Username
Password

05:12 AM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
Perth, WA
Male - 19 Years Old
The other night I was lucky enough to be one of the first in Australia to play on the Wii U. It's innovative. The new controller can make this console a handheld device, the console unit just has to be in range. So in other words, you can watch TV while your friend plays on the Wii U, because the new controller has a screen. I was only able to play on a few games and one of those games a Zombie shoot em up game called ZombU and basically the plot line is you're in Buckingham palace and everyone's a zombie, anyway, I found there to be no real improvement in the graphics from the original Wii, granted these games were 3 month old development builds, but I've seen some development builds with great graphics. The console comes out November 18 in the USA and November 30 everywhere else..

Edited.
06:16 AM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't understand how North America gets it before the rest of the world. Will not buy.
08:01 AM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
oakhurst
Faith, Love, Hope
Male - 22 Years Old
I will be buying, but I doubt i'll see any in stock for quite some time if it sells as much as the Wii did.
11:29 AM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
rhetoricjams
NC
Male
I don't understand how North America gets it before the rest of the world. Will not buy.

have you seen the sales figures for Nintendo in North America? They have the family gaming market cornered. Be real, what kid would opt out of getting a 3ds in order to get a PS VISTA? The WiiU is for all ages and it's not for the "hxc gaming" market which has been dominated by systems too busy trying to one-up eachothers graphics to focus on maintaining some sort of branding consistency. Since the mis-step of the gamecube, I'd say things have been getting better and better for nintendo fiends. Nothing will ever quite match the 8bit days tho, no way jose!
11:34 AM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
have you seen the sales figures for Nintendo in North America? They have the family gaming market cornered. Be real, what kid would opt out of getting a 3ds in order to get a PS VISTA? The WiiU is for all ages and it's not for the "hxc gaming" market which has been dominated by systems too busy trying to one-up eachothers graphics to focus on maintaining some sort of branding consistency. Since the mis-step of the gamecube, I'd say things have been getting better and better for nintendo fiends. Nothing will ever quite match the 8bit days tho, no way jose!

How does this address anything I said?
11:41 AM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
nowFace
You're irreversible
Southern California
Male - 23 Years Old
Fuck nintendo. Yeah I said it.
12:00 PM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
Niagara Falls, ON
Male
Not really motivated to buy this one, gonna opt for the new xbox or playstation system.. I must be getting old.
12:03 PM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
nowFace
You're irreversible
Southern California
Male - 23 Years Old
I just don't like the fact they made a new system with pretty much four year old hardware. Obviously the controller isn't, but they should have just waited till later so it could have better graphics. That was the main problem with the wii, and now Sony and MS are poised to take control again. After Nintendo sold so well with the wii I feel like they should have had enough money to do it right. IMO
12:13 PM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
Fuck nintendo. Yeah I said it.

12:14 PM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
nowFace
You're irreversible
Southern California
Male - 23 Years Old
Mind does in fact=blown.
01:44 PM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
Jamestown, NY
Male - 27 Years Old
The other night I was lucky enough to be one of the first in the world to play on the Wii U. It's innovative. The new controller can make this console a handheld device, the console unit just has to be in range. So in other words, you can watch TV while your friend plays on the Wii U, because the new controller has a screen. I was only able to play on a few games and one of those games a Zombie shoot em up game called ZombU and basically the plot line is you're in Buckingham palace and everyone's a zombie, anyway, I found there to be no real improvement in the graphics from the original Wii, granted these games were 3 month old development builds, but I've seen some development builds with great graphics. The console comes out November 30.

November 18...
02:12 PM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
GrantCloud
Minneapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
Pre ordered at target, but probably gonna turn around and resell it
02:22 PM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
Ricketts
@allenricketts
Dallas, TX
Male - 22 Years Old
The other night I was lucky enough to be one of the first in the world to play on the Wii U. It's innovative. The new controller can make this console a handheld device, the console unit just has to be in range. So in other words, you can watch TV while your friend plays on the Wii U, because the new controller has a screen. I was only able to play on a few games and one of those games a Zombie shoot em up game called ZombU and basically the plot line is you're in Buckingham palace and everyone's a zombie, anyway, I found there to be no real improvement in the graphics from the original Wii, granted these games were 3 month old development builds, but I've seen some development builds with great graphics. The console comes out November 30.

It's been playable at the Target I work at for like 2 weeks.
02:26 PM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
It's been playable at the Target I work at for like 2 weeks.

Yeah, I wandered casually into a Gamestop the other day and they had one there too. I'm tempted to buy it but frankly my backlog of games too play on everything from PSX to 360 is enormous. That said, if it were to have upscaled Wii games like it should have I would buy one in a heartbeat.
02:26 PM on 11/10/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old

...in North America. He's from Australia.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos