Password
This Thread is Closed.

01:25 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old
Beating A&M and LSU is better than beating up Big 10 teams.

No need to lump in an A&M team that is no better than what's on Notre Dame's resume. I'm not going to shit on 'em because I like Manziel quite a bit, but they've beaten up on Little Sisters of the Poor and needed to rally from down double digits in the fourth quarter last night to beat an Ole Miss team that they trailed for most of the night. Florida has one win you can point to in distinguishing the resumes, but in terms of on-the-field play, there's nothing. Florida gave up as many touchdowns in one game to Tennessee as Notre Dame's given up in their five games combined.
02:04 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
lol. of all the teams in the top 10, I'm pretty sure WVU is the worst. Who the fuck gives up 63 points to Baylor?

Domo always has a massive hard on for anything Big East related. I know WVU isn't in the conference anymore... but it still turns his crank knowing they were once part of it. That's the only reason he irrationally puts them ahead of ND and Florida.

5th in ap, 4th in usa today, 4th in harris interactive, and just for kicks cbssports has them ranked 3rd.
02:05 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
and i just noticed.

USA today doesn't rank Ohio state?
02:06 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
No need to lump in an A&M team that is no better than what's on Notre Dame's resume. I'm not going to shit on 'em because I like Manziel quite a bit, but they've beaten up on Little Sisters of the Poor and needed to rally from down double digits in the fourth quarter last night to beat an Ole Miss team that they trailed for most of the night. Florida has one win you can point to in distinguishing the resumes, but in terms of on-the-field play, there's nothing. Florida gave up as many touchdowns in one game to Tennessee as Notre Dame's given up in their five games combined.

Like I said beating A&M and LSU is better than beating Big 10 teams. I like ND but other than Ohio State, the big 10 isn't looking so hot right now.
02:17 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
I'm not talking specially this week dude. Notre Dame has had a far tougher schedule and were ranked ahead of Florida. No way I would say Florida is the better team at this point in the season.

True, but Florida had a more impressive win this week which holds more weight in the polls that are judged on a week-by-week basis. If this is where they should be overall then absolutely Notre Dame > Kansas State > West Virginia > Florida. Not this week though.
02:17 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
and i just noticed.

USA today doesn't rank Ohio state?

USA today is part of the BCS rank system. I don't know if AP is or not. Doesn't matter. I'd like to have them rated. It's more of a punishment if the #6 team goes undefeated yet can't go to a bowl or conference championship.
02:20 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
True, but Florida had a more impressive win this week which holds more weight in the polls that are judged on a week-by-week basis. If this is where they should be overall then absolutely Notre Dame > Kansas State > West Virginia > Florida. Not this week though.
Yeah I can see your week to week point and agree with it.
02:50 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old
Like I said beating A&M and LSU is better than beating Big 10 teams. I like ND but other than Ohio State, the big 10 isn't looking so hot right now.

We're judging individual teams, not conferences. Outside of LSU(and they could easily prove to not be top 10 caliber after the next stretch of games), nobody would seriously distinguish between the other teams each has beaten. In fact, all these teams(A&M, Michigan, Michigan State, Miami) have only lost to teams who are currently undefeated and in the top 10.
07:52 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
5th in ap, 4th in usa today, 4th in harris interactive, and just for kicks cbssports has them ranked 3rd.

They're all drinking the Geno kool aid. No biggie though. He's worthy of the hype. I just hate their defense. There are plenty of teams ranked lower that could beat West Virginia.
11:42 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Lame. OU (as in, Ohio University) deserves some love with that 25 spot. Fuck Michigan and their slot receiver QB.

they're not going to get much love all year. that schedule will be impossible to defend. I picked them as an 'over' in the beginning of the year because that schedule could not be any easier.

the win over penn state actually looks impressive, but other than that, it's not much to look at. They don't even have Toledo or Northern Illinois on their schedule. They can very well go undefeated and not even be ranked in the top 12 (earning an auto bcs birth). Plus, it's not as if they've looked dominant over the past two weeks against awful opponents like Buffalo and UMASS.
11:45 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
look out for LA Tech to possibly run the table to nab a bcs bowl birth. they've cracked the top 25 all ready, Next week they play A&M. That'll be the test. An undefeated season with wins @Virginia, @Illinois, and A&M should be enough (even though none of those teams are amazing..but definitely enough to possibly get them into the top 12).

also, if only LA-Monroe could've snagged that win over baylor. They'd have a SLIGHT chance at cracking the top 12 with 1 loss and wins over Arknasas and Baylor.
11:49 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Michigan the only 2-loss team ranked. Yeah, okay.

i wouldve put iowa state in there isntead of Michigan. Tulsa, @TCU, and @Iowa > Air Force, UMASS, Purdue
02:32 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
look out for LA Tech to possibly run the table to nab a bcs bowl birth. they've cracked the top 25 all ready, Next week they play A&M. That'll be the test. An undefeated season with wins @Virginia, @Illinois, and A&M should be enough (even though none of those teams are amazing..but definitely enough to possibly get them into the top 12).

also, if only LA-Monroe could've snagged that win over baylor. They'd have a SLIGHT chance at cracking the top 12 with 1 loss and wins over Arknasas and Baylor.

lol. You can't be serious. LA Tech is not gonna play in a BCS bowl.
07:55 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
In case you were wondering why they are called The Best Damn Band in the Land:

Pure awesomeness with the video game tribute.
11:21 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
lol. You can't be serious. LA Tech is not gonna play in a BCS bowl.

all ready 23rd in ap...all they have to do is jump 11 spots in 6 weeks. Totally possible with still one quality game on the schedule (a 4-1 sec team). We'll talk again after that game, because this whole thing becomes moot if they lose.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos