Username
Password
Canada News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Canada
Inside AP.net

Canadian Music Round-Up (04/15/12)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (04/15/12)
Head to the replies to read this week's Canadian Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
09:37 AM on 04/15/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Canadian Music Round-UpCancer Bats Talk To Us About Their New Record / We Review Dead Set On Living / Listen To a Stream Here

Comeback Kid Will Start Writing New Music This Summer / Jeremy Hiebert Hints That Stu Ross Will Become a Permanent Member

Dallas Green Gets Into an Altercation at a Jays Game

Dan Mangan's Music Video For "Post-War Blues"

Feist's Music Video for "Bittersweet Melodies"

The Flatliners
Kicked Off Their Canadian Tour With Waster This Week and We Reviewed the Winnipeg Show

Living With Lions Reunite With Original Vocalist Matt Postal

Marianas Trench Postpone US Tour Dates

Moneen Announce That Saves The Day's Chris Conley Will Headline Their Acoustic Set in Toronto

Our Lady Peace Gives Us a Featured Stream of Curve

Shreddy Krueger
Post Their Debut Single

Teddy Joe Jr. Streams Two Songs

The Weeknd Announces North American Tour Dates

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you’d like to submit Canadian news to AbsolutePunk.net, email me at deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net or send me a PM with “Canadian Round-Up” in the subject line. I don't check the news queue often so that's probably the best way if you want to guarantee I'll see it.
09:41 AM on 04/15/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Lots of good tours coming though western Canada this week! Definitely go see The Flatliners because they rule. Manitoba and Alberta will be getting shows from Enter Shikari, At The Skylines and letlive. Fake History rules and who knows the next time they'll come back so show your support. Lastly, Joel Plaskett's tour just kicked off in BC and Frank Turner will be meeting up with him in Alberta. If you're in Winnipeg, Frank will also be playing a special set at the Winnipeg Folk Festival Music Store to celebrate Record Store Day.

Also, the CBC budget cuts continued to make a lot of news this week. Not sure if anyone else is interested, but figured I'd mention it here anyway. They definitely have an impact on the music scene up here.

EDIT: Never mind, letlive. won't be in Winnipeg tonight. So bummed.
05:38 PM on 04/15/12
sixmillionways
Ima live 4eva if the good die young
User Info.
im just super pumped that i got tickets to see brand new in saskatoon
05:41 PM on 04/15/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
im just super pumped that i got tickets to see brand new in saskatoon

Yeah, I can't wait for those shows in August! So happy that Brand New is coming back.
10:34 PM on 04/15/12
Cøltøn
User Info.
Lots of good tours coming though western Canada this week! Definitely go see The Flatliners because they rule. Manitoba and Alberta will be getting shows from Enter Shikari, At The Skylines and letlive. Fake History rules and who knows the next time they'll come back so show your support. Lastly, Joel Plaskett's tour just kicked off in BC and Frank Turner will be meeting up with him in Alberta. If you're in Winnipeg, Frank will also be playing a special set at the Winnipeg Folk Festival Music Store to celebrate Record Store Day.

Also, the CBC budget cuts continued to make a lot of news this week. Not sure if anyone else is interested, but figured I'd mention it here anyway. They definitely have an impact on the music scene up here.

EDIT: Never mind, letlive. won't be in Winnipeg tonight. So bummed.
I can't believe letlive. couldn't make it. Heartbroken.
08:50 AM on 04/16/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I can't believe letlive. couldn't make it. Heartbroken.

I'm heartbroken too, I really hope they intend on rescheduling. They got across the border in Toronto so at least it wasn't customs issues I hope...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests