Password
This Thread is Closed.

09:08 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
atainder
freaks r revolutionaries r freaks
Pocatello, ID
Male - 27 Years Old
Not sure if this was posted yet. This is what we deal with as soccer fans in the States.
http://deadspin.com/5906430/id-rathe...ium=socialflow

A few of those were so stupid I lol'd.
09:10 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire

yep.
09:11 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
Keri
Can't believe I actually read through all the tweets of those morons complaining about soccer. Awful.
09:42 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
mattmatumbo
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Salt Lake, UT
Male - 25 Years Old
That's what I assume most people say when they don't have people around them playing or watching. I wonder what they'd say to that figure of 650million-ish viewers watching that game.

Edit: playing or watching soccer.
09:58 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
Not sure if this was posted yet. This is what we deal with as soccer fans in the States.
http://deadspin.com/5906430/id-rathe...ium=socialflow
6 years ago I used to be one of those guys. then I was enlightened by this man

10:04 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
tomorrow:
KKK-Clint Dempsey's
Michael Bradley's-AS Roma
Napoli-Palermo Derby Della Mafioso
10:05 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
atainder
Pocatello, ID
Male - 27 Years Old
I voted for Avila in the GOTW poll. Steele's goal didn't even make it haha. A lot of great goals to start the season.
10:14 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
atainder
Pocatello, ID
Male - 27 Years Old
So much Lion King hate on SBI. All of them, fools!
10:49 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
That's what I assume most people say when they don't have people around them playing or watching. I wonder what they'd say to that figure of 650million-ish viewers watching that game.

Edit: playing or watching soccer.

I feel so lucky to have stumbled upon soccer because nobody around me played, watched, or gave a shit about the sport. Thank god for John Henry because without him I would have never given the sport a chance
10:49 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
6 years ago I used to be one of those guys. then I was enlightened by this man

Weren't you formerly a huge NBA guy or am I thinking about someone else?
10:58 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
Weren't you formerly a huge NBA guy or am I thinking about someone else?
yeah I was a huge NBA/MLB guy. Still follow both sports pretty regularly, but baseball got too advanced for me. I understood basic saber-metrics, and I was huge on prospects, but then more of those algorithms shits popped up so I stopped posting a lot in the mlb thread. Watching different soccer games in different leagues 'errry day > baseball math.
11:02 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
eh Boise State dudes, wtf is going to happen to your other sports now, now that the WAC has essentially imploded
11:10 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
yeah I was a huge NBA/MLB guy. Still follow both sports pretty regularly, but baseball got too advanced for me. I understood basic saber-metrics, and I was huge on prospects, but then more of those algorithms shits popped up so I stopped posting a lot in the mlb thread. Watching different soccer games in different leagues 'errry day > baseball math.

Yeah I hear you. I watch a lot of baseball but I dont care about all those advanced stats. I hope they never end up mainstream in soccer. I wish more games were played during the week, I end up missing a ton of games on Saturdays and Sunday's
11:13 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
maknj
No Avatar Selected
Bloomsburg, Pa
Male - 23 Years Old
I think, and this is just my very strong personal opinion. But you should definitely give MLS another real chance. It's not too late to get started this season as we're still less than 10 games in. And this is seriously one of the best places for you to really be pointed in the right direction and to ask questions about the league and its players and all that good stuff. I'll never understand how a music website like this has such awesome MLS supporters in it. Everyone is chill and as long as you give it your best shot, I can respect that.

I feel like if you give it a shot and ask questions and really get to know the ins and outs of MLS, it's IMPOSSIBLE not to like.

Edit: this is for new guy. It'll probably be 12 pages back by the morning.

Interesting how you brought up the music idea.

Being a Red Bull Supporter I know that some former members of the ESC started up the GSS (another supporters section) and they're big into the punk/hardcore NYC scene. I know I listen to a lot of hardcore as well. I know throughout Italy they also have supporters who's cultures are involved in music.
11:31 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
So I'll have Internet again this weekend, so what MLS games could be interesting to watch? I'm thinking I'll watch the RSL game Saturday for Beckerman but I haven't paid much attention to the standings so there could be an exciting match I'm overlooking

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos