Username
Password

08:23 AM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Started some seriously preliminary work on songs and an outline for a musical idea I've had for about 5 years. Working often is nice.
What instruments do you play?
08:25 AM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
Florida
Male - 29 Years Old
Started some seriously preliminary work on songs and an outline for a musical idea I've had for about 5 years. Working often is nice.
I've been tossing the idea of writing a short musical around for a number of years. I'll never get to do it, but it's always there, begging for me to quit everything I'm doing and take that.
08:27 AM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
What instruments do you play?
I've been a pianist for 15 years (piano performance was my major my first year and a half of school), and guitar and percussion for 10, and if you give me a violin or a trumpet, I can feign some skill. I've got much more practice in music than I do film, but I got forced into majoring in it by my mom, and that totally ruined my enjoyment of it for the longest time. I told her if she made me go to school for it, it'd feel like work, and I'd fall out of love with playing, and that's totally what happened. Took me awhile, but I sort of found that passion again over the past 6 months, and I've been playing much more often.
08:28 AM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
I've been tossing the idea of writing a short musical around for a number of years. I'll never get to do it, but it's always there, begging for me to quit everything I'm doing and take that.
The theater, dude. It calls and calls. Something about it just keeps digging at you to work with it until you finally do. I've acted in 7 or 8 musicals throughout high school and college, and they're just so much fun and so addicting. Not to mention that the idea I've had is what I'll revert to when I have writer's block with any other, even more current, idea.
08:37 AM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
I've been a pianist for 15 years (piano performance was my major my first year and a half of school), and guitar and percussion for 10, and if you give me a violin or a trumpet, I can feign some skill. I've got much more practice in music than I do film, but I got forced into majoring in it by my mom, and that totally ruined my enjoyment of it for the longest time. I told her if she made me go to school for it, it'd feel like work, and I'd fall out of love with playing, and that's totally what happened. Took me awhile, but I sort of found that passion again over the past 6 months, and I've been playing much more often.
Haha, that is AWESOME dude. The best part about that is that you can pretty much score your own films if you want to. I play guitar and that's about it. I do tinker around on pianos every now and then, but I've got very little skill on those.
08:40 AM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Haha, that is AWESOME dude. The best part about that is that you can pretty much score your own films if you want to. I play guitar and that's about it. I do tinker around on pianos every now and then, but I've got very little skill on those.
Man, music is brilliant because it's never too late to pick it up. You should definitely try to formally learn piano. It only takes a few lessons before you're able to start working on getting better on your own, and it's a treble and bass clef instrument, so you have a leg up on learning most every other instrument. Plus everything just sounds better on a piano.
08:52 AM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Man, music is brilliant because it's never too late to pick it up. You should definitely try to formally learn piano. It only takes a few lessons before you're able to start working on getting better on your own, and it's a treble and bass clef instrument, so you have a leg up on learning most every other instrument. Plus everything just sounds better on a piano.

Totally, I've always thought about it. I at least understand the idea behind it based on its similarities with the guitar, but I want to just play the shit out of a piano like a boss.
08:54 AM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
Florida
Male - 29 Years Old
The theater, dude. It calls and calls. Something about it just keeps digging at you to work with it until you finally do. I've acted in 7 or 8 musicals throughout high school and college, and they're just so much fun and so addicting. Not to mention that the idea I've had is what I'll revert to when I have writer's block with any other, even more current, idea.
I played in the pit for a few musicals a while back. I've always been into acting, but I've never done theater. The idea of this musical though - this would make me kill someone for a chance to get on stage if it were a real production coming out. It's not the most incredible or original idea, but the way I picture it so far, that's what excites me.
12:54 PM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
started writing and preproduction for the next webseries im gonna do. pretty damn excited for it. i get to focus just on the writing and directing for once, and already have an awesome crew put together. should be a super easy project. hoping for an early summer release.

and one of the episodes is gonna be a musical, so ive been working on those songs this week.
03:09 PM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
pleasedontask
Butter On A Summer Day...
Jacksonville, FL
Male
Everything everyone is doing in here sounds awesome. I just got called back to interview at FSU Film which means I have about a 50/50 chance of getting in, pretty exciting.

Also, was I the only one not impressed with the Yom Kippur short film?
07:01 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
pleasedontask
Butter On A Summer Day...
Jacksonville, FL
Male
And yeah, so I got in. Film School here I come!
07:38 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Congrats!
04:32 PM on 04/03/12 
User Info.
pshh
stop trying so hard
SF/LA
Male - 22 Years Old
hello friends,

here is a trailer to a short film i gripped, we're looking for some crowd funding so take a look any help would be awesome
http://www.indiegogo.com/Miracle-Maker?c=home

as for me, I'm working on a few projects after i get back from spring break and currently writing a feature i can hopefully see made one day. plans for my short fell through,we didn't have the pockets for the vision i have.
08:41 AM on 05/30/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
The Unglamorous, Punishing Hours of Working on a Hollywood Set
04:24 PM on 06/19/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
An excerpt from an upcoming three-part series me and my writing partner are co-writing, co-directing, financing ourselves, and starring in. It's the first truly sizable project the two of us are partaking in, and this is undoubtedly a 'get noticed' moment for both of us. It's a Burn After Reading-style lesson in miscommunication and its working title is How To Make Bad Decisions (With Ken and Chad). Enjoy!

Ken: Alright, first method you think of on how to get rid of a dead body.

Chad: We could always 'Weekend At Bernie's' him. Feign that he's alive, that way when we have guests over, we don't have to discuss the dead elephant in the room.

Ken: Did you even hear my question? That's the opposite of what we want. Not only did you not tell me how to dispose of his body, you gave me a shitty way to try and keep it around.

Chad: Yeah, and you have weak shoulders anyways, it would never work.

I'm aware none of you care about this (yet), but I just thought I'd give an update to a project that I'm immensely excited to watch come to fruition.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos