Username
Password

08:20 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
NJ / NYC
Male
Geoff Rickly performed a collection of Thursday songs acoustic at Gunner's Run in Philadelphia, PA, on May 9, 2012.

This Side of Brightness
Time's Arrow
Cross Out the Eyes
Standing on the Edge of Summer
Signals Over the Air
Lady Love (Ink and Dagger cover)
How Long is the Night?
Your Love's a Pawn Shop
Resuscitation of a Deadman
Understanding in a Car Crash
War All the Time
Turnpike Divides

All songs are Thursday songs except for Geoff's brand new "Your Love's a Pawn Shop" and the Ink and Dagger cover. Geoff received help from Thursday touring bassist / United Nations bandmate Lukas Previn on a few of the songs. Very cool to see him touch on his entire Thursday discography, from "Brightness" to "Divides".

Really, really fun performance. It wasn't executed with the accuracy of more veteran solo musicians (of which I've seen about 20 this year, from Chuck Ragan to Jeff Mangum to Chris Conley), but it was fun nonetheless and totally worth the expensive admission price of free dollars.

Gunner's Run is a fantastic, bar, too.. despite drinking for like four hours and ordering food, my tab was $50 with generous tip included. Pretty awesome.

I recorded the entire thing, including some Lifetime and Saves the Day covers from the opener. If you want it, let me know.
08:42 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 29 Years Old
I was just about to write a blog about my experience at the show. I had a blast! It seemed like he was having a lot of fun. It was cool to hear the songs he chose some of the highlights for me were How Long Is the Night and Cross Out The Eyes. My favorite part was when someone yelled out Jet Black New Year and Geoff said something like, "If I play that song you guys better be prepared to open that fucking pit up."

He was so accommodating and stuck around and talked to everyone. Such a great time!
11:10 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
New York, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
I would LOVE a copy of the recording. Video or audio?
11:36 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 29 Years Old
There's a ton of videos up on youtube.
01:27 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
airik625
you mess with the bull...
Memphis, TN
Male - 24 Years Old
Please post this.
03:00 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
iaminsane20
SUNY Cortland '15
Cortland, NY
Male - 21 Years Old
Geoff Rickly performed a collection of Thursday songs acoustic at Gunner's Run in Philadelphia, PA, on May 9, 2012.

This Side of Brightness
Time's Arrow
Cross Out the Eyes
Standing on the Edge of Summer
Signals Over the Air
Lady Love (Ink and Dagger cover)
How Long is the Night?
Your Love's a Pawn Shop
Resuscitation of a Deadman
Understanding in a Car Crash
War All the Time
Turnpike Divides

All songs are Thursday songs except for Geoff's brand new "Your Love's a Pawn Shop" and the Ink and Dagger cover. Geoff received help from Thursday touring bassist / United Nations bandmate Lukas Previn on a few of the songs. Very cool to see him touch on his entire Thursday discography, from "Brightness" to "Divides".

Really, really fun performance. It wasn't executed with the accuracy of more veteran solo musicians (of which I've seen about 20 this year, from Chuck Ragan to Jeff Mangum to Chris Conley), but it was fun nonetheless and totally worth the expensive admission price of free dollars.

Gunner's Run is a fantastic, bar, too.. despite drinking for like four hours and ordering food, my tab was $50 with generous tip included. Pretty awesome.

I recorded the entire thing, including some Lifetime and Saves the Day covers from the opener. If you want it, let me know.

I would like the set.
09:16 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
terrorishfrank
vineland, nj
Male - 23 Years Old

As would I, I live an hour away from Philly and had to miss it because of work.
07:51 AM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
dubey
trillest
Toronto, ON
Male - 27 Years Old
Why didn't they do a set like this for their last tour?

So disappointing
10:09 AM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
arson
New Haven
Male - 21 Years Old
The Dallas show was a really great time. The set list was pretty much the same as Philly's except in a slightly different order; Geoff also did "Autumn Leaves Revisited".
11:11 AM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 29 Years Old
The Dallas show was a really great time. The set list was pretty much the same as Philly's except in a slightly different order; Geoff also did "Autumn Leaves Revisited".

Cool! I found it interesting that he didn't do anything from A City By The Light Divided in Philly. Great time nonetheless.
11:39 AM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
tzodrow
No Avatar Selected
PA
Male - 27 Years Old
I would love to get a copy of the set, the show was incredible
11:59 AM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
TMS2787
Fate Has Been Making Me A Liar
Wadsworth, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
"Really, really fun performance. It wasn't executed with the accuracy of more veteran solo musicians (of which I've seen about 20 this year, from Chuck Ragan to Jeff Mangum to Chris Conley), but it was fun nonetheless and totally worth the expensive admission price of free dollars."

:rollseyes: sweet show drops brah.
06:55 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
CloseToShore
Dude, that is so wrong.
South Jersey
Male - 32 Years Old
Would love to have been able to see this. Just couldn't get the money to pay for the gas and tolls.
06:42 AM on 05/18/12 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Anyone have a setlist from the Texas date?
06:05 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Will be great to see him in Holmdel.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music