Username
Password

10:24 PM on 11/26/12 
User Info.
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
Alma, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah, I'll most likely get it when it's in the Hot Topic webstore. I like No Sleep's pink vinyl.
10:31 PM on 11/26/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Yeah, she's quite swell, thanks.
yr welcum ~~~~~~~
11:26 PM on 11/26/12 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 20 Years Old
I feel like the biggest fan boy ever of this band. They just release so many things that appeal to me....

Now I have to order that vinyl and Christmas Sweater
12:11 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
cutebunniez182
bunnnnnniez
North Carolina
Female - 23 Years Old
I feel like the biggest fan boy ever of this band. They just release so many things that appeal to me....

Now I have to order that vinyl and Christmas Sweater

I seriously thought you were joking about that sweater... wow, how did I miss that. As adorable as that is, I can't see myself buying that, lol.
04:11 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Sakarazu
Hello
CT
Male - 18 Years Old
Dyl ignored my post :'(
06:30 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
iamNex
http://rationalnoise.tumblr.com
Munich, Germany
Male
I love the Wonder Years.
But this interview kinda upset me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=VMf xhGhAR2A

I wrote them this via fb:
For some reason I have a feeling I have to set this straight about your comment on European racism towards Americans.
As a 22-year old German I really can't settle with the generalization of only us dudes involved in the punk-scene being open-minded.
Whenever I meet people from other countries (including Americans!) I try to get into conversations with them and to make a good impression. Ok, I am, kind of, involved in this punk/hardcore scene (or what you wanna call it).
But no one in my family listens to Punkrock. I have many friends that don't listen to Punk or go to shows. Still, whenever we are out and meet tourists (including Americans!), we are open minded and not judging at all.

We have respect for and interest in the USA.
Being open-minded and respectful is not a product of being involved in the punkrock scene. It's a product of education and common sense. My non-punk friends and my family are just as respectful towards Americans as I am.
I don't think people from your and my scene should be made into some forward-thinking-elite - because let's be honest - that's not what we are. This scene has many dicks, just like every other scene and society has its dicks.
Besides, I could tell you a lot of stories of how being German is received with a big fat: "So you're a nazi?" by people from other countries.

Respect and tolerance are part of common sense, not part of a scene.
No hating, I just wanted to make my statement.

No answer though.
Love the band and music though.
I just disagree with this interview. Manifest-Destinycore.
08:43 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
Dyl ignored my post :'(

Still luv u bean
08:48 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified
I love the Wonder Years.
But this interview kinda upset me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=VMf xhGhAR2A

I wrote them this via fb:
For some reason I have a feeling I have to set this straight about your comment on European racism towards Americans.
As a 22-year old German I really can't settle with the generalization of only us dudes involved in the punk-scene being open-minded.
Whenever I meet people from other countries (including Americans!) I try to get into conversations with them and to make a good impression. Ok, I am, kind of, involved in this punk/hardcore scene (or what you wanna call it).
But no one in my family listens to Punkrock. I have many friends that don't listen to Punk or go to shows. Still, whenever we are out and meet tourists (including Americans!), we are open minded and not judging at all.

We have respect for and interest in the USA.
Being open-minded and respectful is not a product of being involved in the punkrock scene. It's a product of education and common sense. My non-punk friends and my family are just as respectful towards Americans as I am.
I don't think people from your and my scene should be made into some forward-thinking-elite - because let's be honest - that's not what we are. This scene has many dicks, just like every other scene and society has its dicks.
Besides, I could tell you a lot of stories of how being German is received with a big fat: "So you're a nazi?" by people from other countries.

Respect and tolerance are part of common sense, not part of a scene.
No hating, I just wanted to make my statement.

No answer though.
Love the band and music though.
I just disagree with this interview. Manifest-Destinycore.

I don't know how to check our FB messages and I can't watch the interview in question right now but I can say that I don't mean to over generalize as a lot of people in Europe have been awesome to us. We've just simultaneously found a ton of condescension and anger towards us before an interaction has begun. I'm strictly speaking from experience and don't mean to offend anyone who doesn't fall into that category. It's just disenchanting to go somewherr and see a lot of aggression brought to you based on being from a certain place. On the other hand, its amazing to see acceptance in the same scenario.
10:28 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Soupy
Verified

The mathcore band?
12:02 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
TachyonEvan
Batman, for example, and Magellan.
Chicago
Male
Gotta say, I love love love A Year As A Ghost. Totally worth the wait for me, haha. And even though I knew the picture of me with the Nick sign was gonna be in there, it was even better than I expected, haha. But that's just me being silly. I haven't spent as much time with it as I'd like to, hopefully I'll get a chance to go through it some more this week. So full of great stuff.

Haven't listened to any of the extra tracks yet, either. I missed the link when Natalie sent it out the first time, and I haven't found the download link that comes with the book yet.
12:34 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 20 Years Old
Gotta say, I love love love A Year As A Ghost. Totally worth the wait for me, haha. And even though I knew the picture of me with the Nick sign was gonna be in there, it was even better than I expected, haha. But that's just me being silly. I haven't spent as much time with it as I'd like to, hopefully I'll get a chance to go through it some more this week. So full of great stuff.

Haven't listened to any of the extra tracks yet, either. I missed the link when Natalie sent it out the first time, and I haven't found the download link that comes with the book yet.

It' on a download card that should have been in a little envelope with the book. The picture of you is cool!

I see myself once in line at the release show but its kind of far away
02:28 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Nintymat
No Avatar Selected
Male - 20 Years Old
Anyone here from the UK order the AYAAG book?

I still haven't received mine yet, and it's a pain because I can't track it on merchnow because they don't allow for tracking packages for international shipping.

So I have no idea if it's been dispatched, if it's lost etc.

Feels bad mang.
02:36 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
I just got mine today. Cool book, but the download included is only 192kbps. Guess I'll go pirate the FLAC off of WHAT.CD
02:52 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Amib70
You think of everything
Boston
Female - 19 Years Old
You guys ever take a nap that you really regret taking afterwards? Feels bad man.
02:52 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
You guys ever take a nap that you really regret taking afterwards? Feels bad man.

only way to go wrong with a nap is to oversleep something.
but naps are top notch.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version