Username
Password

11:32 AM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Male
The Get Go rules. I've been into them since they put up their demos on Myspace years ago. It's a shame they never really did anything at all in America except for a few local shows. The 2 albums they released in Japan are great and perfectly blur the line between older, classic pop-punk and the new super-glossy poppy stuff that everyone loves now. They have a lot of potential to be big if they actually hit the road and did the damn thing.

As far as the new stuff, I never realized how unfitting of a singer the dude from Showoff was until I heard Scott's re-recordings of the 2nd album's tracks. The guy from Showoff was very a personality-driven singer and it fit what he did to a degree, but Scott sounds way more like a professional and absolutely kills it on the re-recordings. I'd love to see them really tour and get these songs out to people. Or at least make it out to NY so I can see them.

The last time Allister played here, my scene's largest local band was having a CD release at a different venue, and for some reason the promoter didn't think to either book them on a different day or to throw them on the bigger bill, like anyone would. Allister played to like 12 people. They will probably never come back to Long Island.

yeah they really need to get their shit together! bill from dimmn recently quit and they had to drop off our fest we had last weekend, i was bummed but yeah scotts a way better singer than chris, hell chris doesn't even live in chicago anymore, he moved to knoxville! but yah they gave japan so much love, we did get more than a couple local shows but its been awhile, the last time the get go played here was last winter..
07:14 AM on 05/29/12 
User Info.
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Male
Allister's new album is finished http://timrogner.wordpress.com/
02:40 PM on 05/29/12 
User Info.
tozborne
Writer, Under the Gun Review
Live in DC / Home...
Male - 22 Years Old

I don't know how i feel about the use of electronica or whatever.
02:56 PM on 05/29/12 
User Info.
PerfectChaos337
When I read those bits about it being more modern and incorporating electronic elements, I kind of assumed in my head that it would just sound kind of similar to The Get Go's two records. There's electronics on there, but it's no more obnoxious and frequent than any other poppy band kicking around these days. All those Allister guys never really stray from their styles, so I doubt it'll be some crazy up-front synth jams, haha.

I'm excited to hear this record. Allister never really let me down, and I'm always glad to hear that they're doing things. One of the few bands from "back in the day" that I could see still being relevant now if they had the right push.
03:05 PM on 05/29/12 
User Info.
tozborne
Writer, Under the Gun Review
Live in DC / Home...
Male - 22 Years Old
When I read those bits about it being more modern and incorporating electronic elements, I kind of assumed in my head that it would just sound kind of similar to The Get Go's two records. There's electronics on there, but it's no more obnoxious and frequent than any other poppy band kicking around these days. All those Allister guys never really stray from their styles, so I doubt it'll be some crazy up-front synth jams, haha.

I'm excited to hear this record. Allister never really let me down, and I'm always glad to hear that they're doing things. One of the few bands from "back in the day" that I could see still being relevant now if they had the right push.

Totally agree, I really think a lot of kids these days would really get into them, but frankly a lot of the younger pop punk kids don't know who this band even is, which saddens me. Regardless, looking forward to new material
07:22 AM on 05/30/12 
User Info.
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Male
I don't know how i feel about the use of electronica or whatever.

they had keys in this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHKoT-MSY6Q
09:51 AM on 05/30/12 
User Info.
cirerelleum
Registered Member
Male - 24 Years Old
I definitely agree that if The Get Go had actually tried in the US they could've had great success. And I really need to see Allister live again.
09:00 AM on 09/17/12 
User Info.
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Male
new music video for 5 Years

i dont think you can embed it so go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqPh-4Mqx4c
10:21 PM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
New album, Life Behind Machines, is available on iTunes! (Japan that is.....)
12:22 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Male
i am fucking stoked to hear it!
05:34 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
PerfectChaos337
Excited to hear this also. The single is great and just what I'd expect from them. I've enjoyed every Allister/side project release and i'm sure this one will rule too. They've got so much charm that the newer batch of pop-punk lacks. I also heard this new album will be out on vinyl eventually, which is pretty cool news.
07:22 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
Fox83
Cincinnati
Male
Can't let this thread die yet.

I've looked everywhere for even clips of this album and have found nothing. Anyone else have any luck?
01:59 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Male
Can't let this thread die yet.

I've looked everywhere for even clips of this album and have found nothing. Anyone else have any luck?

have you heard 5 years yet? its on youtube
11:14 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Fox83
Cincinnati
Male
have you heard 5 years yet? its on youtube

Sorry, I did hear the single. I meant anything else.
11:24 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
boomer08
Orange County, CA
Male - 26 Years Old
I ordered a copy of the new album from Japan and it's AMAZING (for Allister). I'm really impressed. They didn't just make another 4-chord pop-punk album, they tried a lot of new things with this one. It took me by surprise to hear horns and electronic stuff but I love it! It shows that they are more talented than their past albums show.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos