AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Wind In Sails

Posted by - 06:03 AM on 10/11/12
Vanna founding member Evan Pharmakis left the band earlier this year to pursue a solo project. Dubbed Wind In Sails, he will release his debut album, Brighter Days, tomorrow. In the mean time, you can listen to a song from the effort, "Deep Down," on his AP.net profile. If you liked his clean vocals and guitar work in Vanna, you'll enjoy this City and Colour-esque side of him.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
06:19 AM on 10/11/12
GiantSRH
Boss Hog
User Info.
All the tracks released so far are really good. Can't wait for tomorrow. Way to go Evan!
06:29 AM on 10/11/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Can't wait for Vanna to break up in 2013 and then have a reunion tour with Evan in 2014.
07:42 AM on 10/11/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Can't wait for Vanna to break up in 2013 and then have a reunion tour with Evan in 2014.
Don't hold your breath
07:51 AM on 10/11/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.

Well if the trend sets...
08:27 AM on 10/11/12
Khouse89
Welcome to Greyhound Nation
User Info.
Wind in sails is great
08:55 AM on 10/11/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Wow, I like it.
09:13 AM on 10/11/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
This is great.
09:39 AM on 10/11/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Well if the trend sets...
Vanna is recording their new record in between tours, they wont break up in 2013. ATCBB is their best record yet, hopefully they can only get better, even without Evan. They were the band to beat on Warped this year, it was between them and ETID.
09:56 AM on 10/11/12
MATTY-AL4W
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
very great solo artist! strong vocals
10:04 AM on 10/11/12
inthiscrowdedrm
Live Free.Die Free.
User Info.
Evan is a master at his craft. The album is BEAUTIFUL! I hope when he drops it, he blows up and can make WIS into something even bigger!
10:20 AM on 10/11/12
nothanks666
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow, this is garbage. New singer sounds way better, less whiny. Get over it.
10:24 AM on 10/11/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
very great solo artist! strong vocals
Not really a fan of r&b or pop, but im digging class of 92, good job man.
10:27 AM on 10/11/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Vanna is recording their new record in between tours, they wont break up in 2013. ATCBB is their best record yet, hopefully they can only get better, even without Evan. They were the band to beat on Warped this year, it was between them and ETID.

I was honestly just making a joke regarding the insane amount of bands doing so. But, since you brought it up, Vanna couldn't ever hold a flame to ETID.
11:09 AM on 10/11/12
EvanInSails
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys,
Thanks so much for checking out what I'm doing now. Vanna was a big part of my life. I wrote most of the music/songs and tried my best to write meaningful lyrics that could help people through tough times. I eventually grew out of the life style and misery of being around people who I truly didn't see eye to eye with. That's what this song "deep down" is about. And it's funny that one same person is still talking shit at any chance he can get, I know who you are jackass. Honestly, I don't care if him or anyone else dislike what I'm doing. I'm really happy with where I am, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. And as far as the new Vanna goes, lets see how the record comes out. Considering Chris Campbell and I wrote 80% of ATCBB I don't think it's gonna sound much like that. But who knows, lets wish them the best right?! Anyway Wind In Sails is moving along...my record "Brighter Days" will be released soon...I hope you enjoy it. Thank you endlessly for the support, it means the world!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos