Username
Password

01:04 AM on 03/23/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
we never go out of style
PA
Male - 26 Years Old

New Ascend the Hill single, "So Good To Us," is up on their site for stream and download.

At first listen, the song is much better than anything else I've heard from them before. Hard to explain why, since it's not a dramatic reinvention or anything. They just seem to be doing what they do generally better. Has a nice groove to it. I'm pumped to hear the song(s?) with Dustin Kensrue.
01:08 AM on 03/23/12 
User Info.
karadotcollett
altmusiclife.tumblr.com
Atlanta, GA
Female - 22 Years Old
vocals sound similar to Balance & Composure but less minor-y if that makes any sense
06:51 AM on 03/23/12 
User Info.
Troggy
Basking in Wrongness
No Avatar Selected
Dead Poetic wouldn't rank that high on my Tooth and Nail list, lol. That would go to mewithoutYou, Starflyer 59, Joy Electric, Project 86, He is Legend, etc. Guess nostalgia is mighty strong though. Same reason I adore Haste the Day.

Yeah makes sense. The Dead Poetic record is just really hooky and I can rock out to it once in a while. I wasn't considering mewithoutYou, I do like them. I'm actually listening to Brother, Sister now for the first time in a year or two...I could never really get into it like I got into Foxes, but I'm enjoying it today. I had a Haste the Day CD, but they weren't one of the ones I stuck with. The song 'Substance' is pretty cool...I do like their first CD, 'That They May Know You'.
09:14 AM on 03/23/12 
User Info.
MindtheGetz
Columbus, OH
Male - 25 Years Old
Yeah makes sense. The Dead Poetic record is just really hooky and I can rock out to it once in a while. I wasn't considering mewithoutYou, I do like them. I'm actually listening to Brother, Sister now for the first time in a year or two...I could never really get into it like I got into Foxes, but I'm enjoying it today. I had a Haste the Day CD, but they weren't one of the ones I stuck with. The song 'Substance' is pretty cool...I do like their first CD, 'That They May Know You'.

Which DP record? My apologies if you already answered this question, too lazy to go thru 90+ pages...I have Vices, and while it isn't my fav thing ever, its fun. And of course "New Medicines" and "Bury the Difference" were strong singles.
09:19 AM on 03/23/12 
User Info.
Troggy
Basking in Wrongness
No Avatar Selected
Which DP record? My apologies if you already answered this question, too lazy to go thru 90+ pages...I have Vices, and while it isn't my fav thing ever, its fun. And of course "New Medicines" and "Bury the Difference" were strong singles.

I was talking about New Medicines.
04:19 PM on 03/23/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Advent is awesome, so heavy. I saw them at RevGen a few years ago and it really made me want to move. Sleeping Giant (in my eyes) totally blows, so boring.. I always see people linking that video of a bunch of dudes jumping around with a simple tom beat, and both guitarists just hitting the open chord over and over while yelling something like "This is Jesus' day!" It made me cringe. It also seemed like an Elevation Worship/Jesus Culture video but with hardcore dudes.

Also Dead Poetic used to be one of my favorites, totally forgot about them.
I guess this is why I love them, or at least used to. /shrug

New Ascend the Hill single, "So Good To Us," is up on their site for stream and download.

At first listen, the song is much better than anything else I've heard from them before. Hard to explain why, since it's not a dramatic reinvention or anything. They just seem to be doing what they do generally better. Has a nice groove to it. I'm pumped to hear the song(s?) with Dustin Kensrue.

Saw this on fb. I'm stoked to check this out later!
04:51 AM on 03/24/12 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 25 Years Old
Just checking no one missed my recommendation of The Walking Tree. Really think some of you guys will really, really like this. And it's free on C&L!

I'm really enjoying it!

Loving the song. Sounds slightly different but loved the end with multiple vocals, great worship track, really solid lyrics! I love Ascend the Hill!
06:52 AM on 03/24/12 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Just checking no one missed my recommendation of The Walking Tree. Really think some of you guys will really, really like this. And it's free on C&L!

I'm really enjoying it!

Loving the song. Sounds slightly different but loved the end with multiple vocals, great worship track, really solid lyrics! I love Ascend the Hill!

I don't know about it. I think I need to hear within the full scope of the album.
07:11 AM on 03/24/12 
User Info.
Sakarazu
Just a little nervous from the fall
Boston
Male - 18 Years Old
I'm seeing The Walking Tree next saturday!

Elotheos & LIYW are my favorites. Elotheos is an amazing local from CT that broke up like 3 years ago and I only got to see them once. Them playing this show is my favorite thing that has happened all year.
01:53 PM on 03/24/12 
User Info.
Kyleeee
Twang
Male - 22 Years Old
That Ascend the Hill song sounds good, I liked the Balance and Composure comparison. It's a little less driving, but it has the same feel, except it's worship music, which I oddly don't really have a problem with.
07:41 PM on 03/25/12 
User Info.
bballpro408
No Avatar Selected
Male - 25 Years Old
Holding Onto Hope is on "hiatus" for what seems like its entirely financial reasons. They said they got screwed but wouldn't go into details. I really hope it's not from the Come&Live side of things. Anyone hear anything?
11:19 PM on 03/25/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
we never go out of style
PA
Male - 26 Years Old
That Ascend the Hill song sounds good, I liked the Balance and Composure comparison. It's a little less driving, but it has the same feel, except it's worship music, which I oddly don't really have a problem with.

Just out of curiosity, what are your current views on G-d, faith, the world, etc.? Sorry if that's too personal! You can plead the fifth if you want, lol. I was just wondering because you post a lot in here, but subtle things in your posts make me wonder if you don't believe, or if you're just a believer who isn't particularly into a lot of popular Christian culture.
11:36 PM on 03/25/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
we never go out of style
PA
Male - 26 Years Old
In other news, TobyMac's new remix album, Dubbed & Freq'd, is out now. It contains tracks from Portable Sounds and Tonight.

As much of a Toby fanboy as I am, I can't picture myself buying this. His remix releases are always hit-and-miss, and the iTunes previews haven't proved otherwise yet. Also not crazy about the song choices. "Captured" and "Start Somewhere" wouldn't be my first picks for Tonight album cuts. Would be much more into "Changed Forever." I will stream this on Spotify when I get the chance and see if any individual tracks are worth snagging (for that painful $1.29 a pop), though.

More than anything, these previews reminded me of recent Toby's strengths and weaknesses. As cool as the electronic touch was on parts of Tonight, I hope his new studio album later this year brings back some of Portable Sounds' organic feel, not to mention stronger songwriting. That thing is modern pop perfection, I'd even say on par with much of dc Talk's catalogue.
12:10 AM on 03/26/12 
User Info.
Kyleeee
Twang
Male - 22 Years Old
Just out of curiosity, what are your current views on G-d, faith, the world, etc.? Sorry if that's too personal! You can plead the fifth if you want, lol. I was just wondering because you post a lot in here, but subtle things in your posts make me wonder if you don't believe, or if you're just a believer who isn't particularly into a lot of popular Christian culture.

I'm more cynical than I should be but yea, I'm definitely a Christian. So second option seems best. I think I've PMed you before about evolution and Christianity.

I'm definitely more liberal than most Christians too I feel, but I still try to live by Biblical doctrine, if that makes any sense.
01:44 AM on 03/26/12 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 25 Years Old
Holding Onto Hope is on "hiatus" for what seems like its entirely financial reasons. They said they got screwed but wouldn't go into details. I really hope it's not from the Come&Live side of things. Anyone hear anything?
I honestly believe it wouldn't be on the C&L! side. They're don't work for profit and as far as I know they put any money in or take any money out. I'm imagining it will be on the side of the studio or the printing of CDs. But I have no idea and could be wrong. Just speculating from what I know about the heart of C&L!.

Edit: They've been posting the link to the free download on the C&L! page. If they were being ripped off by C&L! they wouldn't do that nor would they be promoting the free download.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos