AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Team Goldie Remixes Ra Ra Riot

Posted by - 11:48 AM on 05/11/12
Team Goldie has posted a remix of "Boy" by Ra Ra Riot for free download.
About the SongJust after the release of their last album my pals Ra Ra Riot and I played a show together in our second home Syracuse, NY. They told me about a recent Daytrotter session they had recorded and how the extra time was used to do a "punk rock" version of the song "Boy." It unfortunately didn't make the cut for their session but when they asked me to remix a track I thought that was a brilliant idea so I took a stab at what that might have sounded like.

Submitted by teamgoldie

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
12:29 PM on 05/11/12
sjb2k1
6-5, still in it baby!
User Info.
different but i like it.
12:31 PM on 05/11/12
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
felt a little sloppy. cool remix though.
12:35 PM on 05/11/12
Buscemi Knows Best
You owe me a Sausage McMuffin.
User Info.
hard to top the feel of the original, but taking this as a separate piece of work, I like it.
12:42 PM on 05/11/12
sjb2k1
6-5, still in it baby!
User Info.
oh and if you haven't listened to that RSD split they did, doooooo it
01:42 PM on 05/11/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
damn nostalgia'd hard. heart break dancer was a jam
02:45 PM on 05/11/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Wonder when this show was? I must have missed it. Guessing it was at the Westcott theater or something. I kinda miss team Goldie. He doesn't play as many shows up here since his SU days.
04:44 PM on 05/11/12
Mens
User since 2002
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
actually like it alot, alot of fun. I wish I could get back to those wild days. but now I'm a strict and awkward teacher.
05:23 PM on 05/11/12
teamgoldie
User Info.
glad people enjoy it. it's a little over the top but i thought it was a fun spin.

Wonder when this show was? I must have missed it. Guessing it was at the Westcott theater or something. I kinda miss team Goldie. He doesn't play as many shows up here since his SU days.
it was awhile back at funk n waffles. i did the remix a month or two after that but it kind of got lost in the shuffle. it's harder to play up that way than when i was living there but i recently put together a full live band so as soon as we start playing shows a 'cuse trip is necessary.

oh and if you haven't listened to that RSD split they did, doooooo it
THIS. saw them play the valerie cover in prospect park last fall w/ delicate steve shredding the solo. so rad.
07:48 PM on 05/11/12
tell that mick
@kissmeimlazy
User Info.
Nothing like a good Ra Ra Riot show back home in 'Cuse.
08:46 PM on 05/11/12
sjb2k1
6-5, still in it baby!
User Info.
glad people enjoy it. it's a little over the top but i thought it was a fun spin.

it was awhile back at funk n waffles. i did the remix a month or two after that but it kind of got lost in the shuffle. it's harder to play up that way than when i was living there but i recently put together a full live band so as soon as we start playing shows a 'cuse trip is necessary.

THIS. saw them play the valerie cover in prospect park last fall w/ delicate steve shredding the solo. so rad.
shiiiit i'm jealous
09:01 PM on 05/11/12
Buscemi Knows Best
You owe me a Sausage McMuffin.
User Info.

FULL TEAM GOLDIE BAND SWEET JESUS YES. Buffalo please!
04:52 AM on 05/12/12
starjamgirl
User Info.

Please play some shows in July!
04:41 PM on 05/13/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
I'll take it.
11:51 PM on 05/13/12
heynownow
User Info.
does this band's name have anything to do with Goldust?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos