Username
Password

02:25 PM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
karadoll
Open up a little happiness today.
Texas
Female - 22 Years Old
Got it earlier, along with Uno!, and When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes, so I'll probably listen later tonight or tomorrow. Pretty excited about it all.
04:26 PM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
Southern California
Female
I don't dig it that much, but it's on par with Nothing Personal for me. SWIR > TPS > NP = DP >>>>>>> DW.

Overall, it's a good album, but the hooks aren't as strong as any of their previous releases and a couple badly placed filler songs disrupt the flow (Irony,
Backseat Serenade, etc.) I don't get why they used so many sharps and flats in the vocal melodies, that stuff works for Bayside but it sounds a bit strange on a pop-rock/pop-punk album. oh and Somewhere In Neverland is the only song that's "hit me", but hopefully that'll change when I give it some more time.

As for the songs:

1. Somewhere In Neverland
2. So Long Soldier
3. If These Sheets Were States
4. Outlines
5. For Baltimore
6. Paint You Wings
7. Thanks To You
8. The Reckless and the Brave
9. So Long and Thanks For All The Booze
10. To Live and Let Go
11. Backseat Serenade
12. The Irony of Choking On Your Lifesaver
04:37 PM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
ChadMaxey
tpf
Boise, ID
Male - 24 Years Old
The chorus of Backseat Serenade is stuck in my brain forever.
11:25 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Ismael182
turn on tune in drop out
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't listen to this band. Never cared to. But now I'm starting a pop-punk band with this girl and she wants to cover All Time Low so I GUESS I'll find something to listen to, what are good songs to cover?
12:13 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
I don't dig it that much, but it's on par with Nothing Personal for me. SWIR > TPS > NP = DP >>>>>>> DW.

Overall, it's a good album, but the hooks aren't as strong as any of their previous releases and a couple badly placed filler songs disrupt the flow (Irony,
Backseat Serenade, etc.) I don't get why they used so many sharps and flats in the vocal melodies, that stuff works for Bayside but it sounds a bit strange on a pop-rock/pop-punk album. oh and Somewhere In Neverland is the only song that's "hit me", but hopefully that'll change when I give it some more time.

As for the songs:

1. Somewhere In Neverland
2. So Long Soldier
3. If These Sheets Were States
4. Outlines
5. For Baltimore
6. Paint You Wings
7. Thanks To You
8. The Reckless and the Brave
9. So Long and Thanks For All The Booze
10. To Live and Let Go
11. Backseat Serenade
12. The Irony of Choking On Your Lifesaver

Sharps and flats? theres a lot of sharps and flats in all/any music haha it just depends what key youre in. I doubt hes going out of the key. what song(s) are you talking about? just so i can get a context of what you said.

Also I dislike the concept of filler tracks, so just to play devils advocate Ill point out that a lot of people really like Irony and a lot of their main demographic (teenage girls) im sure are eating that song up. And I just saw an interview where Alex and Jack said Backseat serenade is their favorite song on the album, and a lot of people on here like it too. To Live and Let Go is your 3rd least faovirte. Its my favorite. People have different tastes. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean its filler.

Edit: Actually surprised To Live And Let Go is so low on your list just because you seem to like the more rock side of the album. The chorus in that song is my favorite of the album. So powerful and catchy by my standards
12:16 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
I don't listen to this band. Never cared to. But now I'm starting a pop-punk band with this girl and she wants to cover All Time Low so I GUESS I'll find something to listen to, what are good songs to cover?

For more pop-punk try Coffeeshop Soundtrack or anything off of Put Up Or Shut Up/The Party Scene. Also Heroes, So Long Soldier, and This Is How We Do are probably the most punk songs off of their other albums.
12:55 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
Connecticut
Male - 16 Years Old
If I were to rank the albums...:

1. Don't Panic
2. So Wrong, It's Right
3. Put Up or Shut Up
4. Nothing Personal
5. The Party Scene
6. Dirty Work

The top 4 are very close though.
02:37 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
saddr weirdr
Southern California
Female
Sharps and flats? theres a lot of sharps and flats in all/any music haha it just depends what key youre in. I doubt hes going out of the key. what song(s) are you talking about? just so i can get a context of what you said.

Also I dislike the concept of filler tracks, so just to play devils advocate Ill point out that a lot of people really like Irony and a lot of their main demographic (teenage girls) im sure are eating that song up. And I just saw an interview where Alex and Jack said Backseat serenade is their favorite song on the album, and a lot of people on here like it too. To Live and Let Go is your 3rd least faovirte. Its my favorite. People have different tastes. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean its filler.

Edit: Actually surprised To Live And Let Go is so low on your list just because you seem to like the more rock side of the album. The chorus in that song is my favorite of the album. So powerful and catchy by my standards

I'm not really well versed in musical terminology so I might be off but I feel like the vocal melody in many of these songs incorporate a LOT of sharps and flats. e.g. The verse of Backseat Serenade, verse of So Long & Thanks for All the Booze, verse of Live and Let Go, throughout Outlines, verse of Paint You Wings etc. It's not inherently a bad thing and it's something that I've associated with Bayside, I just noticed that they seem to occur much more frequently than they did on previous releases (either that or something about the production makes those notes REALLY stand out), and it kind of takes away from the catchiness factor especially since there are fewer hooks on this album to begin with (at least in my opinion).

I like to point out flaws more than I like to praise so I might have come off as a bit too critical, but the truth is, I love this band so damn much and I'd probably listen to/ try to like whatever they put out in the future. It's just that nothing on this album's really "hit me" like all the songs on SWIR and PUOSU and about half of the ones on NP do, and it's even more frustrating because DP is actually a good album haha. With Dirty Work, I could go right out and say "half these songs suck ass, they're too produced and are about absolutely nothing" whereas DP clearly has a lot of thought and heart put into it so it bums me out when I find that I can't connect with it.

I just hope it grows on me with a few more listens. I didn't like TRATB when it first came out and now it's one of my favorites so who knows. and Outlines just passed If These Sheets were States so there's that haha.

edit: Filler for me is a song that just fails to hold my attention. Something repetitive and mid-tempo like irony, placed right after a really fast pop-punk song, just annoys hell out of me. Backseat Serenade feels pieced together, like the verse and chorus were parts of different songs and were scrapped together in the studio. And overall, if you listen to any of their other records and then listen to this.... there's a clear drop in catchiness. The melodies aren't as strong, the chord progressions don't hold the songs together and make them phenomenal. There are lots of good songs, but only a few great songs (in my opinion).
02:47 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
saddr weirdr
Southern California
Female

Coffeeshop Soundtrack, Let it Roll, The Party Scene, Heroes
03:17 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
I'm not really well versed in musical terminology so I might be off but I feel like the vocal melody in many of these songs incorporate a LOT of sharps and flats. e.g. The verse of Backseat Serenade, verse of So Long & Thanks for All the Booze, verse of Live and Let Go, throughout Outlines, verse of Paint You Wings etc. It's not inherently a bad thing and it's something that I've associated with Bayside, I just noticed that they seem to occur much more frequently than they did on previous releases (either that or something about the production makes those notes REALLY stand out), and it kind of takes away from the catchiness factor especially since there are fewer hooks on this album to begin with (at least in my opinion).

I like to point out flaws more than I like to praise so I might have come off as a bit too critical, but the truth is, I love this band so damn much and I'd probably listen to/ try to like whatever they put out in the future. It's just that nothing on this album's really "hit me" like all the songs on SWIR and PUOSU and about half of the ones on NP do, and it's even more frustrating because DP is actually a good album haha. With Dirty Work, I could go right out and say "half these songs suck ass, they're too produced and are about absolutely nothing" whereas DP clearly has a lot of thought and heart put into it so it bums me out when I find that I can't connect with it.

I just hope it grows on me with a few more listens. I didn't like TRATB when it first came out and now it's one of my favorites so who knows. and Outlines just passed If These Sheets were States so there's that haha.

edit: Filler for me is a song that just fails to hold my attention. Something repetitive and mid-tempo like irony, placed right after a really fast pop-punk song, just annoys hell out of me. Backseat Serenade feels pieced together, like the verse and chorus were parts of different songs and were scrapped together in the studio. And overall, if you listen to any of their other records and then listen to this.... there's a clear drop in catchiness. The melodies aren't as strong, the chord progressions don't hold the songs together and make them phenomenal. There are lots of good songs, but only a few great songs (in my opinion).

Sharps and flats? Each key has a scale, and the notes in that scale are in that key. Most scales have sharps and flats in the scale, and would be part of that key... Nothing Alex sings is out of key or off pitch.
04:10 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
saddr weirdr
Southern California
Female
Sharps and flats? Each key has a scale, and the notes in that scale are in that key. Most scales have sharps and flats in the scale, and would be part of that key... Nothing Alex sings is out of key or off pitch.

Listen to the verse of Backseat Serenade. The switch from "lazy lover find a" to "place for me again". I have no idea what that's called, but it happens a lot throughout the album. and it also tends to happen a lot in the vocal melody of Bayside songs.
04:57 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Nexus Strife
No Avatar Selected
Virginia Beach, VA
Male
is anyone else as disappointed as I am?

probably not.
05:13 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Listen to the verse of Backseat Serenade. The switch from "lazy lover find a" to "place for me again". I have no idea what that's called, but it happens a lot throughout the album. and it also tends to happen a lot in the vocal melody of Bayside songs.

They switch chords there... Haha
05:19 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
saddr weirdr
Southern California
Female
They switch chords there... Haha

do they change keys too?

and i was referring to his voice. i play guitar, i'm not dumb, i know what a chord change is.
05:25 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
do they change keys too?

No, they switch from an F# to a C#

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives