AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

Lower Than Atlantis - 10.25.12

Interviewed by: Andy Biddulph (10/25/12)
Following the release of Lower Than Atlantis' third album Changing Tune on Tuesday, we grabbed a quick email chat with guitarist Ben Sansom about the album, their recent label change and their festival-packed summer.

Changing Tune came out on Tuesday – how’s it different to your last two?

It’s much more mature, we had more time to write it and we had more time in the studio to experiment with different ideas.

How was working with producer John Mitchell (Funeral For A Friend, Enter Shikari)?

It was a good laugh, he drinks too much gin and loves a good BBQ but he’s great on working on vocals with Mike and had some awesome ideas that made this record great.

It seems like you played every festival going last summer and this summer too. Haven’t you wanted a bit of a sit down in the past 3 or 4 years?
No, due to release of the record, we wanted to play as much as possible. We had the weekdays off and worked weekends so it wasn’t too much of a struggle

And you had a couple of shows with Blink over the summer, how did that go?
It was really good fun, very cool to support a band that we’ve loved since we were kids and great to play to such big crowds

You signed to Island Records at the start of the year, how’s being with them different from when you were on Wolf At Your Door Records?
It’s been great signing to Island, the advice we’ve been given by them has really helped whereas at Wolf we had to do lots of stuff on our own

You and a load of other bands are getting a ruck of radio play right now. Is it fair to say that the UK loves guitar music again?
Not quite yet, we still need a record to break through to the mainstream and then guitars will be back in the public eye.

Is that something that was in the back of your minds a little bit in terms of getting your last couple of albums out so quickly? I doubt there’s been a better time to be a UK rock band in the last 10 years or so.
I disagree, I think there’s been better times in the past. We got albums out quickly as we write records fast and don’t want to sit around at home doing nothing.

What are your plans for the rest of the year?
Going to Europe in November with The Used and starting to write the next record already.

What are you listening to at the moment?
Listening to Balance and Composure.

Anything to add?
Our record is out so go and buy it!

Thanks to Ben for taking the time to talk to us and don't forget to grab the record on iTunes.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3.
08:26 AM on 10/25/12
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
I wish that Ben would've said more, but I understand. Easily contender for my AOTY.
10:13 PM on 10/28/12
Latacossili
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
zl38 http://bestdoxycycline.net/#us01 doxycycline hydrochloride bestdoxycycline.net doxycycline dental
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests