punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
I can't stop watching this.
i watched it like 15 times just catch the other members reactions
12:44 AM on 10/09/12
NationalProduct
User Info.
Story behind or not, that was insanely uncalled for and disrespectful. I cannot believe he would embarrass and humiliate another human being like that. I have lost all respect for Kris regardless of what the back story is with Rob. You do not degrade someone like that in front of other people like that for any reason. You have some class and tact and you discuss that shit backstage afterwards and get through it, get over it and move on. Shit like this makes me shake my head in shame, so Rob, without knowing you, or the situation, im just going to apologize that you had to even experience that. You obviously love what you do, and its your passion to make music and you do it behind a drumset. Im just a fucking singer, one trick pony and I cant even imagine what its like to use all your hands like a fucking octopus because I can barely work two of them. I feel like drumming is like me having a mic and knowing basic algebra and drummers are like nuclear physicists. Keep doing what you do, but do it for people that value you as a musician, a friend and a human being. Aloha man, wishing you the best in your future moves. Shake rattle and roll
12:54 AM on 10/09/12
CoreyMadVillain
http://www.villainsltd.com
User Info.
Story behind or not, that was insanely uncalled for and disrespectful. I cannot believe he would embarrass and humiliate another human being like that. I have lost all respect for Kris regardless of what the back story is with Rob. You do not degrade someone like that in front of other people like that for any reason. You have some class and tact and you discuss that shit backstage afterwards and get through it, get over it and move on. Shit like this makes me shake my head in shame, so Rob, without knowing you, or the situation, im just going to apologize that you had to even experience that. You obviously love what you do, and its your passion to make music and you do it behind a drumset. Im just a fucking singer, one trick pony and I cant even imagine what its like to use all your hands like a fucking octopus because I can barely work two of them. I feel like drumming is like me having a mic and knowing basic algebra and drummers are like nuclear physicists. Keep doing what you do, but do it for people that value you as a musician, a friend and a human being. Aloha man, wishing you the best in your future moves. Shake rattle and roll
Well said. While Kris is going to be playing to 50 kids for the rest of this tour and beyond, Rob will be headed to the UK next week to play guitar in front of 1,000-2,000 kids every night. He's better off full time with his dudes who truly care about him!
01:01 AM on 10/09/12
NationalProduct
User Info.
Well said. While Kris is going to be playing to 50 kids for the rest of this tour and beyond, Rob will be headed to the UK next week to play guitar in front of 1,000-2,000 kids every night. He's better off full time with his dudes who truly care about him!
man, life is too fucking short and i spent my years touring the world with my best friends, would not trade it for nothing. I was lucky last year and got to sing for Pennywise (the band that got me into music) and it was like a dream/hero/mindblowing situation i never dreamed possible and i did it, because who would turn that down. I bet Rob felt the same way "drumming for Ataris, FUCK YES!!!!" so having all that amazing exciting feeling sucked right out of him and replaced with such a shitty negative situation breaks my heart for him man. I was in Spain, singing in front of 20k people and playing shows, drinking beers, partying and having dinner with guys from Bad Religion, Bouncing Souls, The Adicts, Wilhelm Scream, and a ton of other amazing bands and I never took it for granted. I fucking cried on the tour bus when Brian Baker sat me down and had a heart to heart with me cause I knew... man, this will never happen again, this is such a fucking special moment and its happening to me... thats how I used to feel when I listen to the first few Ataris records too man. They remind me of epic childhood memories and I bet same for Rob. I only wish he got the experience I had but you know what, the universe has a way of taking care of both situations, good and bad and there you go, like you said... Rob will be in UK shredding to 1-2k kids fucking amped with his bros! I love it. Sweet confirmation that good gets good.
03:11 AM on 10/09/12
rob18244
born and raised.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What an absolute fucking moron.
03:20 AM on 10/09/12
-whisp-
HelixSkies
User Info.
This makes me unbelievably sad.

Was going to say the same thing. Pretty upsetting.
04:24 AM on 10/09/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
I just don't see why he would close Ataris' Facebook account. He could just not allow people to post on the timeline if that's the problem
04:24 AM on 10/09/12
DaRkHoRsE19
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rob is a good friend of mine & my circle of friends. It's hard to find a more genuine and down to Earth dude who has worked his ass off at his craft to be where he is now with the rest of Patent Pending and this is just an absolute disgrace coming from a man whose ego is bigger than it ever should be. I spent summer after summer with a lot of So Long Astoria spinning.. but that was then and I guarantee you it will never happen again now.

Lost a long-time fan on this.

Love you Rob.

-M
04:45 AM on 10/09/12
Feenucks
www.thisglassembrace.band camp.com
User Info.
Rob messed up a few times, but so what? it's punk rock. let it be sloppy.

LOL
05:05 AM on 10/09/12
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
this balding pudgy cunt has no place in the spotlight
05:10 AM on 10/09/12
kswizzle
Constants Arent So Constant Anymore
User Info.
this just brought back the memory of when I saw them play at Rutgers while they were writing "Welcome the Night." He gets the mic and says "that song was about me overdosing on PCP on a train. here's one you might know" and he then played The Saddest Song. I was dumbfounded.
06:38 AM on 10/09/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
If I was the drummer, I'd fucking beat the shit out of Kris on stage. I understand being unprepared and sort of shocked at what he did, but I wish the drummer showed a little more pride
06:41 AM on 10/09/12
Miss Heartcore
If I look back, I am lost.
User Info.
TDS members only come into news threads to troll people right? I want to believe it's trolling.
08:23 AM on 10/09/12
wakeupgomer
Just here for the drinks.
User Info.
He must be upset about his receding hairline. I saw him do an acoustic show in Tallahassee a good seven years ago and it was bad then. I can only imagine how bad it is now.
I was there. And it was the worst show I've ever paid money to see. And that's saying something. I'm so glad someone else experienced the same crappy show.
08:27 AM on 10/09/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
rob's an awesome dude and doesn't deserve this treatment, he was doing kris a favor by playing drums for him currently anyways, he used to play guitar. kris is old and jaded, my friend in dallas saw him a couple weeks ago and he said that kris just seemed like he hated life, well yeah, you peaked in the early 2000's and no one gives a shit about you or your 'band' anymore. he hates pop punk but he knows kids aren't going to come out if he doesn't play what they want to hear. the guy has been and always will be a joke. much love to rob. miss you buddy.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS