AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Warner Brothers News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Biffy Clyro Song + Album Info

Posted by - 12:51 PM on 11/19/12
Biffy Clyro will be releasing its new album Opposites on March 12th, 2013. In the replies, you can listen to the band's new song "Black Chandelier."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
12:51 PM on 11/19/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
BIFFY CLYRO ANNOUNCE US RELEASE OF NEW ALBUM, ENTITLED OPPOSITESBreakthrough rock band Biffy Clyro have announced the US release of their new album, Opposites, on March 12, 2013 via Warner Bros Records. A deluxe double album with "making-of" documentary will be available the same day. The first single off Opposites, "Black Chandelier," premiered today on Radio 1's Zane Lowe show. Listen to it here

Produced by GGGarth Richardson (Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers) in Los Angeles, CA, Opposites is the follow-up to the critically-acclaimed Only Revolutions, which sold over 800,000 copies worldwide and earned a Mercury Prize nomination. The Sunday Times, Kerrang and Q each gave it four stars, Esquire labeled it "a blistering triumph" and the NME declared that the release "springs the band instantly level with the greatest rock acts in the world."

The Scottish trio has also cemented their status as one of Britain's most exciting live bands, with three recent sold-out UK arena tours, including a landmark show at Wembley Arena, and headlining festival slots. They won "Best Live Band" awards from both NME and Q in 2011, and their September performance at the iTunes Festival in London led Kerrang to declare them "The best live band in Britain."
12:53 PM on 11/19/12
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
The new song is really boring.
12:54 PM on 11/19/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I like it, will give this a listen even though I've never been able to get into a band with a scottish accent.
01:28 PM on 11/19/12
InExile
AOTY: Broad Shoulders by Dikembe
User Info.
IT'S.....OK.
01:32 PM on 11/19/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like it but it's not as good as anything off Only Revolutions.
01:49 PM on 11/19/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
I like it - Album has been pushed back too many times though.
02:34 PM on 11/19/12
CapitalG24
User Info.
I really like it, very excited about the album.
04:30 PM on 11/19/12
chemo321
User Info.
The lack of anything remotely heavy released so far means one of two things in my opinion: either there are none on the album, or they're keeping them close to their chest till the album drops. Either way, I think this album will be interesting.
04:59 PM on 11/19/12
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
Why so far away of a release? Thought this album was good to go?
05:40 PM on 11/19/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Why so far away of a release? Thought this album was good to go?
It's being released in the UK on January 28th. Not sure why it's being released much later in the US.
06:33 PM on 11/19/12
TylerHartman
User Info.
Upon first listen, it didn't grab me like the old stuff.....HOWEVER, it is still very enjoyable and the last couple minutes of the song were really impressive...perhaps a few more listens and I'll be fully on board...still CAN'T WAIT for this album...it's got AOTY for 2013, written all over it.
07:50 PM on 11/19/12
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good song title
08:51 PM on 11/19/12
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
It's being released in the UK on January 28th. Not sure why it's being released much later in the US.
Oh okay, well that's typical of the Uk sometimes. However i just thought it was coming out sooner then that anyways.
10:17 PM on 11/19/12
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
I like! Album should be great.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT