded pop punk and the main catch of the song was just the same chugging chord, it wasn't super heavy chugging but it sounded cool, anyways its also probably a song that came out in last couple years if that helps and it's probably somewhat popular. I know it's not much info but it's all I got, and I hope someone might get what I mean lol..
06:24 AM on 04/10/12 
User Info.
sdkent20
No Avatar Selected
Greensboro
Male - 24 Years Old
NC PUNK BAND: THE RADIO REDS
have just released their new EP "Let It Show"....its up for stream/download on www.theradioreds.bandcamp.com
07:39 AM on 04/10/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
Fourth Grade Nothing - their unreleased full length album. apparently it was recorded and given to friends and stuff, but never was officially released. i want this shit!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos