Username
Password

02:03 PM on 08/17/12 
User Info.
InkFingers
Gilbert, AZ
Male - 24 Years Old
Howdy,

My band and I are about to launch our first Kickstarter campaign. We've poured a lot of time and energy into making the video look pristine, making the text presentation concise and effective, and establishing rewarding incentives. It's going live in about a week, and I was just wondering if the wonderful AP community had any wisdom to impart as far as marketing and promoting once it's up.

-What's the best way to spread awareness on the Internet?
-What's the best way to spread awareness in my city?

Any advice helps, whether you have had a Kickstarter campaign or not. I really appreciate any ideas you guys have.

Thanks!

--InkFingers
02:10 PM on 08/17/12 
User Info.
leavehercrying
No Avatar Selected
Mississippi
Male - 29 Years Old
We tried once before and had 0 luck. I think we're gonna give Pledgemusic a shot. Looks like 85%+ success rate.
06:18 AM on 09/03/12 
User Info.
SwertsOnALog
Jump Jump
Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
Ap seems to be against kickstarters at the moment. I think as long as you give a breakdown of where every cent is going, you should have better luck. Never give the doubt that some of the money is going into your own pockets
10:14 AM on 09/15/12 
User Info.
4thQuarterMatt
No Avatar Selected
VA
Male
My band has never used kickstarter, but from what I've seen,you need to already have some sort of fan-base. If you have fans that support your band enough to donate, then that's awesome. I think, though, that bands often use kickstarter as an easy way to fund a record without first having the fan-base to back it up (not saying thats your band at all, but thats the stigma). All the promotion in the world can't help you if you don't have fans to support you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos