Username
Password

11:14 PM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
So this band just played on my iPod today and was an instant throw back. Did some Googling and I have no clue what happened to these guys. Anybody know why they broke up and/or what any of the members are doing now? Specifically the vocalist as he was awesome. This was one of the insanely unique bands I ever heard. Miss 'em and just looking for some info.

12:58 PM on 11/02/12 
User Info.
rbf737
Agreed, DGW were really good and interesting with a sound which was all their own. A little ska mixed with hardcore punk/emo guitar and screaming. I really liked most of their songs, including one of the last I heard of them, "Womanizers Have Hearts Too". The screaming can be a bit wearing at times but it usually sets up a nice hook for the singer.

You know they're special when they come on in my car stereo and pretty much anyone riding with me asks who they are.

I don't really know what happened to them. I just got the impression that they all had jobs and the band was an afterthought with the small amount of music they put out in the 6-7 years since I first heard them.

Edit: ALL their stuff is on Spotify; nice!
11:01 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
CastlesXClouds
Relax
San Diego,...
Male
they started this band
07:47 AM on 11/04/12 
User Info.
rbf737
I'm really not liking the Defiler clip; it's like they got rid of all of my favorite parts of DGW and just went way off the heavy deep end. The best parts were when he sang clean in DGW.

I acknowledge that it's just a preference thing; I'm sure people who are into screamy music might be about this new stuff.

Side note, I had only heard about half of the tracks on "Never a Hand to Hold" and got to hear the rest and I'm hooked. No Paper... Just Rock is fantastic.
07:51 PM on 11/04/12 
User Info.
codeseven
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm really not liking the Defiler clip; it's like they got rid of all of my favorite parts of DGW and just went way off the heavy deep end. The best parts were when he sang clean in DGW.

I acknowledge that it's just a preference thing; I'm sure people who are into screamy music might be about this new stuff.

Side note, I had only heard about half of the tracks on "Never a Hand to Hold" and got to hear the rest and I'm hooked. No Paper... Just Rock is fantastic.

Just FYI, they did not turn into Defiler. I guess that kid just felt like being a douche and posting it. Also, every track on Never A Hand To Hold is solid - favorite being Pennsylvania Will Surely Kill Us All (unfortunately the version on Spotify has skips in it, luckily I have the CD however). Really wish I could find out what happened.
11:39 AM on 12/04/13 
User Info.
codeseven
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
Figured I'd bump this for anyone curious. I just found out they have a new album coming out in March called "Finding Your Heart Again". They put out a demo a few days ago.
06:43 PM on 12/04/13 
User Info.
saturday_snow_squall
www.dailyslicemag.com
Denville, NJ
Male - 20 Years Old
i adore this band, they absolutely kill it live. so unique.
06:05 PM on 03/07/14 
User Info.
codeseven
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
Their new album is just one week away! They posted a new track here:

http://dalysgonewrong.bandcamp.com/t...tle-was-a-poet
12:46 PM on 03/14/14 
User Info.
codeseven
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
And the CD is out. Haven't listened to it yet - been a busy day at work.
http://dalysgonewrong.bandcamp.com/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version