Username
Password

03:56 PM on 06/18/12 
User Info.
Logan K. Young
Logan K. Young
Suffragette City,...
Male
Obama is offering school vouchers in D.C. now. Just a thought...
02:43 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
Fort Hood
Male - 28 Years Old
You just started school, why already take a semester off? Sorry, just curious.
07:50 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Rad Medicine
No Avatar Selected
Birmingham,...
Male
Can't you just re-sit your school year?
02:20 PM on 08/20/12 
User Info.
BridgeLL
Oregon
Female - 34 Years Old
A few things: Many of the responses here are right on, you should go the community college route and save yourself a lot of dough. Plus, this may seem a little harsh, but colleges get a lot of very smart students that simply cannot complete the work. So although you may have had great scores from high school, its likely that those will be outweighed by your only college record. This makes the community college route an especially good place for you, it will give you another chance to prove your determination and eventually expunge your academic record enough that you should be able to get into a good four year school.

As far as loans: you have the six month grace period as long as you are out of school. Once you have been out of school six months this time is up and you can never get it back - with the exception of current enrollment.

However, if you are only out of school for the summer, or any time less than six months, then you keep your six month grace period. For example, you could drop out in April as long as you were back in class before November, and the next time you were out of school, another new six month grace period would start again. You have several breaks as long as you never go over the six month line. Good luck with school, although the economy may be poor I am exceptionally thankful that I completed my degree.
12:20 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
falko
No Avatar Selected
Belgium
Male - 27 Years Old
If you're not motivated: Drop out... get a job. You'll save a lot of time and money.
11:27 PM on 08/31/12 
User Info.
dearmsterri
Philadelphia
Male - 24 Years Old
I didn't go to school for almost a year and I worked almost full time. That alone made me miss school. I'm back in it now.
02:46 AM on 09/01/12 
User Info.
geeknowles16
No Avatar Selected
Leeds
Female - 19 Years Old
10:26 AM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
OH_BE
Beard Life!
If going to class seems to be the issue try and shoot for a degree online...that seems to be the next best thing for you
12:44 PM on 09/04/12 
User Info.
colorlesscliche
you talk too much.
Maryland
Male - 27 Years Old
You're just going to die anyway.
02:58 PM on 09/05/12 
User Info.
zporter92
Navarre, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't know if your school has this, but at the school I'm going back to (I did the same thing as you, except my situation was due to lack of motivation), there is this thing called grade forgiveness. Basically you just retake classes that offer it, and that grade replaces your prior grade. I'm on academic probation with a 1.2 gpa. And they let me back in after taking two years off. Granted, this only applies if you intend on returning to that school.

If you're not returning to that school, go online or community for sure. No point in spending all the money when it didn't work out before. If you take time off, don't eliminate school as an option. Working full time completely sucks compared to going to school, it's one of the reasons why I'm going back. Plus it seems like you can do well in school, and there is no point in wasting that potential on a job that may or may not be a dead-end

EDIT: And my loan payments didn't kick in until a year after my last semester ended. I don't know if they're a state-by-state thing though
09:33 PM on 09/19/12 
User Info.
wroteurname
Registered Loser
ROCKville, CT
Male - 26 Years Old
Well dude, at least you now know where to get some great jackets.
01:50 PM on 09/22/12 
User Info.
aviador2k2
No Avatar Selected
Nanticoke
Male
Check Community College for sure..
05:47 PM on 11/07/12 
User Info.
Lord_Shmi
˚be real black for me˚
Portland, OR
Male
I'd just move back in to your moms basement and play video games and eat chicken nuggets all day long.
03:57 PM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
rhetoricjams
NC
Male
go to counseling and wellness and discuss options for a medical withdrawal (post medical withdrawal of term grades). It exists. Get diagnosed for depression then move forward. You can save this and not go further into debt if you go through the hoops.
04:42 PM on 12/15/12 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
medical withdrawal is the way to go

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music