Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

01:47 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
No Avatar Selected
While I was very obviously joking, I see your point. On the flip side, my dad is a hardcore republican, and I've lived with him for over 20 years. Does that make me a hardcore Republican? Or does this somehow not count since my dad isn't a pastor, he's just, you know, my father?

People aren't sponges. You don't absorb 100% of the beliefs of someone you spend a lot of time in close proximity to. I will gladly call my father a mentor, a leader, a friend, a great influence on my life. And I agree with him maybe 20% of the time, if we're lucky.

Do you go to your dad for spiritual advice? Is your dad your mentor? Does he guide you on your religion?

No.

Kids rebel and don't give a shit what their parents think their entire life. So you saying you could "sponge" daddy's ways is a retarded argument to me. You "sponge" what your mentor, pastor, and spiritual guide for 20 years says.
01:48 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
TX
Male - 23 Years Old
While I was very obviously joking, I see your point. On the flip side, my dad is a hardcore republican, and I've lived with him for over 20 years. Does that make me a hardcore Republican? Or does this somehow not count since my dad isn't a pastor, he's just, you know, my father?

People aren't sponges. You don't absorb 100% of the beliefs of someone you spend a lot of time in close proximity to. I will gladly call my father a mentor, a leader, a friend, a great influence on my life. And I agree with him maybe 20% of the time, if we're lucky.
I have this exact experience haha.
01:49 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
No Avatar Selected
Again, are you going to ignore your conservative friend literally saying the exact same thing back to me, or will you demand he be banned as well?

Also, "if you don't know what you're talking about you should probably shut the fuck up" =/= "you're fucking stupid."

Shut the fuck up =/= Calling you retarded or whatever he said in response to your short "temper".
User Info.
crackedthesky
cause when I fly solo I fly so high
Gladstone, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Do you go to your dad for spiritual advice? Is your dad your mentor? Does he guide you on your religion?

No.

Kids rebel and don't give a shit what their parents think their entire life. So you saying you could "sponge" daddy's ways is a retarded argument to me. You "sponge" what your mentor, pastor, and spiritual guide for 20 years says.

Well, I just said exactly that, so...
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
TX
Male - 23 Years Old

No.

1. He just said he'd gladly call his dad his mentor.
2. Using the word "retarded" in that sentence says it all.
01:50 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
luckykaruba
Jazz Baby
Female - 28 Years Old
Late but
01:50 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old