Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

10:33 PM on 11/13/12 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
this is ridiculous. the Jays are basically half 2012 Marlins now. Such a fucking mess.
11:04 PM on 11/13/12 
User Info.
ForlrnPerplxity
Call me Brosnan
Everywhere
Male - 28 Years Old
I wish the citizens of Miami could sue the shit out of that awful franchise.
11:10 PM on 11/13/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I'm not sure why everyone seem certain the Sox won't contend. Granted a lot of their core players had down or injured years last year. But Lester, Buccholtz, Pedroia, Ortiz, Middlebrooks and Ellsbury isn't a bad bunch to work with. It all centers around who else joins their rotation with Dubront, and who they get for 1B, LF and RF. They're certainly not completely out of it for 2013.
03:58 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
Male - 27 Years Old
i haven't seen any beat reports about having some master plan in mind. i think there would be some rumblings if there was a strategy to this whole debacle besides "please pay for my team miami, kthx".

This Passan piece is pretty damning: http://yhoo.it/LOQNAV

I wouldn't be surprised if beat writers stayed silent for fear of being blacklisted by the team. The Marlins already make media members PAY for parking, which is absurd and tacky.
04:23 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Whether it's fair or not, the last season + one month of Red Sox baseball have taken away any benefit of the doubt that Boston had or would've had for a long time.
05:51 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Boston is going to need good years from Lester and clay if they want to contend in my opinion.
06:29 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
itsmesean0630
_________________________ __________
Male - 26 Years Old
I just heard the Marlins trade news...

They really don't give a shit about their fanbase. Blue Jays look scary on paper, let's see if they can actually do something.

Very happy to have Johnson out of the division, though.
06:43 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
West Chester, PA
Male - 29 Years Old
Whether it's fair or not, the last season + one month of Red Sox baseball have taken away any benefit of the doubt that Boston had or would've had for a long time.

Shut up Matt.

: )
08:05 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old

Where do you think the sox stand in the division and what do you think needs to happen for them to contend this year?
08:36 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
wesgemm08
Dance Yrself Clean
Male - 29 Years Old
I'll still put the Rays at #1 in the division right now.
08:40 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
Recovery Room
2014 NL EAST DIVISION CHAMPS
Neverland
Male
Can someone explain to me the point of having a city pay for a stadium only to turn around and do this? You've ensured that the stadium will remain empty. I don't see how Loria and Samson benefit from that.
08:42 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
There is nothing to explain. This move does nothing but help the team financially.
08:52 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 29 Years Old
Can someone explain to me the point of having a city pay for a stadium only to turn around and do this? You've ensured that the stadium will remain empty. I don't see how Loria and Samson benefit from that.
Because from 2002 to 2010, years when they basically had no one at games, they still pocketed $150MM in revenue sharing. And now they'll be able to do more of the same.
09:08 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
I just heard the Marlins trade news...

They really don't give a shit about their fanbase.

Loria gives no shits about anyone, including personnel too. It's also funny to me how they go through managers all the time. I almost forgot that Joe Girardi managed them for a season and was fired. Fredi Gonzalez wasn't there too terribly long before he got the boot. Mike Redmond has no chance to even try and make a name for himself.
09:39 AM on 11/14/12 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 29 Years Old
Loria gives no shits about anyone, including personnel too. It's also funny to me how they go through managers all the time. I almost forgot that Joe Girardi managed them for a season and was fired. Fredi Gonzalez wasn't there too terribly long before he got the boot. Mike Redmond has no chance to even try and make a name for himself.
Fredi and Girardi directly contradict this statement. Even if he has no chance of success in Florida, he gets people thinking of him as a big league manager and sets himself up for the next job as long as he handles the team well. No MLB front office is going to judge his record knowing the situation.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos