Username
Password

03:30 AM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
xRadioJoyx
Perth, WA
Female
Yep. This is me. I can't even fathom that there are exclusively only AVA fans

So we got a Sydney sidewave or what yet??
So keen beans for soundwave!!!

Yeah there's one in each city BUT surprisingly not one in Perth! Haven't been announced yet but I've stalked the fuck out of the organizers twitter over the past month so I'm confident in this. I was meant to go to all of them but they are doing Adelaide on the way back from Perth so I dunno now. Stuffs up my plan.
10:17 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old
So even though people with their own bands have a different thread to talk about it, I just wanted to share that my band (which is also a trio) was asked to perform a blink-182 cover set on a festival called "The Kids Aren't Alright", in the campus of a big university here this week.

What do you guys think of the set-list?

Dumpweed
Up All Night
Anthem Pt. 2
Feeling This
What's My Age Again
Go
Mutt
Violence
Down
Easy Target
Stay Together For The Kids
Always
Happy Holidays, You Bastard
Story of a Lonely Guy
I Miss You
After Midnight
The Rock Show
First Date
Josie
All The Small Things
Fuck a Dog
Dammit
10:38 PM on 10/07/12 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
Any disagreement over your inclusion of any songs from Neighborhoods is offset by my excitement over Down, Go, and Easy Target.
05:35 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 24 Years Old
So even though people with their own bands have a different thread to talk about it, I just wanted to share that my band (which is also a trio) was asked to perform a blink-182 cover set on a festival called "The Kids Aren't Alright", in the campus of a big university here this week.

What do you guys think of the set-list?

Dumpweed
Up All Night
Anthem Pt. 2
Feeling This
What's My Age Again
Go
Mutt
Violence
Down
Easy Target
Stay Together For The Kids
Always
Happy Holidays, You Bastard
Story of a Lonely Guy
I Miss You
After Midnight
The Rock Show
First Date
Josie
All The Small Things
Fuck a Dog
Dammit

I think that I wish blink would play a setlist more like this one.
06:16 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
i would have picked half the set to be singles and the other half to be deep cuts. i mean, come on! you're making your own blink-182 setlist, essentially. show no mercy!

i would have liked to see some more Dude Ranch stuff on there. like Pathetic, Emo, Dick Lips, Waggy, or Enthused. and i (of course) would have been stoked if 21 Days was on there. and where is Carousel??
06:53 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
Killeen, TX
Male - 27 Years Old
Will there be video of said show?
07:28 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
ChaseTx
Yeah they've been together for fucking ever, since before Urethra Chronicles Part I that's for sure, at least. Both of them and their wives.

I don't think blink were that huge when they met though were they? I think either Mark or Tom met their wives while on the set for All The Small Things, but I could be wrong.

Even so, she's hot as hell. Good job, Mark.
"All The Small Things" was written for Tom's now-wife, and Mark was with his at least before MT&TS

Actually, I believe Mark's wife was working at MTV or something and Tom asked her out on behalf of Mark, haha
08:46 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
punkcrap
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old
i would have picked half the set to be singles and the other half to be deep cuts. i mean, come on! you're making your own blink-182 setlist, essentially. show no mercy!

i would have liked to see some more Dude Ranch stuff on there. like Pathetic, Emo, Dick Lips, Waggy, or Enthused. and i (of course) would have been stoked if 21 Days was on there. and where is Carousel??

Yeah I agree man, unfortunately our lead singer/guitarist is not a blink addict like myself, so we had to go with the songs he already knows/remembers, since the show is this thursday and we only rehearsed yesterday. I miss Reckless Abandon, M+Ms, Carousel and Waggy so much on this set hahaha
08:49 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
mazerfaka
Sweden
Male - 26 Years Old
More synths!! I'm sorry but I love when Blink uses synth. Sexy.

GTFO!!
09:15 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
CoheedForever
The Afterman
Redding Ca
Male

ha. I was waiting for that.
10:14 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Clockwise
Running on Fruit Snacks
Connecticut
Male - 21 Years Old
I like the use of synths as well, actually. I don't think it makes them sound like AVA, whenever blink uses synths it still has a cool blink vibe to me.
03:04 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
mazerfaka
Sweden
Male - 26 Years Old
I like the use of synths as well, actually. I don't think it makes them sound like AVA, whenever blink uses synths it still has a cool blink vibe to me.

NOOO!!

There is actually a Swedish band that's currently recording the whole "Neighborhoods" album as it should have sounded...
Blink must have the most hardcore fans ever..

They have also made alot of AVA songs in pop punk fashion, and all blink 182's acoustic songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfYll7bta0

haha talk about ambition
03:10 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
xRadioJoyx
Perth, WA
Female
it 'should have sounded' however the fuck blink-182 made it sound. it's their album... gosh people are stupid
05:59 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
punkcrap
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old

There is actually a Swedish band that's currently recording the whole "Neighborhoods" album as it should have sounded...

Even though I'm a huge fan of pop-punk, I'm always glad to listen to blink doing their own thing and growing out of this genre. Personally I like their self-titled/neighborhoods songs better than the beggining of their career.

Nevertheless, this band is doing great covers!
07:52 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
ChaseTx
I'm not a big fan of pop-punk for the most part, so it's whatever. Blink's best album is not a pop-punk album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos