AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:08 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
about3fitty
Registered Member
i'm trying to work a trade for AP. his owner has absolute shit RBs. his RB2 is shonn greene. ouch. so i'm offering him any 2 of my RBs not named lesean mccoy. i'd be totally happy with my lineup if i could get AP. apparently this dude is impossible to trade with though. its probably not going to happen.
06:57 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
SSLYBY
Back in the saddle.
Terre Haute, IN
Male - 26 Years Old
Proposed this.

I give: Jimmy Graham
I receive: Marshawn Lynch

I hate not having any RB depth at all, and I'm going to be screwed their bye weeks.

My team.

QB: Cam, Rivers
WR: Megatron, Steve Smith, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown, Reggie Wayne
RB: Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bush, Toby Gerhart
TE: Martellus Bennett

I'm going to buy low on Antonio Gates, and hopefully he starts to show up.
07:02 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
James Jones vs. Indy or Malcolm Floyd vs. New Orleans?
07:16 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
James Jones vs. Indy or Malcolm Floyd vs. New Orleans?
In Floyd's games against really bad pass defenses (Oak, Ten), he's had 10 catches for 175yds and a TD. And NO is a gold-mine, by the fact that James Jones went for 2TD against them last week. I dunno, its hard to sit James Jones after last week, but, I kind of feel like the Packers are gonna roll over the Colts early, so he's not gonna be in a shoot-out. No head coach certainly doesn't help. And if he doesn't catch a TD, he's not that great especially in PPR leagues. Cedrick Benson might get more work if they just run over the Colts.

If it's a PPR league, definitely Floyd. If its non-ppr, its closer, but I might still go Floyd for the match-up.

My team.

QB: Cam, Rivers
WR: Megatron, Steve Smith, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown, Reggie Wayne
RB: Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bush, Toby Gerhart
TE: Martellus Bennett

I'm going to buy low on Antonio Gates, and hopefully he starts to show up.
Yeah, with Lynch there you have your 3 RB's set for as 2RB and flex for all your non-bye weeks, and you can play matchups with your WR. If you're gonna have Gates and Bennett, then yeah, I think it is worth the risk of losing Graham. That said, remember that Lynch is gonna miss at least 2 games at some point, it's just how he is. But the thought of having to start Bush/Gerhart is rough.

I feel like it easier to find TE to slot in each week than it is rb's.
07:26 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Helps you at your weak points but if its PPR, you are giving up a lot for two backs that are losing touches to teammates.
he has AJ Green and Roddy White lol those WRs he would trade are his 3rd and 4th WRs at BEST
Well, and look at his RB's without that trade. Ray Rice and then literally nothing. The week you have to start Daryl Richardson or Brandon Jacobs is the weekend you kill yourself. Even if its one of those insane leagues that are all flex positions, Ray Rice is eventually gonna be on bye, and he has NO other RB's.

Doug Martin is an RB2/flex and Bush is a Tolbert-like vulture. I wouldn't call that combo "depth", but, its better than nothing. ANd with Green/White, one of those two WR's is never playing ever. And Daniels is a throwaway when you get Graham back.

It all depends on the league; based on the fact you even own Jabocs and Massaquoi, I'm gonna guess this is a deep league (14+ teams), in which case, you always take talent when you can get it. If it's non-PPR, thats a winning trade easily.
He changed the terms of the trade before I could agree. He replaced Doug Martin with Armon Binns. I'm still thinking of going for t though.
Yeah, I wouldn't do that. Doug Martin was a starter you'd play consistently, Binns is a big downgrade from either of the WR you are giving up.

I'd counter with taking Binns out and taking out one of your WR (probably Hartline), and if he rejects that, then you can find another trade. With Binns, you are giving up 3 starters for 1 starter and 1 sketchy flex (Bush) and 1 worthless WR. Doug Martin probably got drafted in the top 5 rounds, Binns probably didn't even get drafted. It's a huge talent gap

edit: for perspective, Doug Martin went 65th overall, on average, Binns isn't even ranked. ESPN stops ranking avg draft position at spot 170, and at WR, that starts with Brian Hartline at WR #65 overall. Binns got drafted, on average, 30 spots later at #98, down with Legadu Nanee, Brandon banks, and Terrell Owens
07:52 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
Two spots to fill out of these four players:

Mendenhall, Randall Cobb, Jerome Simpson, Michael Crabtree.

No PPR. Help?
07:58 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
In Floyd's games against really bad pass defenses (Oak, Ten), he's had 10 catches for 175yds and a TD. And NO is a gold-mine, by the fact that James Jones went for 2TD against them last week. I dunno, its hard to sit James Jones after last week, but, I kind of feel like the Packers are gonna roll over the Colts early, so he's not gonna be in a shoot-out. No head coach certainly doesn't help. And if he doesn't catch a TD, he's not that great especially in PPR leagues. Cedrick Benson might get more work if they just run over the Colts.

If it's a PPR league, definitely Floyd. If its non-ppr, its closer, but I might still go Floyd for the match-up. .
Yeah, I was leaning towards Floyd. It's non-PPR. I have Doug Martin on a bye week so I'm already hoping to get something good out of Andre Brown against Cleveland. My only other option is Brandon Bolden but he's questionable with a knee.
08:23 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
<*)))><
Put a T-Shirt On
Oswego,NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Pick 2 Stewart, Kendal Wright or Battle.
08:28 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Yeah, I was leaning towards Floyd. It's non-PPR. I have Doug Martin on a bye week so I'm already hoping to get something good out of Andre Brown against Cleveland. My only other option is Brandon Bolden but he's questionable with a knee.
Yeah, bye weeks suck. One guy in my league has like 7 of his 15 players on bye this week. Think he's gonna have to play no WR3 and no flex unless he drops people
10:41 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Chris M.
Two spots to fill out of these four players:

Mendenhall, Randall Cobb, Jerome Simpson, Michael Crabtree.

No PPR. Help?

Mendenhall and Cobb
10:42 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Chris M.
Cobb @IND or Crabtree v. BUF... have Cobb starting right now. Would you change it?
11:03 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
is forte playing?
06:02 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
jeremyfromva
Going back to my corner to write.
VA BEACH
Male - 32 Years Old
Do you agree with this lineup? I'm torn between starting Steve Smith and Cam Newton. If Newton has a bad day, I don't want Smith to share that bad day. I'm thinking that Matthews and Battle will do well against a shitty NO run defense.

Thoughts? What changes should I make?
06:23 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Practiced fully all week and is listed as probable, so, I'd say yes
06:29 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Do you agree with this lineup? I'm torn between starting Steve Smith and Cam Newton. If Newton has a bad day, I don't want Smith to share that bad day. I'm thinking that Matthews and Battle will do well against a shitty NO run defense.

Thoughts? What changes should I make?
Yeah, its just a little scary to play both Matthews and Battle when you can't be certain how they'll be splitting action. That said, its not any scarier than hoping Smith produces v a good defense. And those two RB combined are probably good for 25 carries and at least 1 TD. Also saves you the trouble of guessing who will get that TD and being wrong

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos