AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Signing News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

GrandeMarshall Signs With Fools Gold

Posted by - 05:46 PM on 11/01/12
Congrats to local Philly rapper GrandeMarshall who has just signed to Fools Gold Records (Danny Brown, Chromeo). You can check out his debut video here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
12:08 AM on 11/02/12
leftapart
User Info.
12:18 AM on 11/02/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Everyone I've talked to loves him so far. I'm not too big on his voice, but his rhymes are good. It's also refreshing to hear fiercely honest rap over Erykah Badu/jazzy-soul music.
06:48 AM on 11/02/12
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
Everyone I've talked to loves him so far. I'm not too big on his voice, but his rhymes are good. It's also refreshing to hear fiercely honest rap over Erykah Badu/jazzy-soul music.
Interesting; I didn't mind his voice and found his rhymes a bit simplistic. Musically, though, I otherwise enjoy it. Guess I'll be keeping an eye out for him.
08:46 AM on 11/02/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Interesting; I didn't mind his voice and found his rhymes a bit simplistic. Musically, though, I otherwise enjoy it. Guess I'll be keeping an eye out for him.
Rad. Also, you didn't think they were clever at least? Especially the "shirt can be a sweater, denim turning into leather" and just the way he says "if you wanna get to riffin you'll be mixin with the smiffen" or "i dont pray for my foes i prey on my foes". It's hard to explain what I mean, but it sounds like something I hear across a lot of young Philly rappers.

Check this out too if you get a quick min:
[sc=63441530]63441530[/sc]
09:58 AM on 11/02/12
Star Slight
Mods: Delete
User Info.
Good stuff. Wanna see what he does
11:15 AM on 11/02/12
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
Rad. Also, you didn't think they were clever at least? Especially the "shirt can be a sweater, denim turning into leather" and just the way he says "if you wanna get to riffin you'll be mixin with the smiffen" or "i dont pray for my foes i pray on my foes". It's hard to explain what I mean, but it sounds like something I hear across a lot of young Philly rappers.

Check this out too if you get a quick min:
[sc=63441530]63441530[/sc]
I loved the "pray for my foes, prey on my foes" line. I didn't think the lyrics weren't witty, per se - I just would have liked to see more complex rhymes, or at least less common ones.
11:51 AM on 11/02/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
don't usually listen to hip hop, but I was rather surprised to hear rapping over smooth jazz music. the more real instruments and "soul" in this kind of music, the more i'll respect it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos