Username
Password

04:58 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Voting through early mail in ballot right now. Trying to be thorough in knowing what i'm voting for/against as far as these amendments go. Constitutional Amendment Article 1, Section 3 pretty much says if it is passed no person or entity could be denied Florida state goverment benefits based on religious belief (i agree with) AND the Florida goverment would be allowed to use state taxpayer money to directly and indirectly aid any church , sect , denomination , ect (which i don't agree with) Torn about this one.
EDIT
voted no because i think the last part violates seperation of church and state.

any interesting amendments on your guys local ballots?
07:33 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
voted yes for the amendment to prohibit public funding of abortion except in cases of illness ,rape , or incest.
I may be pro-choice but i don't believe taxpayer money should pay for abortions.
07:48 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Voting through early mail in ballot right now. Trying to be thorough in knowing what i'm voting for/against as far as these amendments go. No.8 Constitutional Amendment Article 1, Section 3 pretty much says if it is passed no person or entity could be denied Florida state goverment benefits based on religious belief (i agree with) AND the Florida goverment would be allowed to use state taxpayer money to directly and indirectly aid any church , sect , denomination , ect (which i don't agree with) Torn about this one.

EDIT
voted no because i think the last part violotes seperation of church and state.

I haven't done any reading on this but based on your post I'm in agreement with you.
07:49 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
voted yes for the amendment to prohibit public funding of abortion except in cases of illness ,rape , or incest.
I may be pro-choice but i don't believe taxpayer money should pay for abortions.

Not in agreement with you here. So you're pro-choice only for women who can afford the abortion?
08:10 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Not in agreement with you here. So you're pro-choice only for women who can afford the abortion?
I think taxpayer money going to healthcare should just go to fixing medical issues that could cause harm to someone. Being pregnant is not a dangerous medical issue (in most cases) As bad as it sounds abortion is an elective procedure.
I'm all for charity to fund abortions for women who can't afford it i just don't think taxpayer money should go towards that.
08:16 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
I think taxpayer money going to healthcare it should just go to fixing medical issues that could cause harm to someone.
You mean like preventative care? So can taxpayer money go to birth control?
Quote:
Being pregnant is not a dangerous medical issue (in most cases) As bad as it sound abortion is an elective procedure.
It's not for some people. Having a kid means needing a lot of money. It means sacrificing a lot of time. Having a kid may mean declaring bankruptcy. Or for a young woman forfeiting college.
Quote:
I'm all for charity to fund abortions for women who can't afford it i just don't think taxpayer money to go towards that.

I'd rather know a woman can safely take care of her body, regardless of her economic circumstance.
08:21 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
I kinda voted against my personal beliefs on abortion based on principal on that one , knowing it was an unpopular choice.
08:23 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
voted yes for property tax discounts for disabled combat veterans.
08:29 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
I kinda voted against my personal beliefs on abortion based on principal on that one , knowing it was an unpopular choice.
Haha, it happens.
voted yes for property tax discounts for disabled combat veterans.

How does this one work? Sounds like I'd be in favor of it but I'd like to read a little about it.
08:42 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
How does this one work? Sounds like I'd be in favor of it but I'd like to read a little about it.

the discount already exists but this amendment just expands it to include injured/disabled combat veterans who were not florida residents when they entered the military , in Florida the majority of disabled combat veterans are ww2 , korean , vietnam veterans who retired here so this means they all get the discount.
08:45 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
the discount already exists but this amendment just expands it to include injured/disabled combat veterans who were not florida residents when they entered the military.

Oh, then yeah. You'd be a serious asshole to not support that.
09:06 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
voted yes for the amendment to totally exempt or partially exempt widowed spouses of veterans and first responders who died in the line of service from paying state property tax.
another one you'd have to be a dick to vote against.
09:17 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
luckykaruba
Jazz Baby
Female - 28 Years Old
I think taxpayer money going to healthcare should just go to fixing medical issues that could cause harm to someone. Being pregnant is not a dangerous medical issue (in most cases) As bad as it sound abortion is an elective procedure.
I'm all for charity to fund abortions for women who can't afford it i just don't think taxpayer money to go towards that.

Pregnancy is much more dangerous than safe abortions. By limiting dollars you limit access to safe abortions. Women will either go through with a pregnancy they can't afford/stay healthy with or will go through various means on their own to procur one.

Charity is also a bad alternative since planned parenthood provides most abortive care in the US or charity ends up being pregnancy crisis centers that give out misleading or flat out false information.
09:20 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
voted yes to require the board of governors of the Florida university system to create a council of student body presidents of each state university and the chair of that council will sit on the board of governors.
11:42 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
singyoutocoma
Find a thread to pull...
Wheaton, IL
Male - 23 Years Old
Voting through early mail in ballot right now. Trying to be thorough in knowing what i'm voting for/against as far as these amendments go. Constitutional Amendment Article 1, Section 3 pretty much says if it is passed no person or entity could be denied Florida state goverment benefits based on religious belief (i agree with) AND the Florida goverment would be allowed to use state taxpayer money to directly and indirectly aid any church , sect , denomination , ect (which i don't agree with) Torn about this one.
EDIT
voted no because i think the last part violates seperation of church and state.

Didn't the Warren court put the kibosh on that sort of thing?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos