Username
Password
Stolen News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Stolen
Inside AP.net

State Champs Robbed in Montreal

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (11/13/12)
State Champs had their van broken into last night.
From The BandLast night in Montreal, QC at L'esco, we came outside to a smashed back window of our van with many personal items stolen including Macbooks, iPods, and a passport. We're ok, we'll still be playing Portland, Maine tonight at Studio250, and we're not asking for anything. Just wanted bands to take note and let everyone know we may not be back to Montreal for a very long time. Lesson learned and it could have been worse. We'll see you all back in the states to finish off our tour with Citizen and Candy Hearts.

Submitted by Losthope182

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
10:20 AM on 11/13/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
They weren't robbed. They were burglarized.
10:38 AM on 11/13/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
That sucks. Just wondering if this is the same venue that is notorious for this activity. I think it was early 2012 or in 2011 there were a bunch of bands robbed at the same venue where they were parked in an alley or something. I will make sure to buy some merch when they tour with HTL and AL4W.
10:39 AM on 11/13/12
woohoo!
There's so much room for activities
User Info.
They weren't robbed. They were burglarized.
people don't really know the difference lol. it sucks so bad when this happens to bands. they lose thousands of dollars of stuff. i know it would really suck but i feel like members of the band should trade off sleeping in the van/trailer/u-haul/whatever and when they arent playing they need to make the merch guy/tour manager/sound guy or someone hold on to the small valuables like macbooks, ipods, passports, cell phones wallets and let that stuff never leave their sight. keep them in a backpack if you have to
10:42 AM on 11/13/12
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
Blame Canada!
11:32 AM on 11/13/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Damn Canadians.
11:49 AM on 11/13/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
This is fucked.
11:52 AM on 11/13/12
Nickisonfire
Waffles
User Info.
Montreal isn't Canada.

This really sucks though, they were amazing in Toronto on Friday.
12:00 PM on 11/13/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Fucking Canada...

Band is great
12:19 PM on 11/13/12
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Eventually bands will learn to stop leaving valuable shit in their vans unattended. You'd think the frequency of these break-ins would wake them up. I understand if they don't want to lug around instruments, but for fuck's sake, there's no excuse for something as portable as Apple products.
12:34 PM on 11/13/12
briantalife
Brian Marquis
User Info.
all touring bands should have their gear and high value personal items insured. it costs $100 per $10,000 of gear per year. totally worth it. https://www.musicproinsurance.com
01:10 PM on 11/13/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
I'm pissed
02:01 PM on 11/13/12
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Isn't Montreal notoriously known for shit like this happening?
03:19 PM on 11/13/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Eventually bands will learn to stop leaving valuable shit in their vans unattended. You'd think the frequency of these break-ins would wake them up. I understand if they don't want to lug around instruments, but for fuck's sake, there's no excuse for something as portable as Apple products.
The guys explained what happened on their FB. They were watching Citizen for about 20 minutes, the only time they left their van unattended and it got jacked.
03:50 PM on 11/13/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
this happens all the time at this venue. i posted something a few months ago here on AP.net about another band being robbed. and this was like the 8th incident this year alone of this happening.

- Gunz
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums