Username
Password

08:38 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
josephw002
No Avatar Selected
bmw
Male - 34 Years Old
and mix up your cardio. run, bike, stairs, rowing, just constantly rotating so that your entire body gets a workout.
11:14 AM on 04/11/12 
User Info.
yeknom
CEO/Webmaster
rockton, IL
Male - 29 Years Old
I haven't read through all of this, but if anyone has any insight...

I'm pretty thin, about 6'1, 170. I play basketball and soccer weekly, but I'd like to work out a bit more and add some muscle (tone mostly, not builder shit). I've sporadically done simple pushup/situp workouts, and I'm thin enough I see results fairly quickly. Do i have to join a gym to see real results? Any routine recs? I should probably eat better too.
07:15 PM on 04/16/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Can anyone give advice for dropping 10-15 lbs relatively quickly yet in a healthy manner?

I'm 5'8 and weigh about 165...so I'm not THAT overweight but I'd like to slim down a bit. I just started going to the gym two weeks ago and I've been going 5 times a week during those two weeks. I do 15-20 mins of cardio then lift some weights.

I'm looking for a more efficient use of my gym time so I can achieve some results. I also know eating better is equally important.

Thanks
12:09 PM on 04/17/12 
User Info.
dave900
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
I was at the gym the other day and i saw this, and thought this was pretty funny

07:52 PM on 04/17/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
Can anyone give advice for dropping 10-15 lbs relatively quickly yet in a healthy manner?

I'm 5'8 and weigh about 165...so I'm not THAT overweight but I'd like to slim down a bit. I just started going to the gym two weeks ago and I've been going 5 times a week during those two weeks. I do 15-20 mins of cardio then lift some weights.

I'm looking for a more efficient use of my gym time so I can achieve some results. I also know eating better is equally important.

Thanks
a slightly more regimented system would help as in...day 1 - chest day 2 - back/biceps day 3 - triceps day 4 - circuit training or just cardio day 5 - abs. If you have the time, it's said that 45 minutes of cardio is the minimum needed to see effects for weight loss. It depends on how you do your cardio though.You want to split your workouts 50-50 though so that would entail another 45 minutes of weight training.
05:05 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Jake Denning
Corvallis, OR
Male - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
Yo! I'm going to highlight this thread more often; i'm starting a new series that I hope takes off -- Gym Playlists.

Here's my schedule:

M/W/F -- Upper Body
T/TH -- Lower Body
Weekend -- OFF

GNC Mega Men Multi-Vitamin
GNC Wheybolic 60 Protein
CLA
Kre-Alkalyn
01:58 PM on 04/22/12 
User Info.
imirish06
Adam.
PA
Male - 30 Years Old
Anyone in PA doing Tough Mudder or Spartan race this year?
02:23 PM on 04/22/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
Yo! I'm going to highlight this thread more often; i'm starting a new series that I hope takes off -- Gym Playlists.

Here's my schedule:

M/W/F -- Upper Body
T/TH -- Lower Body
Weekend -- OFF

GNC Mega Men Multi-Vitamin
GNC Wheybolic 60 Protein
CLA
Kre-Alkalyn
care to provide some rationale for your supplements? I'm not criticizing, I just never fully understand why people take the supplements they do and if I should incorporate.
09:48 PM on 05/03/12 
User Info.
GrantCloud
Minneapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
first week of the month = best week of the month.

20% off at GNC!
12:23 PM on 05/04/12 
User Info.
mr. man
Male - 32 Years Old
i've been a heavy lifter for quite some time (3-4 years). I've always had great results (i'm about 6'3, 215, bench max around 275). Pretty happy with my build but need to do more cardio.

anyway, that was a ramble, my main question is does anyone think taking anything other than a multivitamin and whey protein is important? i've taken creatine before and really felt no results from it. Just wondering people's thoughts on pre-workout mixes, etc.
05:04 PM on 05/18/12 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
So I'm about 185 right now. I don't have a lot of fat except for some around my lower stomach. My plan is to do about a month of cardio to get down to about 170-175 and then start a serious muscle building regimen. I have been told recently that as I build muscle it will burn away the excess fat...not sure the validity of that statement but I have heard/read it in several places. My question is...should I skip the cardio portion and start my muscle building regimen now and rely on that to burn the excess fat away?
05:20 PM on 05/18/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
I say unless you're a competitive athlete following a very specific training program, doing both cardio and muscle building at the same time is the best option. Most people just do their weight lifting and then just do as much cardio as they feel like/ as they're capable of, at the end. Of course, it's best to do abs even after that, if you're going to do abs.
02:13 PM on 05/22/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
Is Nitro-Tech a good brand of whey?
10:53 AM on 05/25/12 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 25 Years Old
Is Nitro-Tech a good brand of whey?
only experience with protein is ON gold standard whey. very good flavor/mixability. don't use protein shakes that much anymore though.

apparently trutein is absolutely delicious as well if you're looking for something that has good flavors.
01:53 PM on 05/25/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
only experience with protein is ON gold standard whey. very good flavor/mixability. don't use protein shakes that much anymore though.

apparently trutein is absolutely delicious as well if you're looking for something that has good flavors.

Know anything about Hardcore Pro series? So far I've only got my friends' input on it and he says its pretty good, a little on the expensive side but still good.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos