AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:56 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Ontario
Male - 23 Years Old
Not exactly sure how Leangains works, but I was always told eating frequent smaller meals is better?

In general I could care less about eating/dieting strategies though. I just try to eat healthy and let exercise deal with the rest.
08:38 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 25 Years Old
Leangains isn't even a true fast. Martin clearly states that you need to eat, and eat big when you do.

And Leangain also doesn't boost any sort of "fast to detox your body" bullshit.
well you originally said fasting in all shapes and forms is bullshit. leangains is obviously fasting with a twist. the 16 hour window of fasting is just as important as the 8 hour feeding period. just clarifying.

Not exactly sure how Leangains works, but I was always told eating frequent smaller meals is better?

In general I could care less about eating/dieting strategies though. I just try to eat healthy and let exercise deal with the rest.
the small, frequent meals ideology is just popular, not necessarily better. dieting is also arguably much more important than exercise.
08:49 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Ontario
Male - 23 Years Old
the small, frequent meals ideology is just popular, not necessarily better. dieting is also arguably much more important than exercise.

When it comes to gaining 'lean muscle' you mean? Surely not when it comes to overall health.
09:15 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 25 Years Old
When it comes to gaining 'lean muscle' you mean? Surely not when it comes to overall health.
both really. too many people think that because they get their exercise in, their diet can simply be a lower priority. i personally disagree with that sentiment. if you're not eating right, you can do all the cardio and exercise you want, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're healthy. same goes for just eating right and not exercising.
09:25 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
GrantCloud
Minneapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
anyone have any insight on taking pre-workout supplements?

i have been taking "ravage" for about the past three weeks, and i lift about 5-6 days a week, besides the relatively bad taste it has it really works in giving me extra energy through my reps.

so im just curious if anyone else has any experience taking any as well.
09:36 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 25 Years Old
anyone have any insight on taking pre-workout supplements?

i have been taking "ravage" for about the past three weeks, and i lift about 5-6 days a week, besides the relatively bad taste it has it really works in giving me extra energy through my reps.

so im just curious if anyone else has any experience taking any as well.
i've found white flood by controlled labs to be the best pre-workout supplement that i've used. i've also tried assault by muscle pharm which i recommend second after white flood. both were a cherry flavor and tasted great. gave me an awesome focus and energy for my workout.

i know some people that swear by hemo rage, but i literally felt nothing when i used it.

jack3d is really popular as well, but i'm not a very big fan of it myself. it was great when it first came out about two years ago, but they've changed the forumla up a lot since then and it's just not as good as it used to be.

i can elaborate more if you'd like, but those are my thoughts on pre-workout supps.
02:12 PM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Ontario
Male - 23 Years Old
both really. too many people think that because they get their exercise in, their diet can simply be a lower priority. i personally disagree with that sentiment. if you're not eating right, you can do all the cardio and exercise you want, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're healthy. same goes for just eating right and not exercising.

Oh, I didn't mean not eating healthy. I meant not straying from normal eating practices, like 'three meals a day with snacks in between'.
06:12 PM on 03/04/12 
User Info.
imirish06
Adam.
PA
Male - 30 Years Old
well you originally said fasting in all shapes and forms is bullshit. leangains is obviously fasting with a twist. the 16 hour window of fasting is just as important as the 8 hour feeding period. just clarifying.

not knocking leangains, but it wasn't the detoxing/fasting bs I was getting at.

It's very controlled and relies heavily on you making sure you do stuff to starve of muscle loss like BCAAs and what not. Regardless, I've tried leangains because it shit on everything I've ever learned in school and from experience.

I don't think it works better than the typical 6 meal ideology but what I do understand is that it does prove a lot of theories wrong, and the 6 meal a day thing isn't the only way to get a good body.

Me personally, I hated doing it. Between the type of workouts I was doing and my job, my body just wasn't holding up to going that long without eating.

I'm a huge proponent of nutrition. It is the make all or break all as far as muscle gain and fat loss and overall well being in general.

My body just reacts better to the normal eating habits.
06:58 PM on 03/04/12 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 25 Years Old
not knocking leangains, but it wasn't the detoxing/fasting bs I was getting at.

It's very controlled and relies heavily on you making sure you do stuff to starve of muscle loss like BCAAs and what not. Regardless, I've tried leangains because it shit on everything I've ever learned in school and from experience.

I don't think it works better than the typical 6 meal ideology but what I do understand is that it does prove a lot of theories wrong, and the 6 meal a day thing isn't the only way to get a good body.

Me personally, I hated doing it. Between the type of workouts I was doing and my job, my body just wasn't holding up to going that long without eating.

I'm a huge proponent of nutrition. It is the make all or break all as far as muscle gain and fat loss and overall well being in general.

My body just reacts better to the normal eating habits.
yup. different things work for different people. i do it for convenience. it's much easier for me to just have 2-3 big meals a day then have to worry about getting my next meal in while i'm at work.

it's been doing wonders for me thus far, but like you said, everyone's body reacts to things differently.
08:18 PM on 03/04/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
Anyone ever used Herbalife's Prolong? I usually don't take anything other than a protein shake but I tried my roommate's Prolong stuff and it worked better than anything I've ever had. It's a during workout type thing, basically just a ton of Vitamin B to keep you going. I usually play basketball to do cardio OR workout, but the first time I tried it I went through my workout, wasn't tired, went and played basketball, then came back and worked out a little more.

I'm not a big fan of pre-workouts so I figured I'd give that stuff a shot and it almost worked a little too well. ha I wanted to be done at a certain point but I still had energy like I had just walked in. Took a little less the next time and it was great. I'll probably get my own here pretty soon, I'd definitely check it out if you've been feeling burnt out in the gym.
12:54 AM on 03/15/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 23 Years Old
Anybody here eat raw egg whites?
09:08 AM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 28 Years Old
Anybody here eat raw egg whites?
was considering it but likely not. Speaking of protein intake, share average daily protein intake from shakes/whites alone?

I think I take in about 60-80 grams on average. Slightly less on off days.
09:38 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
josephw002
No Avatar Selected
bmw
Male - 34 Years Old
and mix up your cardio. run, bike, stairs, rowing, just constantly rotating so that your entire body gets a workout.
12:14 PM on 04/11/12 
User Info.
yeknom
CEO/Webmaster
Charlotte, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
I haven't read through all of this, but if anyone has any insight...

I'm pretty thin, about 6'1, 170. I play basketball and soccer weekly, but I'd like to work out a bit more and add some muscle (tone mostly, not builder shit). I've sporadically done simple pushup/situp workouts, and I'm thin enough I see results fairly quickly. Do i have to join a gym to see real results? Any routine recs? I should probably eat better too.
08:15 PM on 04/16/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
The Low-Cal Calzone Zone
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Can anyone give advice for dropping 10-15 lbs relatively quickly yet in a healthy manner?

I'm 5'8 and weigh about 165...so I'm not THAT overweight but I'd like to slim down a bit. I just started going to the gym two weeks ago and I've been going 5 times a week during those two weeks. I do 15-20 mins of cardio then lift some weights.

I'm looking for a more efficient use of my gym time so I can achieve some results. I also know eating better is equally important.

Thanks

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version