Password

10:39 AM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Promo

SynopsisRayna James (Connie Britton) is the established "Queen of Country" music. However, her latest album is not selling well and her tour is playing to half empty venues. Her record label suggests that she open for Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy best selling singer of bubble gum country. However, Juliette, seeing Rayna as washed up, purposefully alienates her and Rayna, who dislikes Juliette's style of music, rejects a joint tour out of hand. The two women come into conflict as both try to get guitarist Deacon Claybborne (Charles Esten), Rayna's bandmate and former lover, to sign onto their tour. Rayna's life is further complicated when her estranged father, millionaire businessman Lamar Wyatt (Powers Boothe), convinces her husband, Teddy Conrad (Eric Close), to run for Mayor of Nashville.

Anybody else watching what's arguably the best new drama this year?

Well-written, heartfelt, INCREDIBLE music (most of which written by John Paul White of the Civil Wars and T. Bone Burnett); there's only three episodes aired, so more than enough time to catch up.
10:53 AM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Planning on catching this when they're all on demand.
01:59 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 25 Years Old
Dude, I've lived here for four years. The show is such an idiotic caricature of the way people in Nashville act (let alone the way the music business works here), its almost hard to watch.
02:10 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Dude, I've lived here for four years. The show is such an idiotic caricature of the way people in Nashville act (let alone the way the music business works here), its almost hard to watch.
Okay.
06:52 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
I have been enjoying it so far.
06:29 PM on 11/02/12 
User Info.
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
MPLS/LA
Male - 25 Years Old
I used to live in Nashville.
12:56 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
Whalejaw
This show is so slow.
06:59 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Promo

SynopsisRayna James (Connie Britton) is the established "Queen of Country" music. However, her latest album is not selling well and her tour is playing to half empty venues. Her record label suggests that she open for Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy best selling singer of bubble gum country. However, Juliette, seeing Rayna as washed up, purposefully alienates her and Rayna, who dislikes Juliette's style of music, rejects a joint tour out of hand. The two women come into conflict as both try to get guitarist Deacon Claybborne (Charles Esten), Rayna's bandmate and former lover, to sign onto their tour. Rayna's life is further complicated when her estranged father, millionaire businessman Lamar Wyatt (Powers Boothe), convinces her husband, Teddy Conrad (Eric Close), to run for Mayor of Nashville.

Anybody else watching what's arguably the best new drama this year?

Well-written, heartfelt, INCREDIBLE music (most of which written by John Paul White of the Civil Wars and T. Bone Burnett); there's only three episodes aired, so more than enough time to catch up.

Haha, I should have known that you would be the other ap.net guy watching this show.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far. When they let the music carry the proceedings, its something really special (the pilot balanced the music with the other narrative elements really beautifully). This week's episode only had one song and got a little too full-on soapy to compensate, but its still really enjoyable.

Are the soundtrack tunes available online? I knew T Bone was writing, didn't know John Paul White was, but it reminded me of his stuff right away, so that makes sense.
07:00 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member

You know how tv works, right? Everything is exaggerated and over the top. It's not a documentary.
07:18 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
Fort Bragg, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
Haha, I should have known that you would be the other ap.net guy watching this show.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far. When they let the music carry the proceedings, its something really special (the pilot balanced the music with the other narrative elements really beautifully). This week's episode only had one song and got a little too full-on soapy to compensate, but its still really enjoyable.

Are the soundtrack tunes available online? I knew T Bone was writing, didn't know John Paul White was, but it reminded me of his stuff right away, so that makes sense.

All songs are available on iTunes.

I'm a fan of the show.
07:31 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
All songs are available on iTunes.

I'm a fan of the show.

Sweet, grabbing all of the Gunnar/Scarlett songs for sure.
07:46 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
RyneOh1040
Nashville, TN
Male - 26 Years Old
I live in Nashville as well, and while I do know it's a drama I don't feel it's that off base, especially in the country world. Maybe not some of the more risque things such as Juliette sleeping with everyone on the show are as common place in the industry but a lot of the inner workings of the major labels still left in town seem to be fairly accurate. Either way, I think the writing for this is the best of the new shows this year and I'll watch anything with Connie Britton. It will forever be a crime that she never won the Emmy for Best Actress for Friday Night Lights but I would argue she has more talent than just about any other leading lady on network TV. And a lot of the Civil Wars-esque music on this show is really good. Good to see Joy Williams and John Paul White getting even more exposure.
05:19 PM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 25 Years Old
You know how tv works, right? Everything is exaggerated and over the top. It's not a documentary.

I understand that. I just feel like they could have done a better job representing the way that people in Nashville actually interact with the city. I'm not looking for documentary level realism, but its not like Taylor Swift is hanging out at Tootsie's on the reg or Faith Hill is constantly chilling at Bluebird Cafe. You get the ocassional celebrity appearance at those places here and there, but its mostly just shitty songwriters. And the guy and girl duo that are obviously supposed to be the Civil Wars... Jesus.

My gripe is that its obvious the writers don't really understand that your average Nashvillian doesn't even like country, and your average country star is not hanging out in dive bars.
06:05 PM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
Fort Bragg, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
Love Fade Into You by Sam and Clare
06:15 PM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
'Obviously supposed to be the Civil Wars'. Haha, come on, dude, are you even trying.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos