Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

New Diamond Youth EP in January

Posted by: Drew Beringer (11/19/12)
Diamond Youth will release a new EP titled Orange on January 22nd through Topshelf Records. Full press release, including album art and track listing, can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
02:14 PM on 11/19/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Orange Album Artwork and Tracklisting ReleasedAlternative rock quartet, Diamond Youth, has announced that they will be releasing their highly anticipated EP, Orange, on January 22nd via Topshelf Records. Today, the official album artwork and track listing have been released. Orange, recorded by Brian Mcternan (Circa Survive, Hot Water Music, The Movielife) in his Baltimore-based studio, Salad Days,is the follow up to the band's well-received official debut, Don't Lose Your Cool, recorded by Paul Leavitt (Circa Survive, All Time Low). In support of the upcoming release, Diamond Youth will share the stage with Hostage Calm, AWOLNATION, Braid, Into It. Over It., and Cut Teeth on a handful of upcoming shows. Full tour dates are listed below.

Diamond Youth brings quite the diverse resumé to the table. Claiming Baltimore as their home, members of Diamond Youth are spread across Chicago as well, creating an obstacle in terms of actually practicing as a band. However, using tools of the trade such as 3-way iChat, garage band, and voice note files, Diamond Youth has released 2 EP's in their short tenure since the summer of 2010 and are set to release their third EP, Orange, on January 22nd, 2013.

Despite the varying musical tastes of each member in Diamond Youth, they all share a very common back catalogue of bands who have inspired and defined their developing years as budding artists. From Weezer to Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, and all the way back to the Beach Boys, the influence these bands had on Diamond Youth is ever-apparent in the music they write.

When it comes to what Diamond Youth has to offer, what you see is what you get; what you get is often times more than you can handle. With a rigorous background in art, design, and skateboarding, the boys of Diamond Youth are known for their ability to create and produce all of their own artwork, merchandise, web sites and videos. From silkscreen printing their own t-shirts, directing and editing their own music videos, to designing their own album art, Diamond Youth is a band that has a tight grip on their career and firmly believe in the DIY mentality which allows them to do all of this, and still give away their music for free.

On the upcoming release, guitarist Sam Trapkin says, "Putting out a new record is kind of like raising a kid and then sending it to school for the first time. Like, you think you did a good job raising it, and you have this really intimate relationship, then all the sudden they're out in the world meeting new people. And you know your kid doesn't stink but they're kind of different than the rest and you're really proud but what if everyone else hates them and think they suck? You know?"

Track Listing:
1. Cannonball
2. Separator
3. Come Down
4. Orange
5. Swinging From You
6. Lola

02:28 PM on 11/19/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I'm really excited for this, This band is too good!
03:13 PM on 11/19/12
hiya
User Info.
can't wait, band is soo good
03:31 PM on 11/19/12
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
I want a full length
04:00 PM on 11/19/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Want.
05:10 PM on 11/19/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Not a fan of the artwork at all but the music should be good.
05:32 PM on 11/19/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I'm very excited to check this out. I was just listening to their previous EPs and they are really talented.
08:29 PM on 11/19/12
untitled94
User Info.
This band is great
08:38 PM on 11/19/12
signal to noise
User Info.
very excited, but they need to do a full length!
10:42 PM on 11/19/12
xerickx24
Shots Fired
User Info.
Love this band excited to see where they go next.
01:41 AM on 11/20/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
A full length would be better, but I'm excited regardless.

/thread
06:40 AM on 11/20/12
teamgoldie
User Info.
So excited for this! One of my favorite new rock bands.
06:45 AM on 11/20/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
can't wait to see them with BRAID
09:20 AM on 11/20/12
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
They were Diamond, then DMND, now Diamond Youth, right?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests