AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:45 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
Male - 27 Years Old
honestly, i don't think i was mature enough for the first Bad Books album when it was released a few years ago. it did kinda like Neutral Milk Hotel's In The Aeroplane Over the Sea: i really hated it after two tracks. then i kinda liked that one track on it... but only sometimes, when my friends weren't looking. then after a couple years, it was one of my favorite albums. i'm thinking that this next Bad Books album will sink a little easier into my heart than it's predecessor. i'm exactly where i need to be for this album to work for me. :)

06:53 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
How could one hate the first two tracks on In the Aeroplane....
07:11 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
NJ
Male
Are the rest of the tracks like the single (Forest Whitaker)? Are they all electronicish like that? I need to check this out. Love that song.
07:38 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
zbrmike79
Ran Away From Home
Katonah, NY
Male - 26 Years Old
it's pretty great. can't wait til i actually have it, rather then a stream.
08:41 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
Male - 27 Years Old
How could one hate the first to tracks on In the Aeroplane....

exactly. that's how i feel now. it's just, there was something going on in my head at the time that insisted it sounded like poop. took 2 years for me to "get" Aeroplane.
08:44 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
Male - 27 Years Old
Are the rest of the tracks like the single (Forest Whitaker)? Are they all electronicish like that? I need to check this out. Love that song.

none of the songs sound the same. if you heard their first album, it's exactly like that, only better, and it feels a little more nurtured and diverse than the first as well.
09:53 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
Miami Fl
Male - 21 Years Old
How could one hate the first to tracks on In the Aeroplane....

Actually the most common opinion about that album that I've seen is that people hate it on their first couple of listens but subsequently fall in love.
11:10 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
NJ
Male
none of the songs sound the same. if you heard their first album, it's exactly like that, only better, and it feels a little more nurtured and diverse than the first as well.

I'm actually not familiar with their first album. "Forest Whitaker" is the only song I know by them. But thanks!
03:14 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm actually not familiar with their first album. "Forest Whitaker" is the only song I know by them. But thanks!

oh. that's cool. to put it simply, the weird-ish 50's guitar sounds with heavy spring reverb, catchy lyrics and melodies, and well thought out progressions are constant in this new album. a couple RAGC sounding songs. very well-rounded in sound as far as mixing synthetic beats in every now and then. the harmonies are my favorite part of most songs, as the contrasting line between andy's and kevin's voices sometimes gets blurred into this beautiful folk/rock and roll hybrid.
03:15 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
MasterKenobi
Catchin' kids in the rye
Florida
Male
I was pretty disappointed with the first Bad Books record honestly, but that's only because my expectations were "Andy + Kevin = omgzz" and it was just kind of...Andy and Kevin playing in a basement for fun. I'm really digging II though.
03:22 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
Male - 27 Years Old
I was pretty disappointed with the first Bad Books record honestly, but that's only because my expectations were "Andy + Kevin = omgzz" and it was just kind of...Andy and Kevin playing in a basement for fun. I'm really digging II though.

i hear ya. the first album, although having a few really good songs, just doesn't flow as well as this one does.
05:19 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
This album is so much better than the first in my opinion. The the first was a bit loose and rushed, II sounds much less sugary and poppy and is a lot more what you would expect from Andy + Kevin. There is only one song I'm not a fan of (No Sides), the rest is good.

Highlights:

The After Party
Forest Whitaker
Pytor
Petite Mort
Ambivalent Peaks

Also - Pytor was for sure a RA,GC! song.
10:37 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Also - Pytor was for sure a RA,GC! song.

It's about Peter the Great.

Sounds very similar to RAGC and deals with similar subject matter. But it's an original song - not on the same path as RAGC.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos