Username
Password

06:22 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
Alabama
Male - 23 Years Old
Those shows are exaclty what I was talking about, the fan-only kind of shows. Causual fans weren't going to those, but they are going to all the other shows

You really think coheed need to appease casual fans at this point? They aren't on a label, the only thing they have on "radio" is a dumbed down version of domino. You really think "casual" coheed fans are the ones going to a show at a 200 max venue? Give me a break. There's no way they have to keep all that I the show, that's fine that they do, but to say they're doing it to appease casual fans is stupid.
06:30 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
YoShitsGoinDown
Long Island, NY
Male - 26 Years Old
Because you can't cater to your fanbase all the time because then you will never gain new fans. they NEED to play the big, catchy singles every single time so that casual fans or new fans are more apt to enjoy the show and attend future shows. You can't just cater to fans.

What they should do is special fan-only shows where they explicitly say they will be playing non-single setlists, but I doubt they would

Fair enough, in that case keep those songs in and add in other to appease both groups. I just feel like that setlist is heavily unbalanced. Towards casual fans, and towards the new album. The latter is fine, the former needs to be balanced with deeper cuts.
07:23 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Mr.Kilgannon
Illuminate
East Lansing, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah, it's them playing the singles, but it's with Josh again, and I can imagine that he's more than excited to play those songs again. They look like they're having a great time playing AFHA and the Suffering.
10:01 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
Reece Wagner
Registered Member
Regina, Sk
Male
I was wrong on my first listen, there are some great tracks especially towards the end. I think Evagria is my favorite. There still isn't much that's blowing me away, but some of the choruses are a lot better than the first time I listened.
10:29 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
i actually dig most of this album a lot. weird.
11:50 AM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
CoheedForever
The Afterman
Redding Ca
Male
Getting my vinyl on Wednsday. That softens the blow of not getting my deluxe edition on time a little bit.
12:14 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
tonyC4L
tech-savvy at-risk youth
Lake Forest, CA
Male - 26 Years Old
I got to pick up my vinyl last night at the Fingerprints show It was a good time for sure, but they only did five songs so of course I wish it went longer. They played The Afterman, A Favor House Atlantic, Goodnight Fair Lady, Mother Superior, and closed with Welcome Home. They did signings afterward too, which was rad since I've never gotten to meet them. It was funny when I pulled out the liner notes/lyrics insert for them to sign and Claudio was like "Whoa this looks awesome! Sorry, we haven't gotten to actually see this yet."
01:00 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
I haven't had time to listen to the album yet, but I really like the title track live
08:38 PM on 10/06/12 
User Info.
CoheedForever
The Afterman
Redding Ca
Male
I got to pick up my vinyl last night at the Fingerprints show It was a good time for sure, but they only did five songs so of course I wish it went longer. They played The Afterman, A Favor House Atlantic, Goodnight Fair Lady, Mother Superior, and closed with Welcome Home. They did signings afterward too, which was rad since I've never gotten to meet them. It was funny when I pulled out the liner notes/lyrics insert for them to sign and Claudio was like "Whoa this looks awesome! Sorry, we haven't gotten to actually see this yet."

That's awesome. I really can't wait till they do a west coast headline tour. I need some live Heed in my life!
11:03 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Evagria is a really, really cool track. This is a good album, way better than the last
11:49 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 26 Years Old
Evagria is a really, really cool track. This is a good album, way better than the last

The "you won't be forgotten" melody at the end is so good. Probably my favorite song on the album. The Vic - Evagria - Subtraction trio is great.
12:16 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
Alabama
Male - 23 Years Old
ive been waiting for evagria ever since the teaser video with that riff was released. time will tell, but this is my favorite on the record so far.
03:33 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
im not too sure how i feel about this album. it's good, but it may only seem good because of how bad YOTBR was. time will tell...but i dont see this having much lasting value. i already dont feel like revisiting much of it.
05:52 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
I actually really like the overall toned down vibe, it seems a bit more layered and smoother than previous albums that were all about the rock, ya know?
06:19 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
Tralfamadorian
This record (or half of a record) is my favorite since GAI. I liked NWFT and to a lesser extent YotBR but the Afterman is amazing. I can see myself listening to it back to front more frequent than any of the others with the exception of IKS.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos