AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:47 AM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
winnebago
No Avatar Selected
Male - 31 Years Old
Anybody see this yet? Looks like it could be pretty funny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHkO2Ordhwk
02:58 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
lol yeah that shit was terrible, some of the worst cgi i've ever seen

how is it that jurassic park looks so real and twenty years later they're barely catching up?
It's definitely not the best, but I didn't hold it against them too much. It's a very VFX-heavy movie with a 3D post-conversion under a $150 million budget. The initial script for the movie would've called for a $300 million budget, so, with script re-tooling, I'm sure the really had to stretch that budget. Regardless, it wasn't a perfect movie, but it was definitely a worthy adaptation IMO.

On another note, Jurassic Park is just astounding. haha Granted they do a lot of animatronics, but it's mindblowing for early-90s work.
05:01 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
livethesounds
There is no try
San Antonio, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
lol is there such thing as a CGI elitist? I loved the visuals in Thor. It was one of my favorite Marvel movies. I don't really care how it stacks up to other movies.
I'm absolutely baffled that Jason didn't hate the Avengers. Going by that alone would make it the best marvel movie ever for me.
07:38 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
mr. man
Male - 32 Years Old
Love the discussion on the last few pages...I think Spiderman 3 is far worse than Thor though (not saying Thor is a masterpiece or anything).
10:21 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
outsidethemind
fuck what you think you know
Thor wasn't great. I agree that the CGI was pretty bad (though more just lazy than Spider-Man trilogy levels of suck). I thought Hemsworth was perfect for the role though, and the scenes with the frost giants were cool.
10:24 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
lol is there such thing as a CGI elitist? I loved the visuals in Thor. It was one of my favorite Marvel movies.

I liked Thor a lot though it did have its issues, but the visuals certainly weren't one of them. The CGI wasn't the best out there but it did the job just fine. I loved how Asgard looked.

My big problem with Thor was that the love story felt very rushed and silly. An extra 10-15 minutes of real character development on Earth would have fleshed the movie out much better.
01:41 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
Male - 27 Years Old
holy fuck i cant believe how much i enjoyed this movie.
02:23 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
I liked Thor a lot though it did have its issues, but the visuals certainly weren't one of them. The CGI wasn't the best out there but it did the job just fine. I loved how Asgard looked.

My big problem with Thor was that the love story felt very rushed and silly. An extra 10-15 minutes of real character development on Earth would have fleshed the movie out much better.

Yeah I thought Asgard's look was one of the best parts of the movie
04:15 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
colorlesscliche
you talk too much.
Maryland
Male - 28 Years Old

I know someone that doesn't like CGI, so I know that doesn't look good.
04:32 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Maxwell
awefaeeeeeeef
wales
Male - 26 Years Old
hahaha
07:41 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I agree. I might go pick up the Blu-Ray later today to see what they cut in deleted scenes, but, as a whole, I thought the pacing was pretty solid on the movie. As for the effects, I'm sure the sequel will look sleeker with a bigger budget. Should be interesting to see how much it gets for a budget though. Iron Man did a little over $100 million more than Thor, and its sequel got a $200 million budget. Oddly enough, Thor actually had a bigger international take than Iron Man. Either way, the success of The Avengers will benefit all of these franchises.
09:26 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
By the way, we now have confirmation that the US release of the movie is getting an extra bonus scene that will appear after the credits. This is in addition than the one that appears in the middle of the credits that was attached to the international release.

I think I might be bailing out of the Internet for the next two days so I'm not spoiled on anything before tomorrow night,
11:25 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
So excited for the midnight show tomorrow! Whoooo
01:17 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
WordzandDreamz
and a million screams...
Columbia, MD
Male - 31 Years Old
Just got done watching it. Fucking awesome
01:29 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
Perry Hall, MD
Male - 30 Years Old
Doin the Avengers marathon at AMC tomorrow...missing a half day's pay for this so it better be worth it!!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos