Username
Password

11:54 PM on 04/26/12 
User Info.
Taniam
a simpleplan for some newfoundglory
Maryville, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm in a pop-punk band, and we want to start performing live with a click. We already practice and record(obviously) with it, so the simple fact of playing with it isn't really an issue. We all actually prefer to play with it at this point as playing without it feels not as tight. So i guess my question is what is the best way to go about it live. We were thinking of just using an mp3 player make the clicks for all the songs as an album in the order of our setlist and then just have the drummer click next on the mp3 player to go to each song. Is that the best way, or is the another solution. Any other related questions or comments would be greatly appreciated!
08:28 AM on 04/27/12 
User Info.
SwertsOnALog
Jump Jump
Ohio
Male - 25 Years Old
Our tracks have the click playing out of the right side and the backtrack playing out of the left. We plug our ipod with the tracks into a 2 channel mixer and the drummer plugs his inear monitors into the right-out and the house DI-box into the left.

If you dont use any backtracks and want it only for the click for the drummer, i'd just say go with your first idea. Make the clicks and just have the drummer play straight off the mp3 player.
09:05 AM on 04/27/12 
User Info.
Taniam
a simpleplan for some newfoundglory
Maryville, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
Thanks man! Yeah we don't have any backtracks so I think we are just going to do that and play straight from the mp3 player.
06:18 PM on 04/27/12 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 20 Years Old
If you can, get yourselves a DAW and put in tracks for each song you play. Bounce the backing tracks with their click and put them into the project. Run your laptop through a DI or whatever and you're good to go!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets