AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Apple/iTunes News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

iTunes 11 Hits App Store

Posted by - 10:29 AM on 11/29/12
The new (and major update) iTunes 11 has been released today.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 132
10:30 AM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Updates ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 11.29.56 AM.png
Views:	506
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	64822  
10:33 AM on 11/29/12
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Just tried to update and it wouldn't let me...stoked to see the new design though!
10:34 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Liking it so far. I think the only thing I dislike is not being able to see Music/Podcasts at once because I'll forget I have new Podcasts to listen to.

This is the way to go pre-streaming service in 2013 though. Continue to blend into Rdio's design
10:34 AM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Kinda looks like Rdio (which is a good thing).
10:35 AM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Liking it so far. I think the only thing I dislike is not being able to see Music/Podcasts at once because I'll forget I have new Podcasts to listen to.

This is the way to go pre-streaming service in 2013 though. Continue to blend into Rdio's design
Dear Apple: Please buy Rdio.
10:38 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Dear Apple: Please buy Rdio.
Right? The designs seem to be meshing together, Rdio is only losing traction (it feels like, at least) to Spotify even though they're greatly improving, and 100B in da bank.

Please.
10:43 AM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Right? The designs seem to be meshing together, Rdio is only losing traction (it feels like, at least) to Spotify even though they're greatly improving, and 100B in da bank.

Please.
There was a rumor for a while Microsoft was gonna make a play for Rdio. I think Apple's belief is they can do what Rdio is doing themselves -- and with the iCloud streaming and everything now -- we might be getting close to that kind fo thing from iTunes.

I'm now using Rdio for about 99% of my music listening on a daily basis. I only use iTunes to keep track of podcasts, play pre-release albums, and as a media server for TV/Movies on my Apple TV. Besides that, it just kinda sits open most days. The Rdio catalog is just too perfect to add a bunch of shit to my queue - hit play - and forget about it.
10:47 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Per my complain: You can go to show > turn on sidebar. phew
10:47 AM on 11/29/12
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
once I have power I'll check it out:
10:48 AM on 11/29/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
There was a rumor for a while Microsoft was gonna make a play for Rdio. I think Apple's belief is they can do what Rdio is doing themselves -- and with the iCloud streaming and everything now -- we might be getting close to that kind fo thing from iTunes.

I'm now using Rdio for about 99% of my music listening on a daily basis. I only use iTunes to keep track of podcasts, play pre-release albums, and as a media server for TV/Movies on my Apple TV. Besides that, it just kinda sits open most days. The Rdio catalog is just too perfect to add a bunch of shit to my queue - hit play - and forget about it.
What about when you're not at home?

Maybe I don't do as much music exploration as you do (well I'm sure I don't since my paying job is entirely non music related) but for me I can't fathom having to rely on a cellular connection in order to stream a song. Even with LTE now on the iP5 one day I'll be sitting at work and have full bars and the next I'll have no signal.

I think if we got to a point where our cellular networks were as strong as say, Japan's, I could see only using Rdio or Spotify for myself. As of now though the idea of relying on ATT in the subway sounds terrible.
10:52 AM on 11/29/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.

So you would definitely recommend Rdio over Spotify? I've been considering subscribing to one and I can't make up mind.
10:52 AM on 11/29/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
hmmmmmm guess i gotta upgrade
10:54 AM on 11/29/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
wow.. searching songs via the albums tab is beautiful... they way it picks the background/text color is awesome.
10:57 AM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
So you would definitely recommend Rdio over Spotify? I've been considering subscribing to one and I can't make up mind.
I, personally, greatly prefer Rdio.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version