AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:39 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Takk...Ros
No, I am not sorry
Female - 21 Years Old
Does no one realize how traumatizing it would be to rape victims to be forced to prove they're eligible for an abortion? Do you not realize how few cases of rape make it to court? And how even fewer rapists are actually convicted? Does no one know that women are most likely to be raped by somebody they know? And how acquaintance rape is consistently written off? How the only rape deemed "legitimate" in most cases is when a stranger jumps out from the bushes and attacks a woman? And how that is almost never how it happens? Do you not understand that an outlaw on abortion with an exception for rape would lead to A FUCKING LOT of rape victims carrying their pregnancy to term because they wouldn't be able to prove it? And even the ones who could prove it would be victimized again in that process. It is an absolutely heartless policy. It is heartless to women who have an unintended pregnancy for reasons you look down on and it is heartless to the women you supposedly have empathy for. If you don't want to force women who have been raped into having their rapist's baby, you have to allow abortion for everybody.
01:47 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Umad? Just kidding
02:13 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Takk...Ros
No, I am not sorry
Female - 21 Years Old
i dunno how my vote about taxes not being used to pay for somone's abortion (which turned out to be my unintended vote against women's right to privacy over abortion due to tricky language) has to do with rape but alright.
My post really had nothing to do with you. I think it was someone else who was talking about being okay with abortion only in cases of rape. I also know my comment was a little off topic, but I've had those thoughts swirling in my head a lot lately with the renewed vigor to limit women's reproductive rights popping up everywhere.
02:34 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Vote out Voldemort '14
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
My post really had nothing to do with you. I think it was someone else who was talking about being okay with abortion only in cases of rape. I also know my comment was a little off topic, but I've had those thoughts swirling in my head a lot lately with the renewed vigor to limit women's reproductive rights popping up everywhere.
it's aight i forgive you
03:54 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
LifeOfDefiance
No Avatar Selected
Male - 23 Years Old
So can I not pay for the wars we're in? Or for the tax breaks oil companies receive? Is there a sheet I fill out that gives me options of which things I'd like to contribute towards?
Never implied that there was, but if I get a chance to vote for something I don't agree with or want to pay for I'm certainly not going to vote it in. Obviously if it was voted in, I wouldn't have much of a choice but to pay it.

Sure, there's a certain risk in anything you do. You enter into a social contract by living here. This country is designed to make sure one mistake doesn't ruin their lives. I'm sorry you're not in favor of that just so you can hang on to a couple dollars.
I just don't see why it's my responsibility. It's not so much the couple dollars or this one cause that I'm worried about. It's the general direction of this type of thinking. What if they need a car now? I mean I'm already paying for the abortion, might as while throw in a little more money and get them a car too. I mean, it would just be selfish of me not to and deny them the liberty of owning their own vehicle.
11:39 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
Takk...Ros
No, I am not sorry
Female - 21 Years Old
Full control over your health and body is comparable to getting a vehicle? See also: slippery slope. It's a fallacy.
09:03 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
bung
Peel slowly and see
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 26 Years Old
Two measures on the 2012 ballot in MN:

1. Recognition of marriage solely between one man and one woman.
2. Photo ID required for voting.

I will be voting yes on both.

Just kidding, I'll be voting no. Anyway, I really doubt either will pass.
09:58 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
apoemtothedead
ppppppppttttttttt.
TX
Male - 26 Years Old
voted yes for the amendment to totally exempt or partially exempt widowed spouses of veterans and first responders who died in the line of service from paying state property tax.
another one you'd have to be a dick to vote against.
Not quite sure how thinking everybody that owns property should pay property taxes makes me a dick.
11:25 PM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
Dan1234
Does no one realize how traumatizing it would be to rape victims to be forced to prove they're eligible for an abortion? Do you not realize how few cases of rape make it to court? And how even fewer rapists are actually convicted? Does no one know that women are most likely to be raped by somebody they know? And how acquaintance rape is consistently written off? How the only rape deemed "legitimate" in most cases is when a stranger jumps out from the bushes and attacks a woman? And how that is almost never how it happens? Do you not understand that an outlaw on abortion with an exception for rape would lead to A FUCKING LOT of rape victims carrying their pregnancy to term because they wouldn't be able to prove it? And even the ones who could prove it would be victimized again in that process. It is an absolutely heartless policy. It is heartless to women who have an unintended pregnancy for reasons you look down on and it is heartless to the women you supposedly have empathy for. If you don't want to force women who have been raped into having their rapist's baby, you have to allow abortion for everybody.

While i agree with your stance on abortion and even taxpayer funding for abortion, i disagree with you claiming that the people who are against abortion are heartless. They have a different view of what abortion is(they honestly view it as a murder of a baby) than you. I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and i definately agree with you on policy, but the people trying to ban abortions are not doing it because they are evil and heartless.
02:17 PM on 10/20/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire
in maryland, there's a line on the ballot asking to approve of the congressional redistricting. though the redistricting will like help the democratic party, i'm voting against it because the new districts are absolutely atrocious and i'm against partisan redistricting in principle anyway.
10:50 PM on 10/31/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 19 Years Old
in maryland, there's a line on the ballot asking to approve of the congressional redistricting. though the redistricting will like help the democratic party, i'm voting against it because the new districts are absolutely atrocious and i'm against partisan redistricting in principle anyway.

Do you support an independent group doing it?
04:36 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire
Do you support an independent group doing it?
a non-partisan, independent group, yes.
07:41 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 19 Years Old
a non-partisan, independent group, yes.

Then I'd support that. Too bad I never see that happening.
07:48 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
stupid question... where can I see the amendments on the ballot before I go to vote?
07:51 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 19 Years Old
Just search "what ever state you live in ballot" some state website should pop up then you enter your address and your ballot should pop up.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos