AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:48 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
I figure I should begin by giving some background on myself. I'm a twenty year old DJ at a college radio station in New Hampshire and I've lived in New England all my life. I grew up seeing bands like Transit and A Loss For Words rise to prominence, have great friends in my hometown and at college, and have a ridiculous fun radio job, so I shouldn't really complain about my life up to this point. Still, I have a lingering regret that I didn't branch out further and get to see more of the world during my college years.

So, along with a semester out in England, I decided I wanted to send mixtapes to people from each of the fifty states. Here's how it'll work: You, a person from America, leave me a comment or send me a message asking for a mix. Unless the state has been already taken, I'll PM you, asking which state you're currently living in and what you would like out of this mix CD experience. The mix is completely up to you. You can list your favorite bands and/or genres. You can suggest a theme you would like the mix to have (i.e. birthday mix, sex mix, songs to go LARP-ing to), or just tell me to go fucking hog wild and make a random mix of music. And then, cha-ka-khan, I send you a link to your mix, complete with artwork made by yours truly (and my finger paints if I’m feeling crazy) and a mix of music for you to enjoy and show your grandkids one day. No money involved. No spamming. No creepiness. Just a guy who likes making mixtapes spreading music across the states.

tl;dr - If you are a citizen of any of the 50 states, I want to give you a mixtape. I'm not creepy; I just want to send a digital mix to all 50 states. Comment or PM me if you would like said music or want to know more about me/my favorite music/how to ask girls out.
11:39 AM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
Will_000
life is killing me
Staten Island NY
Male - 19 Years Old
this is a cool idea. i'd be down. i'm in new york, attending college in new jersey.
02:39 PM on 08/28/12 
User Info.
Grohl
RATA
FL
Male
Florida. Yo.
03:45 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
jmringsrud
No Avatar Selected
Male - 29 Years Old
Reppin' Texas for a mixtape
12:51 PM on 09/18/12 
User Info.
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
Reppin' Texas for a mixtape
this is a cool idea. i'd be down. i'm in new york, attending college in new jersey.

Shit, I assumed this thread went nowhere until right now. Awesome...I will be happy to make mixes for you all.

Below is a list of the states spoken for thus far. Bold means mix was made and sent, italics mean waiting for confirmation from the commenter or the mix is being worked on:
  • Tennessee
  • Florida
  • Oregon
  • New York
  • New Hampshire
  • Texas
  • Las Vegas
  • Indiana
  • Maine
  • Kentucky
  • Ohio
  • Virginia
  • Montana
  • Colorado
    ---------------------------
    Bonus:
  • Ireland
06:28 AM on 09/27/12 
User Info.
miansaad
No Avatar Selected
Pakistan
Male - 18 Years Old
am extremely impressed with your writing jobs in pakistan skills and also with the layout on your blog.mcitp examsIs this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
06:56 AM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
de1337ed
I hope you made it through December
Fort Wayne, IN
Male - 24 Years Old
Indiana. Im DTF..errr. listen.

Quote:
You can suggest a theme you would like the mix to have (i.e. birthday mix, sex mix, songs to go LARP-ing to

So tempting!
08:32 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
Indiana. Im DTF..errr. listen.

So tempting!

PM sent. Music first, then I might be DTF depending on your enjoyment of the sweet LARP-ing mix I will make.
08:48 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
peacekeeper
No Avatar Selected
Male - 22 Years Old
nice
07:54 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Maine here
03:56 PM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.

Hey, Maine! PM's been sent!

I'm sorry, I just noticed there's a Mr. Miagi emoticon and I got excited.
10:49 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Las Vegas, NV
Female - 20 Years Old
Very cool idea.

I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada! :)
10:11 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Hell I'll give this a shot since there are like four other people from Kentucky on these boards haha
03:46 PM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
jemallearle
No Avatar Selected
Male - 22 Years Old
you can use tune core?
11:51 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
Very cool idea.

I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada! :)
Hell I'll give this a shot since there are like four other people from Kentucky on these boards haha
I'll get around to both of yours soon. A fan in my Macbook just shit the bed, so I think my laptop's out of commission for a bit and I didn't have a recent backup for my music. Should be able to use my work computer though for music...hang tight.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos