Password

11:07 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Since the first grade!

I have never heard of that haha. I just googled it. In my day as a youngster that was called sitting indian style.
11:55 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 21 Years Old
I have never heard of that haha. I just googled it. In my day as a youngster that was called sitting indian style.

Well that too. I think they're trying to get away from Indian style now though. Most schools don't teach it anymore, around here at least. When I was a kid the two terms were used interchangeably, but my little sister wasn't taught Indian style at all. I heard it can be found offensive, and I like criss cross applesauce better anyway lol
03:35 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
Queens, New York
Female - 22 Years Old
god i hate driving. can't stand being on the highway, i get so nervous.
10:32 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
The World of Dreams
Male - 22 Years Old
i don't like going very fast and driving costs too much money, i will probably get over myself and learn next summer. walking and taking the bus/metro rules!
01:37 AM on 12/26/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
PNW
Female - 21 Years Old
okay, so there are a million threads about driving, but since I've posted in this one before I'm bumping this one.

I think I'm going to take my driver's test soon and I'm super nervous. I get intimidated easily and I'm scared of getting a scary instructor haha. Secondly, I have really bad anxiety. Sometimes I get nervous and drive too tense and second guess myself. Lastly, I'm really scared of failure. This is going to sound super dumb, but I just cannot fail at things. Almost everyone I know failed their first time taking the test, but that still doesn't reassure me. Then I think of all the bad drivers I see on the road, and it's kind of embarrassing if they can pass and I can't. I've driven with a couple different people and they all say I'm ready, but I'm just so nervous.

tl;dr, any tips on just relaxing for the test would be nice.

Asking my friends about their tests just scares me more because it seems like everyone's tests went so different. I think I'm good enough to pass, but I'm scared that my nerves and lack of confidence will get in the way of passing. idk idk I'm pretty nervous haha. I just need to get it. I hate walking to and from school up giant hills in bad weather, the stress of relying on rides to and from work when I work all the way out on the reservation, I'm going to be moving out on my own and need to be able to get myself around, and I'm 20!
07:39 AM on 12/28/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
okay, so there are a million threads about driving, but since I've posted in this one before I'm bumping this one.

I think I'm going to take my driver's test soon and I'm super nervous. I get intimidated easily and I'm scared of getting a scary instructor haha. Secondly, I have really bad anxiety. Sometimes I get nervous and drive too tense and second guess myself. Lastly, I'm really scared of failure. This is going to sound super dumb, but I just cannot fail at things. Almost everyone I know failed their first time taking the test, but that still doesn't reassure me. Then I think of all the bad drivers I see on the road, and it's kind of embarrassing if they can pass and I can't. I've driven with a couple different people and they all say I'm ready, but I'm just so nervous.

tl;dr, any tips on just relaxing for the test would be nice.

Asking my friends about their tests just scares me more because it seems like everyone's tests went so different. I think I'm good enough to pass, but I'm scared that my nerves and lack of confidence will get in the way of passing. idk idk I'm pretty nervous haha. I just need to get it. I hate walking to and from school up giant hills in bad weather, the stress of relying on rides to and from work when I work all the way out on the reservation, I'm going to be moving out on my own and need to be able to get myself around, and I'm 20!
In Georgia where I took it, they pretty much passed everyone even though they drove poorly. I didn't actually learn to drive until the anxiety stopped years later. Making a left turn with cars waiting behind you caused anxiety to young drivers. It wasn't until i/we learned that they can go f*ck themselves that we became good drivers. Youll pass the test no problem, but that doesn't mean you'll be a good driver. A good driver sees all that goes on on the road and never gets flustered. That will come with time and experience. So best of luck, you'll do fine. Say cheese
11:25 AM on 12/28/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
In America, a cop can pull you over if you go through a Yellow light if it looks like you had enough time to stop for it, and any driver's ed class will teach this.

A yellow *flashing* light means you can go through it without slowing or stopping, but just be aware of your surroundings just incase someone's coming (in my town, we have a yellow flashing light for two ways of a four-way intersection, with a red flashing for the other two)

red *flashing* is the exact same thing as a stop sign.

People who don't know how to get into a traffic circle/roundabout/whatever crack me up, though. My driver's ed teacher made sure to teach us how because the town of my high-school has one of the biggest cluster-fuck rotaries around. So many people think you need to stop if a car is in the roundabout, but if you have room to go in, GO IN. It's a yield sign, not a stop sign. If there's room, don't make the line of cars behind you wait while you're being a scared pussy haha, when I went to college, all of my friends would freak out anytime I'd enter the traffic circle without stopping first, and it's like the easiest one I've ever even seen lol

Another observation: I don't think that many people realize this, but it's actually illegal (at least in many states) to drive in the far left lane as a travel lane. You can only go in if you're passing somebody.

SO many people don't realize that you can't take a right-on-red at a red arrow, too. I've had people flip at me for sitting at the light haha
12:40 PM on 12/28/12 
User Info.
Cereal_Killer
We suck, I know. SHUT UP!
Nu Yawk Shitty
Male - 25 Years Old
everyone would qualify to be a professional stunt driver if driving class was like full metal jacket

10:13 PM on 12/28/12 
User Info.
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
The World of Dreams
Male - 22 Years Old
ZAMMMMMMNNNNNNNN

can i not ever learn to drive?
01:33 AM on 12/29/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
PNW
Female - 21 Years Old
In Georgia where I took it, they pretty much passed everyone even though they drove poorly. I didn't actually learn to drive until the anxiety stopped years later. Making a left turn with cars waiting behind you caused anxiety to young drivers. It wasn't until i/we learned that they can go f*ck themselves that we became good drivers. Youll pass the test no problem, but that doesn't mean you'll be a good driver. A good driver sees all that goes on on the road and never gets flustered. That will come with time and experience. So best of luck, you'll do fine. Say cheese

Thank you. I keep trying to tell myself that I know the worst drivers who have their licenses, so I should relax, but it's hard to haha. I feel like a lot of the time it depends on how easy-going the instructor is, and I don't like not having that control of knowing what they'll be like ahead of time. I think I'm going to take my written on Monday, and then my driving test a week from then. Hopefully I won't chicken out.
07:57 AM on 12/29/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
In America, a cop can pull you over if you go through a Yellow light if it looks like you had enough time to stop for it, and any driver's ed class will teach this.

A yellow *flashing* light means you can go through it without slowing or stopping, but just be aware of your surroundings just incase someone's coming (in my town, we have a yellow flashing light for two ways of a four-way intersection, with a red flashing for the other two)

red *flashing* is the exact same thing as a stop sign.

People who don't know how to get into a traffic circle/roundabout/whatever crack me up, though. My driver's ed teacher made sure to teach us how because the town of my high-school has one of the biggest cluster-fuck rotaries around. So many people think you need to stop if a car is in the roundabout, but if you have room to go in, GO IN. It's a yield sign, not a stop sign. If there's room, don't make the line of cars behind you wait while you're being a scared pussy haha, when I went to college, all of my friends would freak out anytime I'd enter the traffic circle without stopping first, and it's like the easiest one I've ever even seen lol

Another observation: I don't think that many people realize this, but it's actually illegal (at least in many states) to drive in the far left lane as a travel lane. You can only go in if you're passing somebody.

SO many people don't realize that you can't take a right-on-red at a red arrow, too. I've had people flip at me for sitting at the light haha
this.is.everything.people.need.to.k now.

But after doing some quick research, something I don't really do as I mostly drive with common sense. I would stop at a red arrow and wait until green. I havent found official documents, but each state is different and some states allow turning on red arrow...
11:31 AM on 12/29/12 
User Info.
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
Dela-where?
Female
Yeah I was an awful driver and I still got my blue slip (in Delaware you take driver's ed in school, which is cool. One month of a driver's ed class like a normal school class, and then you drive for one period a day with your partner and instructor. Pretty sweet, and it's free).

I was terrified of driving- every time I got in the driver's seat, I would cry. I was absolutely terrified of getting into an accident, etc. However, it gets better with practice, and now driving doesn't really stress me out unless I'm on a major national highway (like I-95) and even then, I can handle it.

Basically, it gets better with practice. Just remember everyone gets nervous. You'll be fine.
11:34 AM on 12/29/12 
User Info.
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
Dela-where?
Female
this.is.everything.people.need.to.k now.

But after doing some quick research, something I don't really do as I mostly drive with common sense. I would stop at a red arrow and wait until green. I havent found official documents, but each state is different and some states allow turning on red arrow...

Truth. I'm pretty sure you can turn on a red arrow in Delaware, because there's one right by my house in order to get on a major state highway, and that's what I've always done, otherwise you'd never be able to get on it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos