AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Cub Scouts - Told You So EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.5
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 8.5
Production 8.5
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Final Verdict: 85%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Cub Scouts - Told You So EP

Reviewed by: Gregory Robson (10/19/12)
Cub Scouts - Told You So
Record Label: Self-released
Release Date: March 8, 2012 (Australia); unreleased in U.S.

Who?
Cub Scouts are an indie quartet from Brisbane, Australia. Single "Do You Hear," achieved the Song of the Year Award at the Queensland Music Awards, earlier this year.

How is it?
Dazzling.

There's precocity and then there's the Australian band Cub Scouts. On their six song EP Told You So the group belies their youth in resounding fashion with a disc that is without a doubt polished, pristine and undoubtedly impassioned. Whether its the tranquil fragility of piano-laden ballad "Light Me Up," the sun-splashed bounce of lead single "Evie," or the refreshing zest of the title track, there's something deeply profound and powerful at work here.

Arguably the most commercial cut on the EP, the swirling and sweetly affecting "Do You Hear," has the kind of brilliance that could certainly find favor with many in the indie blogosphere. Proving that the band is more than just cute teen faces, they put their best foot forward on the ebullient "Hands," and the haunting hypnotism of the ethereal ballad "Scream."

Word on the street is that Cub Scouts are gathering quite a following in their native country and with a disc this impressive it is certainly easy to see why. Though its probably too early to start prognosticating and getting all sorts of hyperbolic, there's little reason to think a big future isn't in the cards for these four fresh faces. Told You So is an absolute gem.

Recommended If You Like San Cisco, Hungry Kids of Hungary, The Middle East

Find Them Here http://cubscouts.bandcamp.com and http://www.facebook.com/CubScoutsMusic

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
07:06 PM on 10/19/12
justbradley
User Info.
Do they plan on releasing the EP in the US? On their bandcamp, they have a couple of singles, and I love them. I'd love to hear more.

Edit: Oh, I see it on iTunes, so I guess it did get released! Wonderful!
05:20 PM on 12/19/12
alice123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their footwear is really best for loafing after work and personally I don't think much more, but for good northface coupons warm enough that function they are a great price for great comfort and easy maintenance.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests