AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Academy Is News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

William Beckett To Release Three EPs This Year

Posted by - 02:07 PM on 04/20/12
William Beckett will be releasing three solo EPs this year (including Walk The Talk).
From the InterviewAbsolutely. Iíve probably written over a hundred songs with my band and with Mike in an exclusive sense. Things werenít always fun. It wasnít always a positive experience. There were times where we would finish songs and we wouldnít even speak to each other. Most of our second record is about that. About the inner band tension and me being uncomfortable. And my anxiety as a result of that. Not since the first record have I fully been able to be myself and be honest and genuine fully with every aspect of my life. When you are on a team you have to consider everyoneís strengths and weaknesses and tastes and needs and wants. Which I feel like, when it comes to art, it can work. But I feel like a lot of times when compromise is put into the equation, when it comes to art and music, the vision can get muddled and watered down and disingenuous at some point. For me, I was unwilling to let it get to that point with the band because I respect so deeply what we accomplished and respect so deeply our fans. And myself as well. To the point where I wouldnít want to fake it just to put another record out. So it really came down to necessity for me to be able to do it on my own. For us all to be able to look at what we accomplished, untarnished, and with respect and love.
As an artist, it must be difficult to compromise in ways that you might not see are for the better. Or ways that you could see diminish your art or make you unhappy. So has this just been really liberating for you?

Absolutely. Iíve never been happier in my life. That being said, Iíve never been through harder times as well. But in that, being able to purely look at my life through pure, honest eyes and perspective, Iím able to experience the highs and lows in a way that I have never understood before. I generally just have a more positive outlook on life and what I do. Through a more empowered perspective than I have ever had in the past. Itís great to know that win, lose or draw, Iím going at one hundred miles an hour with my own vision uncompromised. The way that I see it and the way that I envisioned everything. Iíd rather win that way than win as a cheater. Iíd rather hit forty home runs and not sixty but be on the juice.

Submitted by zack-182

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
02:17 PM on 04/20/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
That sounds pretty cool--the more music the better.
02:20 PM on 04/20/12
Gin
What'd those animals say to ya?
User Info.
I like the first 3 songs of his first solo EP, so I'm definitely interested in more music.
02:51 PM on 04/20/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Chat in General, ya know... if you're into that

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2672532
08:11 PM on 04/20/12
quickandsilver
User Info.
Either thus dude was creating music with the wrong people the whole time, or he just has the "rock star" attitued. Being in the a band IS all about compromise, thats's what it is and always should be about.
08:33 PM on 04/20/12
InfiniteArms
Let me be your superhero
User Info.
I'm listening to the first EP for the first time right now, and I gotta say, I'm pretty excited for another two.
12:43 AM on 04/21/12
guill89
The Proud, The Loud, The Many
User Info.
Color me excited for sure.
01:10 AM on 04/21/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
'm very enticed at this news
12:16 PM on 04/21/12
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
Wewt.
12:34 PM on 04/21/12
CaryGrant
The Romantic Egoist
User Info.
We got any Remember Maine fans in the house?
03:10 PM on 04/21/12
mkohler
No family is safe when I sashay.
User Info.
We got any Remember Maine fans in the house?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos