Username
Password

11:35 PM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Happiness is just a moment.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
Here in Australia, unless you go to university interstate, I think generally, most people live at home. It's an entirely different experience.
This.

Ever found yourself wanting the 'American College Experience' though?
01:01 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I commute to a poor quality state school because I was forced to.
Everyone there tho lives in dorms at apartments nearby so I'm an outcast basically. My parents are natzis and wish I never left the house.
I am barely home so they treat me like garbage.
06:10 PM on 09/24/12 
User Info.
wecameaswaffles
39/smooth
Cambridge
Female - 18 Years Old
I've always wanted to go live at school. My parents say they don't want me to leave and they always tell me that I should just commute (I plan to go to school in Boston, about an hour away. I know my parents will be ecstatic when I leave anyway.). I'd rather be a part of the campus to get involved, be on my own, and enjoy myself. I think everyone should go off if they can, you need to break away from home at some point. I'm excited to get out and experience taking care of myself. My parents are down my throat about everything constantly, and I'm only trying to get a feel of what I think is right. I understand they love me and that;s their job, but I want to make my own mistakes, they try to guide me like I'm 9.
01:41 AM on 09/29/12 
User Info.
vendysqa
vendysqa
cz
Female - 26 Years Old
I was living with my parents when I was going to my first college. There wasn't so much an issue with living with them, bigger issue was that I basically knew no one in school since they all were living together in dorm. Then I change schools, move to another city, lived in dorm and it was the happiest time of my life actually.
02:07 AM on 09/29/12 
User Info.
caityconundrum
kiss me like you want to be loved
Inland Empire, CA
Female - 24 Years Old
I'm in my fifth year and still living at home and I feel like I'm so far behind on so many things compared with other people I graduated high school with/other people that went away to school. I commute too so I never got involved with anything until last year when I was on the school paper for a few quarters. I'm hella lucky that my parents wanted to put me through school and were willing to pay for it but they also like to throw that in my face constantly if/when I'm unemployed or they don't agree with my other extra curricular activities lol.
10:32 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
jenicepek
No Avatar Selected
Stafford
Female - 27 Years Old
Till we give them space and don't create a problem for them, I don't think parents would think of staying away from their child. I am in college and live with my parents. They care for me, love me and become worried if I talk about shifting or so. Try analyzing the condition again and then decide.

Bed bug extermination nyc
03:54 PM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
jemallearle
No Avatar Selected
Male - 22 Years Old
i live at home and it sucks
04:22 PM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
My school is five hours away from home. Yeah I live without parents. Two years of college residence living. Old ass shit houses last year to brand new apartment building this year. It's great, it's an experience.
05:24 PM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
My roommate grew up about 90 minutes from where we go to school, and she has yet to spend a single weekend at our apartment, she just goes home. Even when she's here during the week, she never goes out or does anything besides go to class and study. I'm not the most social guy out there and I understand being close to your family, but I can't help but feel like she's missing out on a big part of what college is all about, not to mention paying hundreds of dollars a month for an apartment she hardly uses.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos