AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:07 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
reed63
Northvale
Male - 18 Years Old
Im only 15 but Almost all of the gigs I played when I was with my last band doomsday diaries were either high profile or headliners at venues... play all the shows you could get. I would stay away from pay to play.... I would play shows that encourage you to sell tickets because you make at least a little something, on the other hand it shows the bands and promoters that you can sell tix and bring people. If you have anymore questions I'm always open for discussion! 2019213057
02:08 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
what i've done in the past is i look at local venues calendars for the upcoming months, and if there's a semi-big band coming through that i think my band would fit well with, i e-mail the venue and ask if they need local openers. doing it this way, i've gotten on shows with Youth Group, Neon Trees, Innerpartysystem, Company of Thieves, and one or two more that aren't coming to mind at the moment.
06:33 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Ryan Frant
http://www.facebook.com/OneGirlArmy
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah my bands hoping to do the same this year, so far we've just been cruising along taking gigs as they come but we're getting tired of playing in our hometown (which has no punk scene at all) so we've been makign connections with other bands with our same sound through facebook and that and hoping to travel down to thee other states whenever we can.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos