AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:32 AM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
musicfan2006
Male - 32 Years Old
yeah the site looks fishy...and the label company that s legit does not ask for that kind of money in advance...sure they want to get their investments back..but that is done through a percentage and whatnot that is out into a contract..I am in that kind of business...and in no way have I ever seen such money asked upfront
08:58 AM on 03/10/12 
User Info.
Skatinbrad
No Avatar Selected
Ocean City, New...
Male - 21 Years Old
I would strongly suggest against this, don't take up offers because it's a 'label', understand what they're offering you and their credibility.
12:29 PM on 03/12/12 
User Info.
gibsonisabull
No Avatar Selected
New York, NY
Male
don't send them any money!
06:52 PM on 03/12/12 
User Info.
rschn360
No Avatar Selected
Male - 27 Years Old
Sounds shady
10:32 PM on 03/12/12 
User Info.
exitunfair
like the clouds bring a darkness
Interesting site... They seem to have no one signed to them at all, and just post news on bands signed to other labels... A little fishy if you ask me.
07:09 AM on 03/16/12 
User Info.
thisisme17
No Avatar Selected
In my experiences and what my professors and passed managers have told me, never pay up front. They get paid based off of what you make (10%-20% average for managers). So what interest do they have in you if money is already being made off of you without them lifting a finger? Generally, if they say that then they aren't interested in developing you, just making a quick buck. Is there a label rep on here that charges a signing fee? I would really like to know why. I think we all would.
Also what ducklights said, a label and manager combo is in fact a conflict of interested. They should be two different business entities. It's just part of the music industry model. If they are both working together and for each other, there might be minimal interest in you again. Its a tricky business. But again this isn't always the case. It works out sometimes.
06:53 PM on 03/16/12 
User Info.
WishYouAway
That website is so ****ing lolworthy. They look like a bunch of "scene" high schoolers who ended up majoring in business in undergrad and thinking that because they went to shows they somehow have been involved in the "industry" for years.
04:29 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah. Stay away from that, period.
02:08 PM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Due to being curious about it, I messaged this "label", and they told me that they are not a record label, never said they were one, and nothing on their website indicated that they are one. They're just a management and marketing company, according to them, so I don't know where you are getting this "label offer" from..
01:01 AM on 04/02/12 
User Info.
WoolSweater
Montclair, NJ
Male - 22 Years Old
how embarassing for you buddy
09:01 AM on 04/04/12 
User Info.
tanzor711
No Avatar Selected
Male - 19 Years Old
that link doesnt seem reliable sorry man
03:12 AM on 04/05/12 
User Info.
AgentOfChaos
Brooklyn, NY
Female
Due to being curious about it, I messaged this "label", and they told me that they are not a record label, never said they were one, and nothing on their website indicated that they are one. They're just a management and marketing company, according to them, so I don't know where you are getting this "label offer" from..

This is without a doubt a scam. To address the quote above, take a look at the "About Us" section of their website: It says outright "Label details – coming in fall of 2011! We will offer extensive distribution and marketing services." So apparently they're talking out of both sides of their mouths, and losing track of which lies they're telling to whom.

At the core though, this is one of the oldest scams in the book, often used to target artists. People use it to scam money from actors, musicians, visual artists, anyone trying to "make it" in their chosen industry... You set up a "business" that promises talent that you'll represent them, find them work, sell their paintings, whatever it is they want to hear, and then say "just fill out this paperwork and pay a small fee. You have to spend money to make money!" I nearly got scammed the exact same way when I was pursuing acting as a career- a fake "talent agency" advertised in the paper that they were looking for new talent, and they had a seminar in a hotel conference room where they talked about their services and how they were going to make us all stars, blah blah blah. The only catch was a fee, probably a couple hundred dollars, that they would supposedly use to create headshots, resumes and register the new actor. I walked out near the end, as dozens of young actors (or their parents) started pulling out their checkbooks. I knew they were going to take their money and run- one of them even tried to stop me and convince me to change my mind as I was leaving, which was totally unprofessional.

Anyway, sorry for the COOL STORY BRO moment, but I just wanted to let you know you're not the first person con artists have tried to pull this on, and you won't be the last. That entire website was set up- sloppily- to try and milk money from musicians. The faux news stories about big time musicians who are in no way related to that company were just swiped off other people's music blogs (http://propertyofzack.com/post/20404...-tour-routing). The generic, cheap graphics were obviously thrown together in a couple minutes.

TL;DR:

Even their cutesy backstory on their "About Us" page should set off warning bells: "'We are here because of the music, we inspire the music. We’re Band Aids.' – Penny Lane... Inspired by Penny Lane from the movie Almost Famous..." = "DUDE, WE'RE GONNA FUCK YOU, AND YOU'RE GONNA END UP CRYING."
12:50 PM on 04/05/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah, I did bring up the point that they had that, and they just bitched me out saying something along the lines of "Well, that was back in 2011, we just never updated the site. Whoever is saying we offered a label is blatantly lying and I would like you to tell us the band who said this. We thought we could do a label at one point a long time ago but realized thats not possible" I just stopped answering at that point before I flipped out on them. I was like why the fuck do you call yourself Band Aid RECORDS then, and update your fucking site if you don't want shit for it.
12:54 PM on 04/05/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Hell, the people who run it look like two 19-year old girls. They're just a bunch of idiots. If you can post random shit about bands that are completely unrelated to your site on a regular basis, how hard is it to erase two sentences from your about us page?
05:23 AM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
trueblues
No Avatar Selected
New...
Male
Sounds like a scam to me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music