AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Nightmare of You/Nightmares For A Week Song Streams

Posted by - 09:51 AM on 10/08/12
Remember Nightmare of You? They've always been a favorite of the AP.net staff and we're thrilled to exclusively bring you a new song from the band's upcoming Nightmares 7" split with the punk group Nightmares For A Week. As an added bonus, we're also streaming a new NFAW song from the split as well. You can stream both songs in the replies as well as pre-order the split from Paper + Plastick here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
09:51 AM on 10/08/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
"Box Of Hops" - Nightmare of You

"Mr. Grimm" - Nightmares For A Week
09:55 AM on 10/08/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Thanks Drew, we're really excited about working with NOY and hopefully some people will check out the NFAW song as well, I love that band.
10:04 AM on 10/08/12
fgevilmonkey
Bitches ain't shit
User Info.
Amazing that it's been 8 years since NOY first released their demos. I really thought they were going places back then but the band never evolved. This is a pleasant song, though.
10:08 AM on 10/08/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Is nightmare of you going to start being more active again? And where the hell are my new cathedrals lps?
10:11 AM on 10/08/12
GoWaitInTheCar
The World Won't Listen.
User Info.
NOY was looking like they were gonna take off and then Brandon had a few issues come up, they ended up making their new (at the time) recorded songs as an EP instead of an LP. Then they disappeared. With all their momentum gone they released an LP years later and nothing came of it.

I don't know if they can re-light that fire but I'd love for Nightmare of You to be a household name.
10:21 AM on 10/08/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
This is the best NOY song in a while. NFAW have always been cool and this track sounds killer. Looking forward to this.
10:42 AM on 10/08/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
NOY was looking like they were gonna take off and then Brandon had a few issues come up, they ended up making their new (at the time) recorded songs as an EP instead of an LP. Then they disappeared. With all their momentum gone they released an LP years later and nothing came of it.

I don't know if they can re-light that fire but I'd love for Nightmare of You to be a household name.
Their second full length was so bittersweet because there actually were some great tracks on there but the whole thing was plagued with poor production and it just didn't sound like they were able to make it into what they wanted. I really, really love the band though
10:47 AM on 10/08/12
George_mm
Life finds a way
User Info.

Definitely thought NOY was going to end up being huge, such a shame when stuff like that happens.
11:34 AM on 10/08/12
Bigbeat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love the new NFAW song. MR. GRIMM!!!!!!
12:10 PM on 10/08/12
Lawliet
I have learned to love the lie
User Info.
Thank you so much for this. I have loved this band so much and was thankfully able to see them once before their hiatus. Come back to us, NOY, we miss you. Oh, and the new song sounds fucking fantastic. Loving this other song from the other band too.
12:28 PM on 10/08/12
themattrace
User Info.
This is absolutely allowed. Yes.
12:37 PM on 10/08/12
Dan1boy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Count me in as another NOY fan of their first, incredible album. Brandon and the boys should've been huge stars by now. Can't understand why it didn't catch on. Bad publicist? Bad timing? Who knows. This tune is great. Looking forward to more.
12:43 PM on 10/08/12
grimis16
User Info.
I literally am Mr. Grimm. Seems like I have a new theme song :)
12:55 PM on 10/08/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Digging the new NFAW song

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT