Username
Password

02:48 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
peopleVSbears
BABE
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
didn't notice this board before making a thread in gen. chat. here is a link to my concerns. also if a mod reads this please move said thread to this one.

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2511052

basically im suggestion that we keep threads in their appropriate discussion boards. and have the mods be more vigilant
02:51 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
peopleVSbears
BABE
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
also, if i go to make another post in the same thread instantly after my first post and no one has posted anything between my two posts, my posts should be combined.

i.e. this post should have been combined with my previous post because it was made instantly after my first post.
03:06 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
also, if i go to make another post in the same thread instantly after my first post and no one has posted anything between my two posts, my posts should be combined.

i.e. this post should have been combined with my previous post because it was made instantly after my first post.

Then just edit your original post with the added material, dumbass.
03:17 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
peopleVSbears
BABE
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
its called convenience
03:35 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
Wesley. Melbourne
Male - 23 Years Old

We actually get this question a fair amount from users who are just starting to discover and become familiar with the website, and the explanation certainly varies depending on the staff member that answers you. The General Forum is what can be considered the biggest aspect of the website. It's where everyone can talk about anything, as long as the topic is reasonable and it's not considered a duplicate of any other previous threads.

There was a time where we tried to promote and uphold the idea of threads relating to our other forum topics (Music related threads within General subsequently being moved to the Music Forum, for instance) and how they should ideally be posted in their respective forums. The problem is that many of our regular users perceive the Music Forum to be somewhat unbearable due to the quality of music discussion that takes place there. You can argue that to begin moving music threads out of General and into the Music Forum would encourage more traffic and discussion into the Music Forum, but as was the case in 2006, there would be an enormous amount of complaints if we were to do that.

Also, the General Forum is predominantly where our members discuss upcoming albums, the Music Forum is more band and artist oriented. So there is a marginally slight difference.

Alas, it's just easier to have music related topics within both forums. It keeps our community happy at the expense of the site at times looking disorganized to those who first sign up. Hopefully you stick around and warm to it!
03:39 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
peopleVSbears
BABE
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
thanks for the response. what about the double posting thing i mentioned. its annoying to edit a post to add to the original. is there a way to fix that?
03:48 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
Broden Terry
Wesley. Melbourne
Male - 23 Years Old
To be honest, I don't believe there is. Unfortunately you'll have to make the effort to edit your previous post if you wish to continue adding text. Jason is currently working on the new version of AP.net, so we'll have to see if he implements your suggestion. It certainly sounds convenient.
03:50 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
peopleVSbears
BABE
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
yeah, i stole the idea from jussoliforums. also, i haven't seen it yet but its there a way to edit your name if you are unhappy with it?
04:02 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
Broden Terry
Wesley. Melbourne
Male - 23 Years Old
Not necessarily edit, but if you're unhappy with your current username you can PM Jason Tate who can change it for you. Please be aware that it will cost you a few dollars though. The reason for the price is because it stops all of our members requesting username changes.
04:03 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
peopleVSbears
BABE
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
damn. that's kinda ridiculous. not that im unhappy with my name. its just i like to change it occasionally.
12:34 AM on 07/26/12 
User Info.
dkhoang
No Avatar Selected
Male - 27 Years Old
thanks for the response.
--
DiaOcVnn.vn

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives