Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

The Story Behind "45"

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/25/12)
Check out a video interview with Brian Fallon about the story behind "45," here.
From the Article"I didn't know what was going to happen. After American Slang, after The '59 Sound, I was like, 'What am I gonna do?'" Fallon says in the exclusive video below. "Is there any more Gaslight songs? It's a scary thing when that feeling hits you. After we wrote the song '45,' I was like 'Thank God.' I just knew it was gonna be all right.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
10:43 AM on 05/25/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Loving seeing them play 45 "live" in that video.
10:45 AM on 05/25/12
zachff
User Info.
Also the last little ending clip, where he talks about not being ready to talk about things when he was younger -- makes me wonder if a lot of the reason he relied on the nostalgia/storytelling lyrical theme on 59/AS was that he wasn't comfortable narrating his own "just aghh" stories from the first person. Either way, stoked for the new record.
10:50 AM on 05/25/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Really enjoyed that. Video looks great.
11:19 AM on 05/25/12
Ponyboy
i'm stayin gold
User Info.
Also the last little ending clip, where he talks about not being ready to talk about things when he was younger -- makes me wonder if a lot of the reason he relied on the nostalgia/storytelling lyrical theme on 59/AS was that he wasn't comfortable narrating his own "just aghh" stories from the first person. Either way, stoked for the new record.
Agree completely. Should be interesting to see the more personal gaslight from now on.
12:03 PM on 05/25/12
zachff
User Info.
Agree completely. Should be interesting to see the more personal gaslight from now on.

Stay golden
01:43 PM on 05/25/12
Ponyboy
i'm stayin gold
User Info.
always and forever
02:03 PM on 05/25/12
suckitandsee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love the band but the 'interview' is really awkward. He's clearly not being interviewed. More of a band produced promo video. It's like he's turned these words over in his head preparing for when he could fit them into an interview and it comes off really cheesy and rehearsed.
Again, love the band, just thought he came off as a bit lame in this one.
04:56 PM on 05/25/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Im glad 45 is good and everything appears to be alright with Gaslight, because American Slang sucked..
06:01 PM on 05/25/12
clifforrrd
User Info.
Im glad 45 is good and everything appears to be alright with Gaslight, because American Slang sucked..

Duuuuude...
01:49 AM on 05/26/12
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
American Slang was amazing.
02:24 AM on 05/27/12
deadmanscurve
User Info.
Whaaa?
12:58 PM on 05/27/12
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
american slang was incredible and i cant wait for this new one. i agree that it seems like there is going to be a big lyrical shift and that's exciting to me!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums