Username
Password

12:45 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
For the most part I think people were just having a good time. I think at some point you really had to forgive how bad people smelled because we all were going nuts and getting rowdy. It's always so hot up in heaven when there's that many bodies, you kinda just have to accept that you are going to be sweating ridiculously and going to get extremely nasty from other people's sweat and bodies touching you.
No, I know, but there's a difference in getting smelly during the show and reeking of body odor before o'brother even gets on stage. Not a huge deal, obviously, but that was what I noticed more so than people acting like assholes.
02:01 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
karadotcollett
altmusiclife.tumblr.com
Atlanta, GA
Female - 22 Years Old
once you go to shows at Wonderroot, 529, Under The Couch and Drunken Unicorn regularly you will see why i hate the Masq.
02:24 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
mewithoutCoheed
No Avatar Selected
once you go to shows at Wonderroot, 529, Under The Couch and Drunken Unicorn regularly you will see why i hate the Masq.

What? Clubs that hold 2-300 people are different than clubs that hold 1000? You don't say...
03:10 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
karadotcollett
altmusiclife.tumblr.com
Atlanta, GA
Female - 22 Years Old
What? Clubs that hold 2-300 people are different than clubs that hold 1000? You don't say...
it's not about the amount of people, it's about the crowds. Variety and Center Stage have better crowds as well.
03:25 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
swboyd
The Screaming Wind
Chicago, IL
Male - 25 Years Old
Thrice fan problems. All I gotta say. I'm still stoked for the show on the 20th.
04:15 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old

The Drunken Unicorn as an awesome venue. But there is no way they could have hosted their Farewell Tour. The place is small and considering how packed The Masquerade was, they would have only been able to fit like a third of the crowd there. I saw Portugal. The Man there on their tour in support of Church Mouth and it was a hell of a show.

Haven't been to the other places though.
04:19 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
No, I know, but there's a difference in getting smelly during the show and reeking of body odor before o'brother even gets on stage. Not a huge deal, obviously, but that was what I noticed more so than people acting like assholes.

Agreed. There was an abundance of body odor reeking throughout the entire place. What also pissed me off was a couple dbags who feel just because they are hot and sweating that they are going to take their shirts off in the middle of the crowd. You're not the only one who is hot and sweating. It takes away from my experience because I can't get away from the smell and it pisses me off so much that I can't get my mind off just wanting to knock the hell out this guy. That should be the last thing on my mind. My undivided attention belongs to Thrice and my feedback.
04:25 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
I love the Unicorn and even Wonderroot for their intimacy, but the sound is just as bad as the Masquerade. If I had it my way, bands would only play at the Tabernacle, Variety Playhouse and Center Stage, haha.

Agreed. There was an abundance of body odor reeking throughout the entire place. What also pissed me off was a couple dbags who feel just because they are hot and sweating that they are going to take their shirts off in the middle of the crowd. You're not the only one who is hot and sweating. It takes away from my experience because I can't get away from the smell and it pisses me off so much that I can't get my mind off just wanting to knock the hell out this guy. That should be the last thing on my mind. My undivided attention belongs to Thrice and my feedback.
Luckily, I didn't run into any shirtless dudes, but this guy and his girlfriend (who both smelled horribly) squeezed right between my girlfriend and I and were like "we're looking for our friends!" and then proceeded to just stand there for the rest of the show. Then there was someone who kept ripping the grossest farts. Such a smelly show, haha.
04:28 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Fuuuuck, so excited for the show tomorrow.
04:58 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
I love the Unicorn and even Wonderroot for their intimacy, but the sound is just as bad as the Masquerade. If I had it my way, bands would only play at the Tabernacle, Variety Playhouse and Center Stage, haha.

Luckily, I didn't run into any shirtless dudes, but this guy and his girlfriend (who both smelled horribly) squeezed right between my girlfriend and I and were like "we're looking for our friends!" and then proceeded to just stand there for the rest of the show. Then there was someone who kept ripping the grossest farts. Such a smelly show, haha.

Yeah, the Tabernacle is probably the coolest venue in Atlanta. The mwY, Thrice, Brand New show their in '07 is still the best show I've seen (besides maybe when I saw Deftones in Knoxville a couple years ago)

Brutal.

Fuuuuck, so excited for the show tomorrow.

As well you should be. If the weather is good you will prob get a secret show afterwards. From what I understand, he really wants to play them, but weather has been a problem. And since he hasn't done one in what seems to be about a week, a perfect storm of secret shows could be headed your way.
05:23 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
karadotcollett
altmusiclife.tumblr.com
Atlanta, GA
Female - 22 Years Old

This girl in the front row kept shoving her large arse in front of me. She thinks because she has a big butt that she gets to push me over. I didn't stand in like for 3 hours to get humped and pushed around.
06:15 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
hailthewarrior
i can't shake this little feeling
Knoxville
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah, the Tabernacle is probably the coolest venue in Atlanta. The mwY, Thrice, Brand New show their in '07 is still the best show I've seen (besides maybe when I saw Deftones in Knoxville a couple years ago)

Brutal.

That Brand New tour is my favorite night of live music period. So good.

At one point during the show last night a drunk guy started playing a guitar solo on my arm in the middle of T&C.
09:39 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
MarkJ801
Salt Lake City, UT
Male - 26 Years Old
As well you should be. If the weather is good you will prob get a secret show afterwards. From what I understand, he really wants to play them, but weather has been a problem. And since he hasn't done one in what seems to be about a week, a perfect storm of secret shows could be headed your way.

What does the weather have to do with it, does he play outside?
09:55 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
RyanGarner
Registered Member
Nashua, New...
Male - 21 Years Old
What does the weather have to do with it, does he play outside?

When I saw them on their last tour in Philly he just played in the parking lot of the venue so I'm assuming that's what he usually does.
10:25 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia

Yeah the Tabernacle and Variety Playhouse are both my favorite venues in Atlanta. They both have the best sound and acoustics. Saw Thrice at both. Saw Thrice twice at the Tabernacle. Once with Brand and mewithoutYou (personally my favorite show of all time as well) and once with Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, and The Gaslight Anthem. And then I saw Thrice with Manchester and O'Brother at Variety.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos