Username
Password

07:45 AM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
Dela-where?
Female
If you are poor, like secondhand clothes, or merely wish to pretend that you are not a middle class suburbanite, these places are heaven.

I've found some great stuff in thrift stores: record players, one of those alarm clocks from the '70s/80s, my typewriters, records, some really great scarves that I use for headbands, etc. Last weekend I found a book of Shakespeare's complete works for a dollar.

Anyone love thrifting and get some cool stuff for a good price out of it?
08:09 AM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Thrift stores are the way to go... I see no point in paying full price for clothing that I can usually find at a thrift store for much much less and often times it's only been worn like once or not at all.

No shame in shopping at Goodwill and the likes...

And you can usually find stuff that you would never see anywhere else. I've found so many cool T-shirts there for like a buck

Garage sales are good too
09:38 AM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
I love thrift stores. Plenty of antiques show up at Goodwill and nobody on staff bothers to check their actual value.
10:27 AM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
Long Island, NY
Female - 24 Years Old
I get copies of brand new books for a buck and my mom found a really pretty, brand new white-gold necklace for a few dollars. I've also found a couple pairs of high waisted shorts that people spend $60 at American Apparel for just a couple dollars. Thrift stores are the bee's knee's!
10:28 AM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I get copies of brand new books for a buck and my mom found a really pretty, brand new white-gold necklace for a few dollars. I've also found a couple pairs of high waisted shorts that people spend $60 at American Apparel for just a couple dollars. Thrift stores are the bee's knee's!

insect's ligaments
10:49 AM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
cococrisp20
3Hunna
11:04 AM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
Champaign-Urbana,...
Male - 23 Years Old
I always enjoy hunting through those places and seeing what's there. Usually a lot of crap, but great when you find something that makes it worth it.
11:49 AM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
There are a ton of places to find cool stuff in Nashville. OP, do you know of any good spots in Delaware? My parents live in Newark and the only place I know of is the Goodwill by the movie theatre haha.
12:26 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
Most of the clothes I own at this point are second-hand.
01:34 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
Connecticut
Male - 17 Years Old
I grab old CD's, video games and electronics of that nature from Goodwill from time to time. Love it.
02:00 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
BridgeLL
Oregon
Female - 34 Years Old
I have gotten so much awesome stuff from Goodwill!!

Let's see... I got my first futon there, ex broke that by jumping on it lol. I got a ton of house supplies there - like a brand new mop for $3 a new broom, a hose-holding thing... Just moved into a house this year - I've always been in apartments or townhouses so far. So this is my first experience caring for a yard/flower beds all by myself. It was awesome though :)

Latest find - awesome swivel rocker for $13 in excellent condition. So comfortable.

Thank goodness for goodwill and thrift stores. I'm too poor to buy anything new lol
03:00 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
jeffersin
I love you!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
Goodwill's my shit. When they put certain clothing on sale, it's like Christmas. You can get like five good shirts for under ten bucks.
03:07 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
cococrisp20
3Hunna
There are a ton of places to find cool stuff in Nashville. OP, do you know of any good spots in Delaware? My parents live in Newark and the only place I know of is the Goodwill by the movie theatre haha.
I live in Newark too, the only good place I know of is the Goodwill off Kirkwood Highway. I've found some awesome Christmas sweaters there.
03:15 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!

Im possibly going to NAshville next summer. May I ask some places youre referring to?
04:58 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
Im possibly going to NAshville next summer. May I ask some places youre referring to?

Depends on what you're looking for. There's a Christian thrift store (I know, wtf?) that has great furniture, but thats out in Murfreesboro. There's a place thats called Nashville Thrift (or something like that) on Charlotte avenue away from downtown that I've gotten some cool stuff at. The Goodwill off of Gallatin road right by my house always has rad pants for some reason.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos