Username
Password

03:37 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
Decent enough episode. They still need to touch on Brian and Rita. It's getting back on track though.
04:20 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
PepsiOne
Los Angeles, CA
Male
Show seems to be pulling a 180. Still dumb in certain aspects, but it's not the mess it's been as of the last few years. It's not wasting any time and the stakes feel real. I'm loving the Dexter/Deb relationship as it is right now.
04:22 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Decent enough episode. They still need to touch on Brian and Rita. It's getting back on track though.
They'll touch on both aspects I'm sure, but you can't just cram everything in the first couple episodes
04:29 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
They'll touch on both aspects I'm sure, but you can't just cram everything in the first couple episodes
Yeah I expected as much.
05:20 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
L.I.
Male - 24 Years Old
Show seems to be pulling a 180. Still dumb in certain aspects, but it's not the mess it's been as of the last few years. It's not wasting any time and the stakes feel real. I'm loving the Dexter/Deb relationship as it is right now.

This, this, this and bolded this.
03:13 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
SeanGather
It's too bad she won't live
Glasgow, Scotland
Male - 29 Years Old

Almost exactly what I came in to say. Best moment of the episode was definitely Deb's "I am the worst fucking detective in the world", because I have lost count of how many times I've said that in the last year.

Obviously the Russian gangster subplot is there to tie things up with Dexter and what he does, but it just doesn't feel as interesting or as vital as the Dexter / Deb stuff and I can't imagine how that will change.
12:04 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
Buffalo NY
Male - 28 Years Old
When Dex was explaining how he 'sees blood', it was the first time that I was actually creeped the fuck out by him since season 1.
12:06 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
geebee889
Registered Goober
Woodstock, GA
Female - 25 Years Old
When Dex was explaining how he 'sees blood', it was the first time that I was actually creeped the fuck out by him since season 1.

Agreed. Just the way he was talking about it...so creepy.
12:13 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
I thought the same thing during that bit and figured there'd be other people who thought the same. They should go further into just showing how fucked up he is I think, and showing him talking about it's a good way to go.
12:58 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old
Does this show really start to get bad? It's so disappointing to hear that because I've been so into this show. Almost finished with season 2.
05:50 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
I don't think it's gotten bad. I still look forward to every episode.
06:57 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
leighm13
London, UK
Male - 28 Years Old
Yeah, I don't think it's gotten bad really. I think that because Season 4 was so strong, it's inevitably failed to live up to heightened expectations since then. S5 was probably my least favourite, but S6 had it's moments.
08:46 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
kidwithhelmet
MINNESNOWTA
Male - 28 Years Old
Does this show really start to get bad? It's so disappointing to hear that because I've been so into this show. Almost finished with season 2.

Yeah, I don't think it's gotten bad really. I think that because Season 4 was so strong, it's inevitably failed to live up to heightened expectations since then. S5 was probably my least favourite, but S6 had it's moments.

Honestly, yeah it does start to get "that bad." Season 4 was pretty awesome, with a great back half. Jon Lithgow is in it, and he's the shit. But I can't agree with the poster above becuase even then, the story line was beginning to become stale and unimaginative. Season 5 & 6 were complete wastes, outside of a few moments that directly correlate to the current season. My roomate hasn't seen either of those seasons and quite honestly, I feel I could save him 24 hours by just summarizing the key plotpoints in 5 minutes. You could make the case that every TV series that has a run of longer than 5 years has at least 1 season that was somewhat phoned in, but at least the ride was enjoyable. Season 5 & 6 weren't. I don't know how else to describe it other than by saying it started to feel a bit like a dumb mans show. People are being killed so bro's like it, but there was a serious lack of substance and storytelling.

But everything written recently is spot on. This season has so far brought me back to the first season of Dexter, where the audience is still a bit shocked at what this man is and the thought process that surrounds him.
08:48 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
Brooklyn, NY
Male
5 and 6 suuuuuuuuucked

Enjoying this season so far but I'm still cautious

I like the pacing so far. Hope they don't get too crazy and lump too much nonsense in the span of 3 episodes or so
09:06 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
SeanGather
It's too bad she won't live
Glasgow, Scotland
Male - 29 Years Old
Honestly, yeah it does start to get "that bad." Season 4 was pretty awesome, with a great back half. Jon Lithgow is in it, and he's the shit. But I can't agree with the poster above becuase even then, the story line was beginning to become stale and unimaginative. Season 5 & 6 were complete wastes, outside of a few moments that directly correlate to the current season. My roomate hasn't seen either of those seasons and quite honestly, I feel I could save him 24 hours by just summarizing the key plotpoints in 5 minutes. You could make the case that every TV series that has a run of longer than 5 years has at least 1 season that was somewhat phoned in, but at least the ride was enjoyable. Season 5 & 6 weren't. I don't know how else to describe it other than by saying it started to feel a bit like a dumb mans show. People are being killed so bro's like it, but there was a serious lack of substance and storytelling.

But everything written recently is spot on. This season has so far brought me back to the first season of Dexter, where the audience is still a bit shocked at what this man is and the thought process that surrounds him.

Nailed it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version