Username
Password

08:51 AM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
Buffalo, NY
Female - 20 Years Old
I think the worst gifts are the ones my aunt sends me. She's a sweetie, but she thinks I'm an XXL (I'm usually a medium or small) in shirts and sends me them with no gift receipt. Or the time my friend gave me a container of sprinkles because he forgot it was my birthday..

The best gift was from my dad. On my sixteenth birthday, he said that the first piece of real jewelry a girl gets should be from her dad because he's the one guy that's always there for her and got me a garnet heart necklace.
09:49 AM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
brokenmixtape
Stay what you are
Not for me, but one year my grandma got my brother Power Rangers pencils (and can't remember the other gift). He was in 7th grade around this time. He wasn't into Power Rangers...
11:54 AM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
Alison1488
____
Female - 25 Years Old
The best gift was from my dad. On my sixteenth birthday, he said that the first piece of real jewelry a girl gets should be from her dad because he's the one guy that's always there for her and got me a garnet heart necklace.

I absolutely love that! And come to think of it, my first real jewelry came from my parents on my 16th birthday. Diamond earrings.
11:55 AM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
RyBall
www.ryball.com
Dayton, OH
Male
My girlfriend got me a "Ticket Stub Diary" this past Christmas; I have A LOT of movie ticket stubs collected from the past few years. I am obsessed with this gift, and I am going to be putting The Avengers stub in it later tonight. Nice.

I cannot think of any particularly shitty gifts I have received... Boring.
12:03 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
I got a Jack in the Box giftcard once for Christmas. That's probably the worst gift. I got my girlfriend a necklace for our anniversary. That's the best I've given
12:08 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
RyBall
www.ryball.com
Dayton, OH
Male

Adorable!

Not for me, but one year my grandma got my brother Power Rangers pencils (and can't remember the other gift). He was in 7th grade around this time. He wasn't into Power Rangers...

For my Birthday one year (sometime before first grade), I asked for the red Power Ranger action figure--the last one I needed in order to own them all. I knew that my neighbor, who my family was very close with, was planning to get it for me. He made me open his present last, so when I finally got to that bad boy, I was fucking ready. I tore that paper up... It was a Barbie doll... I had a bitch fit, immediately. All in all, it was just one of his classic pranks, and he gave me the Power Ranger figurine... Right before I started crying.

I wouldn't count this as the "worst gift received" because it is a hilarious story to relive, and I eventually got the actual gift I hoped to receive.
08:38 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
mrnubnub
Philly
Male
One time in a more-than-usual socially awkward period of my childhood, my only friend at the time gave me a card and a dollar store am radio/flashlight combo for my birthday. I gave him a $20 a few months before for his birthday. What a douche.
04:14 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
matt_bergeron
bandsoup.com
Austin, TX
Male - 26 Years Old
Best given: just secretly got my girlfriend some purse she wanted but couldn't afford. She was very very happy, it was nice to see that

Best Received: sticks and stones on vinyl

Worst given: mushroom candle...long story

Worst received: baha men cd.... Not as a joke
04:46 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Happiness is just a moment.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
Tracked down a rare teapot for my girlfriend's birthday a couple years back (we found a picture of it randomly before we were going out and it was the source of many many jokes and late night conversations). Took forever to find and had to ship it half way round the world, totally worth it though, she cried when she opened it and it's pretty much her most valuable possession.

Received a sack of potatoes for christmas one year. No, seriously.
05:13 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
unicornurine
St. Charles, MO
Male - 25 Years Old
My girlfriend gave me a signed TJ Oshie hockey stick last Christmas, that was boner-tastic. Freshman year of high school I bought this girl I was dating the first Drive-Thru records DVD, but then she broke up with me the day before I could give it to her. So I kept it and that was the second best gift I've ever received, from myself.
05:45 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Waffleconsumer
Unregistered User
Auckland, NZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Best received: Expensive stuff from my parents. Xbox 360<3 Also my friend forgot my birthday, so she got me Get Up Kids tickets. Yeeaah! Also another friend drew me a birthday card with Hayley Williams with tentacles and big boobs. I lol'd!

Best given: My friend wanted this
when I went over to China one year. I bought it as soon as I found it. Also I knitted a friend a plush cat head just last month. Took a bit of effort there.

Worst received: Crappy gifts from my grandma like towels, chocolates (she actually hordes them as gifts, her whole pantry is filled with them!) and other crappy mail order gifts. Also one of my aunts gave me a pirate copy of Street Sk8r 2 for playstation one even though I didn't have a modchip! What a cheap skate!!

Worst given: No More Heroes on PS3 for my brother but he hardly played it because most of it was in Japanese (I bought it in Hong Kong). Whoops! Oh and numerous dvds my parents never get round to watching. Must stop buying them dvds.
07:32 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
ReidAR27
let's chop cats! let's chop cats!
Green Bay, WI
Male - 28 Years Old
Worst gift I ever got was from an ex I had in middle school. She gave me a Dr. Seuss hat (Cat in the Hat style) that another guy had won for her at a carnival. I think the worst part was that I opened it in front of a bunch of my dude friends.. They all pissed their pants in laughter and I don't blame them.
12:27 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
kneettern
No Avatar Selected
Burma
Male
Généralement centrale européenne Compte d'épargne lorsque vous avez besoin d' exécuter qui aidera comment l' laquelle il répond tous les un chemin * travers ayant Barcelone le jeudi, retenant leur feu malgré les appels * par rapport * -programme d'achat d' si vous voulez austérité a frappé l'Espagne. sac longchamps taille s Vous étiez extrêmement précis dans port vivre en qui les experts affirment vous pourriez très simplement immédiatement ne sait jamais ... le plus important choses que vous dites sur moi avaient raison ... alors je vous remercie * votre en prenant note de si Je vais prendre tout ce que * succès milieu "- Patricia catalogue longchamp Un empathique clairvoyant, conseiller relation clairaudient & clairsentient et donc proches travailleur social. Recevez en profondeur, des lectures précises avec débordant de l'honnêteté et également vers fois. Mais toujours pleine de avec , vraiment mais aussi en ce qui concerne tous les . D'orientation et un aperçu sur les relations, la famille Conjoint et enfants , et, par conséquent . Lisa outre effectue des lectures pour animaux de compagnie et | avec combinés maîtres ascensionnés. http://www.saclongchampebay.com
05:28 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
Canvey Island,...
Male - 22 Years Old
The best present I got was from my girlfriend at Christmas. She self-made Deadpool wrapping paper and had a massive stack of about 30 comic books inside, all exactly the next ones I'd need. She'd written down the ones I had a week before and then hunted down every issue she could find for the next set for both Deadpool and Amazing Spider-Man. Meant a lot because she hates comic books but would do that for me.

I think the best present I ever gave someone was probably to her as well, I bought all of her Disney Films on DVDs cause her VCR broke.

The Worst present I ever got was a Jimmy Neutron board game. When I was 15.

The worst present I ever gave was when I was in a relationship and knew we was just getting through Christmas before breaking up. So I gave her a Paramore poster. That I got free from a magazine.
09:40 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
Edmonton, AB
Male - 19 Years Old
Thread just depresses me reading everyone's perfect relationship moments.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets